So I met David Beckham yesterday...

Had a funny incident with him and posh while he was at the rags,I was in the wacky warehouse in Aldy Edge with my daughter who about 2 at the time similar age to Brooklyn, now my little one was a bit of a handful and attempted to drag him out of a postman pat toy ride!!, few tears etc funny at the time.

Another time there Roy Keanes kid Shannon I think her name was pushed my little one down the slide, like daughter like father hey!!

He sent my sister a nice letter and a load of goodies when she was ill, cheered her up a bit, so he's alright by me.

David Beckham - media marketing at it's finest. Good looking lad, better than average footballer, boring bastard is somehow seen as the nicest guy on the planet and the saviour of football.

He'll end up getting knighted and he'll probably have a statue next to Bobby Moore. Which just about says it all about the sad state of society!

Off topic slightly:

For me David Beckham will forever be remembered as the symbol of English football bullshit. The "Golden Generations" captain. Let Murdochs men keep on feeding you this shit about how fucking fabulous the England team has been (when it suits them) for the past decade, the great team who never got passed the last 8. Beckham, Owen, Gerrard, Rio, Terry, Lampard, Joe and Ashley Cole are obviously much better than Anderton, Shearer, Sheringham, Ince, Adams, Gazza, Pearce etc. - oh no wait, they got to a semi and the Golden Generation achieved absolutely fuck all. Sky need your subscriptions, the red tops need to sell copies, and they will do this continually by convincing you that you are watching the best thing around so it seems worth your pennies!

Goater's Shin said:
citygal1 said:
i agree bout scholesy, heard enuf about him to think hes also a good en.

Eurgh neville...dont get me started that guy is vile.

I have no problem with Scholes, per se, apart from where he's played all these years. However, it is a grudging respect, and as such I would NEVER refer to him as 'scholesy.' Made me feel a bit sick just typing it then.

does it really matter what i call him? its a nickname its not a pet name i made up.

Wow in a baseball game what are the odds. Better start going to a few baseball games next season then, but what are the odds of becks going to see a minor league game :p
Anyways seems like a nice guy and good for you boasting your city status to him, just shows how the world of football has changed.

citygal1 said:
Goater's Shin said:
I have no problem with Scholes, per se, apart from where he's played all these years. However, it is a grudging respect, and as such I would NEVER refer to him as 'scholesy.' Made me feel a bit sick just typing it then.

does it really matter what i call him? its a nickname its not a pet name i made up.

It doesn't matter in the slightest what you call him. If you like 'scholesy' you say 'scholesy'. Say 'giggsey' too, if you want. Or call Baconface 'SAF.' I was just saying I wouldn't ever call him that. It's too hard to say through gritted teeth.

One of my sons went to one of the "soccer schools" that ratface Neville used to run in Bury during the summer holidays with his mate who is a Man U fan. On the last day Beckham showed up unannounced, spent the day with the kids coaching and, at the end of the day, agreed to sign one item for every kid. Being a city fan my son didn't want a signature which made Beckham laugh so he signed both his mate's boots.

Neville was actually a good laugh too but it didn't stop me putting the boot into his planning application last year.

As for Victoria. Thought she was gorgeous when she had more meat on her. Something about thin women, not keen.

Didsbury Dave said:
mcmanus said:
The States

...and he's American so I'll forgive him.

Well I'm glad that you can find it in your heart to forgive my fatal flaw of starting a story with "so", what a kind and decent person you are.

But yeah, wasn't defending the guy over cheating on his wife or anything. Just thought it was funny to see him at a baseball game, pretty much the last thing I would have expected.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.