Dropping Points

Yer can look at whichever way yer like - better points accumulation than corresponding matches last season (always a decent indicator) - but still points dropped. A reasonable measure of success would be improved performances on last year and this, score-wise was not. But time to get over it. Mind, I haven't got over Carlos missing that little dink over the Wolves keeper at Molyneux last season. It'll take me a the rest of the season to get over this one. When I think of the laff I had at Ronnie Rosenthal and the Wigan player at Spuds!

We are only 3 games into the season FFS, we are not going to win every game, there will be a few draws and a few losses, get over it, I love it when we win, but you have to take the rough with the smooth, there are great things to come with this team, manager and club

As disappointed as I am with the result it happens from time to time. You only have to look at Spurs getting beat at WHL on Saturday by a Wigan team who shipped 12 goals in their first two games and lost there 9-1 last season to see this. Onwards and upwards.

To be honest, we won't get anywhere until we reach the stage when losing a football match becomes a big deal. Seems like it's water off a ducks back to many on here and that isn't the attitude of winners. We should have buried Sunderland yesterday and the fact that we didn't is cause for concern and genuine grounds for debate.

And anyway, if you're going to drop points do it this early in the season when there's plenty of time to make up the deficit.
It was unfortunate that we conceded a last-minute penalty and thus threw away a valuable point, but as I say, rather now than when there's only 3 or 4 games of the season to play and we're there or thereabouts - that would be catastrophic.

Yesterday was a minor irritant, that's all. We just have to ensure we wipe that smug grin off Elephant's distorted face at Eastlands.

Last season:

Lost at Spurs (0-3)
Drew at home to Liverpool (0-0)
Drew at Sunderland (1-1)

= 2 points, 1 goal, 3 conceded.

This season:

Drew at Spurs (0-0)
Beat Liverpool (3-0)
Lost at Sunderland (0-1)

= 4 points, 4 goals, 1 conceded.

That's a clear improvement. Yesterday's result was very disappointing but if we show that kind of points improvement over a season we will finish in the top four.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.