Big Nige Dropped From Dutch Squad {merged}

Re: Big Nige Dropped {merged}

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lYRNEfFDw0[/youtube]

He'll regret it, disgraceful.

Chin up Nige.

Joga Bonito said:
What a JOKE, no wonder they will never win a World Cup with that clown in-charge ahahaha!

Let me get this straight, the "manager" (muppet) decides to drop De Jong from his qualifying squad because he made a tackle that happened to injure Ben Arfa? PLEASE! This is the "rough and tough Premiership" afterall, the most "physical" league, and De Jong is getting punished even though according to the officials it was a legal tackle?

FFS! It's not like De Jong is showing any malice (unlike that dirty Argentinian Collochini on Tevez), that is part of his game and as others said I hope to God he doesn't change it because of this.

I could understand if he was getting sent off multiple times or something. Besides, the coaches son van Bommel is a FAR more dirtier player than De Jong.
Not being picky, but its his son-in-law.

Ridiculous decision by Dutch FA - absofookilutely fantastic for us - watch out Blackpool there´s a killer on the loose! - hope that coont Collymore is proud of his one man crucifixion

I can't believe the hypocrasy with this decision, in the WC he sends Van Bommell and NDJ to systematically kick lumps out of the opposition and quite rightly received a lot of negative reaction from it. Clouding the fact that tey actually reached the final.

He is now dropped from a tough run of games, yes !!... Sweden at home and Moldova away. Do you think he would have dropped him if playing Italy or Germany, don't think so.

Hope he tells him to do one, when he is next required.

Would LUV it (Keegan style) if Holland lost matches during their fixture set due to a massive hole in their midfield. ;)

Greyco said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
And Van Bommell, who is one dirty bastard.

Van Bommel isn't popular with supporters of Dutch Total Football, they'd rather see a player like Janssen take his place. But I can't think of Van Bommel taking out 2 players for months with broken bones.

Do you think it is reasonable to judge a challenge only on the injury that the other player receives? I really don't think it was a bad challenge, you see tackles like that in every premier League match it was just really unlucky that the guy's leg got bust. I reckon you see much worse tackles every week that don't happen to cause a bad injury (luck not judgement) but people would not react like this.

What the media havent mentioned, is how many newcastle players appealed for the free kick. Answer None. How many steamed into De Jong after the tacke, as often happens when a player assaults one of your teammates. Answer. None.

How many ex-professionals at the time commentating said it was dirty. Answer None.

Its only 1 to exagerate then the "rent a qoute" dicks being branded 1 by 1 to add to the previous one and a witch hunt starts.

Its pathetic Ade gets a witch hunt for celebrating 40 yards from the Arsenal fans when Van Persie gets nothing for a poor challenge and abusing fans, and De jong now has this for a hard but fair tackle when the 2 awfull tackles in the game came from newcastle players, luckily 1 missed Milner and tevez was ok after the other.

City, make a stand on this please. ban people like Mills, Collymore from the ground and issue statment backing De Jong after the pathetic, spinless Dutch coaches comments

Lancet Fluke said:
Greyco said:
Van Bommel isn't popular with supporters of Dutch Total Football, they'd rather see a player like Janssen take his place. But I can't think of Van Bommel taking out 2 players for months with broken bones.

Do you think it is reasonable to judge a challenge only on the injury that the other player receives? I really don't think it was a bad challenge, you see tackles like that in every premier League match it was just really unlucky that the guy's leg got bust. I reckon you see much worse tackles every week that don't happen to cause a bad injury (luck not judgement) but people would not react like this.
Exactly, what poor logic.

A player could bump into another player's head while going for a header and crack their skull, does that mean it was a reckless challenge?

For those that have seen Karl Henrys challenge against Wigan this weekend, why has this not been subject to the medias spotlight yet De Jongs tough but fair tackle is being lambasted?

Did the Dutch manager speak to NDJ?
I dont know, if he did what did he say to him?
Again I dont know, but is it not very possible that in order for his squad not to become a media feeding frenzy at the expense of Nige, that the dutch manager decided to withdraw him from the squad and away from the spotlight for a fortnight, allowing the ridiculous over reaction to die down somewhat?
Again I dont know, but i will be refraining from kneejerk reactions until I know more of the facts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.