THAT boro game

What a great day that was in a weird way. It showed how good our support really is!

I honestly can say I cannot remember any of their goals after the 3rd one but remember dancing with my banana to all of them!

The trouble to me started as a copper thought a fan was swinging for him but he was really celebrating another Boro goal (7th or 8th one I think) and laid into him with his baton, the rest of them look round and all they see is one copper windmilling and a load of City fans charging forward to save him from getting a pasting! Why the police felt the need to run out after every goal anyway I have no clue!

The worst bit of that day for me was that I started my new job the next day...In Boro!

Height of summer to winter in 2 miles.

From what I remember as Elano scored an old guy was leaving the City end at the front of the stand but with loads of blues down there he ended up being pushed over the top onto the side of the pitch where he was hit with a baton. City fans down at the front weren't too happy......

Only us blues could look back on a 8-1 defeat with a smile.

WE WANT TEN, WE WANT TEN! Brilliant atmosphere.

Cant remember why it kicked off I was near the back.

Was anyone outside where the away parking is the police had the dogs out, a young lad got a nasty bite on his arse!

best away day?? hmm.. not my recollection.

only decent part was nandos pre game..

like many have said, manchester was glorious that day so most were in shorts and t's.. only to find thick smog once entering the lovely area surrounding...

it was bloody freezing!

not a nice atmosphere in the ground that day.. people were very annoyed regarding the sven saga, then when the game descended into a farce, i saw quite a few turn nasty..

Poves said:
What a great day that was in a weird way. It showed how good our support really is!

I honestly can say I cannot remember any of their goals after the 3rd one but remember dancing with my banana to all of them!

The trouble to me started as a copper thought a fan was swinging for him but he was really celebrating another Boro goal (7th or 8th one I think) and laid into him with his baton, the rest of them look round and all they see is one copper windmilling and a load of City fans charging forward to save him from getting a pasting! Why the police felt the need to run out after every goal anyway I have no clue!

The worst bit of that day for me was that I started my new job the next day...In Boro!

was that not my banana??!!

Mad away day.

We got to Thirsk early doors and the weather was glorious. We was sat in a massive beer garden at one of the boozers. I remember the failsworth branch putting on a couple of coaches if my memory serves me right for some kind of reunion. It was weird getting to the ground as it was freezing. Boro fans were looking at blues in shorts and no tops thinking we are barmy. It was funny us celebrating boro goals more than them even if it was embarrasing watching that performance. We stopped back off in Bedale and just got smashed. Good day out though

nightmare game, players threw the game, shit weather.

all in all then a fantastic day.

we were on a minibus and the team coach overtook us on the way home, sven was at the front and as they caught up and passed us we were hanging out of the windows singing "we love you city we do" sven just shook his head as if to say what do we have to do to lose these fans belief.
the players faces said it all.

we were here forever, end of.

As an american who has been a fan of the club long before the takeover, people ask me,"why city"? These stories are a large part of the reason. Football will always have it's ups and downs. Someday far in the future we might become bad again and get relgated, football is cyclical like that. But it's making the best of it and loving your fellow city fans as much as you do the team itself that makes this club great.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.