yaya toure...

I don't know what has happened with him. At Barca he was a defensive player and wasn't scared of a tackle but here its as if Mancini has told him that's not his job so he feels like he can just float around the midfield. I think his job is meant to be to pick the ball up deep and then set up attacks but I agree if he is going to do this then he should do it further forwards as otherwise there is never any penetration. Has got the talent just needs to show it.

Yaya hasn't trained much if i remember rightly. Obviously playing with a knock at the moment. Thought he was immense at start of the season. He is a great player getting used to a new team, city and country. Give him time. Most on here were complaining about Carlito this time last year.

Not had the immediate effect we all hoped for but different players take different amounts of time to settle in & show their best, i'm sure he'll come good for us.

Not quite sure of what his role is at City and I'm guessing he's not sure either. He looks slow and off the pace, also to me he looks very heavy. He doesn't do himself any favours with his lack of mobility or at times effort.
If he wasn't a household name and if he didn't come from a high profile club like Barca, then in all honesty on "displays" so far he wouldn't get near the team.

GoatersRightShin said:
I don't know what has happened with him. At Barca he was a defensive player and wasn't scared of a tackle but here its as if Mancini has told him that's not his job so he feels like he can just float around the midfield. I think his job is meant to be to pick the ball up deep and then set up attacks but I agree if he is going to do this then he should do it further forwards as otherwise there is never any penetration. Has got the talent just needs to show it.

At barca he was just sitting, but the spanish league and the PL is different. Barca had 80% ball possession every game and teams rarely attack them, so he just sat there and had alot of time, stopped some attacks now and then, but he wasnt much if a tackler. No one in that league is.

Here at Man City the game is much quicker, teams have a go at you and he's suddenly the big dog that things are expected of, at barca everything attacking he did was a bonus. He's slow and with Barry being slow as well, it really comes out. He makes surging runs, but he's not creative, so he would struggle to play further up as well.

gooney said:
[At barca he was just sitting, but the spanish league and the PL is different. Barca had 80% ball possession every game and teams rarely attack them, so he just sat there and had alot of time, stopped some attacks now and then, but he wasnt much if a tackler. No one in that league is.

Here at Man City the game is much quicker, teams have a go at you and he's suddenly the big dog that things are expected of, at barca everything attacking he did was a bonus. He's slow and with Barry being slow as well, it really comes out. He makes surging runs, but he's not creative, so he would struggle to play further up as well.

Firstly,what the fuck are you doing on another teams board at 7am on a Sunday morning

Anyway.... For the record i agree with you,him and Barry in the same engine room is not working,it's far too laboured and predictable,we need more drive and more spirit in there,i believe DJ and Milner would be the superior pairing,those two,along with two fast creative widemen would provide the impetus we are lacking.

Kinda begs the question why we signed him really, no pace, no creativity and can't tackle. These are not extras, these are the basics for a midfield player. Are we a better team when he is in the team, I don't think at this stage of the season we can carry so many passengers, he is one of the passengers amongst a good few.

FantasyIreland said:
gooney said:
[At barca he was just sitting, but the spanish league and the PL is different. Barca had 80% ball possession every game and teams rarely attack them, so he just sat there and had alot of time, stopped some attacks now and then, but he wasnt much if a tackler. No one in that league is.

Firstly,what the fuck are you doing on another teams board at 7am on a Sunday morning

Anyway.... For the record i agree with you,him and Barry in the same engine room is not working,it's far too laboured and predictable,we need more drive and more spirit in there,i believe DJ and Milner would be the superior pairing,those two,along with two fast creative widemen would provide the impetus we are lacking.
lol Im at work to 8 am, so Im just sitting infront of my computer and reading different football sites

FantasyIreland said:
gooney said:

what the fuck are any of us doing on a football forum at 7.20 in the morning

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.