Sirloin steak

rushts said:
BlueHubert said:
If you don't have anything to hand to do sauces etc then just rub black pepper in, not too much mind, and allow them to marinade in red wine for a couple of hours before frying.

When you fry them you need to get the pan as HOT as possible. Don't bother putting oil in the pan rub oil into your steak before hand, virgin would be better than sunflower.

Give them time to fry on each side, a griddle pan is preferrable if you have one, without disturbing them

Good luck and bon appetite.

Oh remember to leave them to sit for about 5 minutes after cooking as if you don't they will be tougher than you'd expect.

fuckinell do you have a michellin star in your kitchen??

Nope just liek to eat a well cooked steak rather than butchering, forgive the pun, a nice cut of meat, as so often happens.

BlueHubert said:
If you don't have anything to hand to do sauces etc then just rub black pepper in, not too much mind, and allow them to marinade in red wine for a couple of hours before frying.

When you fry them you need to get the pan as HOT as possible. Don't bother putting oil in the pan rub oil into your steak before hand, virgin would be better than sunflower.

Give them time to fry on each side, a griddle pan is preferrable if you have one, without disturbing them

Oh remember to leave them to sit for about 5 minutes after cooking as if you don't they will be tougher than you'd expect.
Gone with this one, just got them marinating. Cheers.

117 M34 said:
There was a bif thread on here a few months ago, if you can find it, with lots of different ideas of how to cook it.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=177452&hilit=steak" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=177452&hilit=steak</a>

might be it?

I know I got pissed-off having to read this out-of-hours and came up with this as revenge, eheehe:-

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=118107&hilit=+steak" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=118107&hilit=+steak</a>

Halfpenny said:
BlueHubert said:

Good call, all I will add is that you cut the streaky vein that runs through before cooking, you'll find the steak wont shrink then.

Big G said:
Halfpenny said:

Good call, all I will add is that you cut the streaky vein that runs through before cooking, you'll find the steak wont shrink then.
Yeah. Just had it, turned out nice. Had it medium rare. Couldn't have a steak well done, sacrilege.

I dunno the best way to cook it... but I know it used to be just called loin steak until some King or summat had a piece in Blackburn, and he was so impressed he knighted it.. so that must have been cooked well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.