Timisora are no pushovers

I think tonight's game is just what we need. In a way it will be a bit like a high-profile pre-season game - the first one with our entire new squad together.

On the assumption they are all match fit, I would definitely play a full strength team. WE need the time together on the park to start building a team.

If the pitch is in good nick I predict that we will thump them.

flb said:
Whos in at leftback then?

Barry or Lescott?

If Bridge isn't fit Id play Lescott.

I suspect he'll go with Zabaleta though.

Shouldn't be a major problem unless they have a lightning quick right winger.

I like Lescott a lot.

Kompany and Lescott are our best centre back pairing for me, although we'll see what Boateng brings to the table.

To be fair to Toure, who I don't rate, he had a good game against Spurs.

dan.j.mcfc said:
I mean no disrespect here at all but i would be reasonably confident of our second string (squad players) picking up a comfortable victory. Also i think the second leg at our place we could easily put 6 or 7 past them. I really am failing to see why people are giving them so much of a chance in regards to them getting a result agains us. We easily have the best squad to compete in this competiton in god knows how long and yet we have people saying we should be happy with a draw. Why is there no confidence amongst us ? Go back to the last time we played in europe and with that same squad of players that came so close against a really strong Hamburg side i would expect nothing less than to win both legs of this tie, nevermind the players we have now.
6-7?:)) Maybe 3.Timisoara is a solid team.You will qualify,but it will not be a goalfest.

I think it'll be tough, but i'm confident we can win tonight. Judging off the spurs game, we still need time to gel together a bit, but we were strong in deffence, and i think we have the players now to hit them on the break (if need be); i think the plan today should play be to play in midfield, especially using the width and playing it on the ground...and work it up gradually. I think we should go for it, although it will anticipated by them coz it's at there place and all, we need to have a bit of more attack in midfield, think we had 3 defensive mids against spurs - which is understandable. I think we should only play 2 tonight, Barry and Yaya.

ramsdale4 said:
That's according to the Romanian (Steaua Bucharest fan) cleaner where I work. He spoke to me about the upcoming game (strangely while I was doing some paper work in trap 3) about how they have spent big money this summer after bringing in a lot of players, including a couple of handy South Americans, and are playing well. He also said they are the Romanian equivalent of City.

Also he said beat CRJ Cluj at the weekend who are a half decent side and have recently beat Shaktar Donesk too. He reckons they will do us 2-1 at their place.

That's funny cause the Cleaner from where I work lives in Paraguay and the day we signed Roque Santa Cruz he wouldn't shut up about how awesome he is. In all honesty there cleaners for a reason ;0)

Let's not get our panties in a bunch.... i hope we give them some credit but i would expect nothing less than a resounding city victory tbh.

3 nil city.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.