Mancini on AJ

AJ was shackled by Richardson at Sunderland, was as poor as everybody else against Blackburn and played very badly against West Brom - you need to see his demotion to the bench in the last two games in that context.

Didsbury Dave said:
...or the goal he scored for England the week before.

Am I the only one who sees the ridiculous irony in this quote?

That's unbelieveable.

It depends how you read it - are the goals proof that Mancini knows how to get the best out of Johnson by holding him back and then letting him rip- or, as you think, that he's missing out on more?

We'll never know - all I can say is that I'll back Mancini as long as we're winning. When we get his new signings, that inevitably were significant in his plans for this season, fit and playing together maybe there will be a change in methods. Until then we'll have to speculate about what could be.

Didsbury Dave said:
Failsworth_Blue said:
. Mancini's basically saying you don't have to always take the hard option of beating man after man but sometimes cutting inside and having a shot works

You mean like he has done in the last two games he has played, you mean? One to win us a game and one to rescue us a point. Or like he did for England the week before when he was man of the match?

I'm astounded you lot can't see the irony in this. Astounded.

It's like Mancini saying "DE Jong is a good player but he needs to learn how to tackle"

So because he's done it in the last two games for City we should ignore the previous games where maybe he should have took the easier option instead of trying to do it the hard way? Just because a player scores a goal in a game doesn't mean you can't be critical of aspects to their play during that game or the season

People say time and time again Mancini will be judged on results and at the moment he's getting them but people will still be critical of certain aspects of his approach even if we win and rightly so because things can always be improved and i think thats what Mancini is getting at

Exactly, two games... How about when Tevez was wide open inside the six yard box and he chose to try and bend it round the keeper wit the outside of his foot.

What Mancini is saying is you can have the skills in the world, if you can't make the right decision, its all wasted.

After AJ scored at the weekend he triwed exactly the same thing again, from further out, at a different angle, when there were more options on... a top player would have looked up, seen the better option and we would have won 3-1.

That's what he's trying to bring into AJ's game.

The game he played before was Blackburn when he looked our only threat.

Our best chance in the game was when he, erm, well you guessed it, cut in from the right and shot just wide.

The game he played before that was for England when he, erm, sorry, but, I have to say it, he cut in from the wing and, erm, scored.

I'm still incredulous at Mancini's comment.

Didsbury Dave said:

Our best chance in the game was when he, erm, well you guessed it, cut in from the right and shot just wide.

The game he played before that was for England when he, erm, sorry, but, I have to say it, he cut in from the wing and, erm, scored.

In the Blackburn game AJ took the harder option numerous times when there was an easier option. He twice took a shot when he should have looked up and passed the ball to a player who was free. You can be incredulous all you want, you're entitled to your own opinion but i completely agree with what Mancini is saying

Didsbury Dave said:

hardly "erm" as black and white as that... 2 swallows dont make a summer

Didsbury Dave said:
daveduke67 said:
"Adam is young, but he has got what it takes. He just needs to understand it is not enough to dribble past an opponent six times to feel entitled to think he reached the top. You need to dribble but you also need a cutting shot like the goal against Juve [in the Europa League], or the 2-1 win against Newcastle. ."

...or the goal he scored for England the week before.

Am I the only one who sees the ridiculous irony in this quote?

That's unbelieveable.

In fairness, you can read the statement as 'see, he's getting there'.

A.J. has the potential to be one of the greats. unfortunately he has a arrogant look about him,
i back mancini to teach him now, that the club is and always will be bigger than any one player.

forza bob,

but please can we attack a tadge more pretty please, and sooner than latter,

ta

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.