Tonsilitis

I had mine out 17 years ago, I was getting tonsilitis/throat infections every 6 weeks or so n really ill, i'd mither the docs constantly about having them out n they agreed eventually.
Procedure is nothing as youre out of it, home the next day n relieved the diseased little buggers have finally gone but as mentioned it can be painful for a few days after, a week later I was back to normal and ive not had even the slightest of sore throats never mind the illness accompanied by it since n that was 17 years ago.

My opinion is it was one o the best things I ever did n for the sake of a sore throat for a while well well worth it, the sore throat afterwards for me is better than the illness n you know you'll never suffer again.

GStar said:
One off pain or constant infection?

Exactly! It will be worth it.
Went to my GP today, she wrote to the hospital requesting a tonsillectomy for me. On antibiotics and strepsils for now.

If you have them taken out be sure to get checked to make sure you don't have strep throat when it's done. When I had mine out (I was about 9) I had strep at the time and the pain was unbearable. I remember my parents making me eat ice cream and it hurt like a fucker. They were basically yelling at me because they thought I was being a baby. When they took me to the doctor and he realized what I had he told them it never should have been done and that the pain was indeed excruciating.

Throat has cleared up now, still getting them out though.
Tonsillectomy is very much.. a real word :)

Miami Weiss said:
I have large tonsils and they are very prone to infection, Ever since I was young I would be getting regular infections 3+ times a year. I'm 17 now and nothing has changed. I would get antibiotics if it was very severe, normally I would get a anti bacterial spray/strepsils, and it would clear up.

I have a healthy diet and lifestyle. I brush my teeth and I use mouthwash which has alcohol in it. I don't eat rancid dog ****e (which my doctor seems to believe)

My tonsils have many holes/flaps of skin. They are a breeding ground for bacteria, and I shouldn't have to put up with this numerous times a year!

I am seriously considering getting my tonsils removed at this stage, has anyone else had this procedure? Could you give me a bit of a walk-through, or what to expect?

I used to be the same. Once I reached my 20's I rarely got it anymore. Probably get it once every 3 years or so now.

I asked my Doc about getting them out once and he said that it'd be unwise, mentioning that having them out when you're an adult is a far worse procedure than when you're a kid. I took his advice and kept them in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.