Rooney (MERGED)

Having a great day today. On a real high.

Don't really care if Shrek comes here or not.

Just seeing everyone else realise the truth dawning on them that the reign of the evil empire is nearing its end.
Like the end of Star Wars when the Death Star explodes. Hahaha

Re: re: rooney (merged)

bluemoon32 said:
Damocles said:
I don't particularly like the man, but saying this about a player of his talent is small time, tribalist bullshit, in my opinion

Nothing to do with him being a Utd player, i just personally think he's hugely overated, as are many English players

Go and support Bellamy at Cardiff and you'll be a lot happier.

Re: RAG FANS CHANGING THEIR TUNE TODAY

Just had fun reading redcaffe, Its really quite fun all their excuses.

Rooney wants money
Its the glazers fault
or the other people who say things like "We'll just sign someone better" haha

I do however like their attitude towards tevez, they defend tevez's reasons for leaving (not being first choice). :)

Damocles said:
lee-mcfc said:

I don't particularly like the man, but saying this about a player of his talent is small time, tribalist bullshit, in my opinion

Whether he plays for Accrington Stanley or Real Madrid I don't want him.

Why don't we look at signing Lee Hughes and Marlon King as well or perhaps get Barton back?

66145576.jpg

Baconface, playing the victim how outrageous!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAhhhh

Matt1089 said:
Am I the only City fan who thinks that signing Wayne Rooney would be an absolute disgrace?

I can honestly say that I HATE the man. Forget all the postitutes that he's allegedly been unfaithful with, what he said at the end of the England Vs Nigeria match in the World Cup was an utter disgrace.

To deliberately seek out a television camera and criticise the England fans in the way that he did was truly abhorrent. Those fans were by far the best set of supporters in South Africa. They were the only fans at the tournament to be heard singing over the vuvuzelas and they roared the three lions on throughout an, at best, lackluster performance against the USA.

Then, they cheered England on for a full 90 minutes of an x-rated display against Algeria. It wasn't until injury time that some of those loyal fans decided to boo the horrific performance that had been playing out in front of them.

Many of those fans had spent several thousands of pounds travelling to the World Cup. Some had even given up their jobs to support their country, which in the current financial climate, shows an unrivalled sense of passion and loyalty.

Nearly every one of those fans will never earn as much in a lifetime as Wayne Rooney does in six months. He's an absolute abomination for that one act alone - never mind all his other misdemeanours on and off the pitch.

And, for me, there wasn't a club in the world he was more suited to than Manchester United - a club that has dominated English and world football for the last 20 years using their financial muscle (and a more than a little bit of over-generous timekeeping) to bully the rest of the footballing world.

But now, with United crippled crippled by the Glazers' debts, Rooney has shown his disloyalty by jumping ship to the highest bidder. A bidder which looks increasingly like my club - Manchester City.

But the trouble is the Manchester City that I grew up supporting looks almost unrecognisable to the club I now see before me. I'd accepted the fact that we'd end up buying the Premier League title - like Blackburn, Manchester United and Chelsea before us - but will we really do it at any cost?

Tevez was different. He was a hard-working player who was undervalued by United and I'm the first to join in with a chorus of "Fergie sign him up". Terry Cooke, Andrei Kanchelskis, Peter Schmeical and Andy Cole - I welcomed them all with open arms.

But Rooney is a totally different kettle of fish. To me, if Rooney signs for City in January, it will symbolise a passing of the torch from one Manchester club to the other of a team that is willing to compromise its morals and integrity for the sake of success.

I have had a season ticket at City for the last 10 years. I could keep on going to games if we sign Rooney. But I know that if we won the Champions League with a winning goal scored by Wayne Rooney, I would not have the same joy in my heart that I felt when Paul Dickov scored to take us through to extra time in the playoff final at Wembley in 1999.

I don't expect many, if any, of you to understand. But I feel that the club we once knew and loved is dying. And I fear it may be terminal.

Dons tin hat.........
No tin hat about it, i 100% agree.
He's a decent player but he's absolute scum.
We might aswell garry neville whilst were at it eh?

Matt1089 said:
Am I the only City fan who thinks that signing Wayne Rooney would be an absolute disgrace?

I can honestly say that I HATE the man. Forget all the postitutes that he's allegedly been unfaithful with, what he said at the end of the England Vs Nigeria match in the World Cup was an utter disgrace.

To deliberately seek out a television camera and criticise the England fans in the way that he did was truly abhorrent. Those fans were by far the best set of supporters in South Africa. They were the only fans at the tournament to be heard singing over the vuvuzelas and they roared the three lions on throughout an, at best, lackluster performance against the USA.

Then, they cheered England on for a full 90 minutes of an x-rated display against Algeria. It wasn't until injury time that some of those loyal fans decided to boo the horrific performance that had been playing out in front of them.

Many of those fans had spent several thousands of pounds travelling to the World Cup. Some had even given up their jobs to support their country, which in the current financial climate, shows an unrivalled sense of passion and loyalty.

Nearly every one of those fans will never earn as much in a lifetime as Wayne Rooney does in six months. He's an absolute abomination for that one act alone - never mind all his other misdemeanours on and off the pitch.

And, for me, there wasn't a club in the world he was more suited to than Manchester United - a club that has dominated English and world football for the last 20 years using their financial muscle (and a more than a little bit of over-generous timekeeping) to bully the rest of the footballing world.

But now, with United crippled crippled by the Glazers' debts, Rooney has shown his disloyalty by jumping ship to the highest bidder. A bidder which looks increasingly like my club - Manchester City.

But the trouble is the Manchester City that I grew up supporting looks almost unrecognisable to the club I now see before me. I'd accepted the fact that we'd end up buying the Premier League title - like Blackburn, Manchester United and Chelsea before us - but will we really do it at any cost?

Tevez was different. He was a hard-working player who was undervalued by United and I'm the first to join in with a chorus of "Fergie sign him up". Terry Cooke, Andrei Kanchelskis, Peter Schmeical and Andy Cole - I welcomed them all with open arms.

But Rooney is a totally different kettle of fish. To me, if Rooney signs for City in January, it will symbolise a passing of the torch from one Manchester club to the other of a team that is willing to compromise its morals and integrity for the sake of success.

I have had a season ticket at City for the last 10 years. I could keep on going to games if we sign Rooney. But I know that if we won the Champions League with a winning goal scored by Wayne Rooney, I would not have the same joy in my heart that I felt when Paul Dickov scored to take us through to extra time in the playoff final at Wembley in 1999.

I don't expect many, if any, of you to understand. But I feel that the club we once knew and loved is dying. And I fear it may be terminal.

Dons tin hat.........

No i have to agree m8 it would be so much better if we were still going to ,York and Macclesfield for our days out,than dreaming of maybe actually winning the prem then onto the champs league,,,,,,,dear oh dear!!!!!l

Damocles said:
Mark - TheBlue said:
@FootySamachar deal is place between player and City, but MU have to play ball. that's why they went public. See: Ronaldo

<a class="postlink" href="http://twitter.com/honigstein" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://twitter.com/honigstein</a>

Anyone shed any light on who that twat is?

Guardian's German football correspondent.

Reckon he is right too. The only thing that makes sense is that a deal has been agreed. Astonishing turn of events in what 48 hours? Rooney at City by January. F**king unreal.

ManCityX said:
bluemoon32 said:
Nothing to do with him being a Utd player, i just personally think he's hugely overated, as are many English players

Go and support Bellamy at Cardiff and you'll be a lot happier.

Oh dear, no need to come over all nationalistic, it's a fact that many English players are constantly classed as world class by our media but yet fail badly at every international tournament, funny that.
Rooney is obviously talented, is he really one of the best in the world, imo he isn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.