I know its a draw but....

KingCarlos77 said:
leewill31 said:
do you know what its rare as rocking horse shit for me to curse other posters views but this is is all a totally full of bollocks imho!

we could of and should of beat them tonight no if ands or buts and all this shit about missing the title by one point so what they are definitly not the team or force they used to be and this crap mentality by some city fans has to stop.

its not so much the football and the team that annoys me its the bloody mentality!

Are the scum the force that they used to be, no, but to pretend that they're shit and that we should be hammering them comfortably is fucking laughable. I don't know if you've noticed but the table seems to show them up near the top, AGAIN, UNBEATEN, and looking once again like the only real title contenders with Chelsea.

Our manager is 12 months in. Silva is just starting to find his feet in a new league, Yaya aswel. Milner, another new player has been crap so far. Balotelli, Kolarov and Boateng ( 3 more new additions )have hardley played a fucking game and yet you seem to think we should be showing the consistancy of world beaters.

What is this 'Mentality' you speak of ? Is it a bit like the fucking magic in your head that makes you an instant winner ?

It's going to take time, so you and the other moaners are going to have to get used to it !!

Wow, what is it with City fans ? Why do some of us insist on giving the
scum more respect than they deserve ? They are undefeated because they
have beat the shite teams they have played and drawn with the decent ones.
END OF. Why do you and people like you insist on over rating them ?

It's all well and good sitting here saying we should have been more attacking, played Johnson, played Ade but if we did we'd have lost some of our defensive abilities which means there would have been an increased chance THEY would score. and i'm sure we'd all prefer a clean sheet to seeing them cnuts celebrating.

Take away the fact it was Ushited:
- a top four team
- unbeaten in 24
- only unbeaten team in the league
- every single one of their players has a winner's medal of some sort - most have Premier League medals (so to say they're a weak team is bullshit)

We should be happy with taking points against these teams and then our impetus should be on beating the weaker teams starting with Brum on Saturday.

Boring game.

2 things scare me. 1 is that City or United played like they didnt want to lose the game and would be happy with a point, the other is that Mancini must live on a different planet than the rest of us.

Yes we had a good defensive display, helps having 11 defending the ball and United not looking like they want to win the game either.

And why, when 75 minutes into the game, when everyone can see the perfect opportunity to swap a tiring, Yaya Toure for Adebayor (to push for a win), Mister Bobby opts till the last minute of the game and swaps him for Tevez. Either Mister Bobby doesnt live on the same planet we live on, or he just hasnt a clue.

Ok the performance was disappointing but like some others have said in this thread, Rome wasn't built in a day. Patience is not a bad thing sometimes. Looking at the positives when compared to our other recent derbies, is that we got the draw despite not playing the best and previously we have played great and lost. The manager is experienced at winning big prizes and that is our goal. I think he should be given more time to show he can do it.

KingCarlos77 said:
I think some people need to get a fucking grip of their expectations. We're aiming for a top 4 finish this season and talk of challenging for the title this year is complete fantasy IMO at this early stage of our development.

Perhaps not winning it because Chelsea are indeed a formiddable side.

But are you really suggesting we should be happy to finish behind United? I think that is an unreasonably pessimistic target. All this talk of the team gelling and instilling a winning mentality and all that bollocks is just bollocks.

We have proven winners all over the pitch. Top pro's who can slot into any top side in an instant.

I am a Mancini "inner" by the way, but we are STILL underperforming given the money spent and time we have had to get our shit together.

Either team could have gone on to win it if they took a gamble and were more positive. There was a lot of respect given by both teams. I'm also sure that if most could go back in time they would have preferred to sign Berbatov to Robinho.

WNRH said:
Joycee Banercheck said:
Stupid! You can't compare a football team with a football team.. That's just ridiculous.

Of course you can.
I know you can. It was a tongue-in-cheek comment.

I've had a kip since last night (only a couple of hours, but enough to reflect).

We didn't get beat, but we played not to. That's understandable given the pressure on both sides in this game. However, we had more than enough players to get the job done, amd that's what hurts most. I'll take the point and I'll take not getting beat off that lot, but I'd love us to actually use our players to their capacity once in a while, not RMs. Last night probably wasn't the best time to do that, but please can we do it against someone soon?

ThreeTeamSupporter said:
I can do all the comparing you want and I still come out with a damned decent side. Van Der Sar, Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand, Fletcher, Scholes, Nani - I know they're Rags but I'm not going to let that get in the way of objectivity, that's an extremely strong core, a title-challenging core.

"I don't care where they have finished in the table in previous seasons or for how long" - Well you should, to be quite honest. This 'building a team' malarky isn't pure bluster, you know. It makes a massive difference if players are together for a long time, especially under the same manager. Have you ever wondered why it's only Man Utd and Arsenal reserves that seem to be able to play in the same style as the first team in England? Have you ever wondered why Xavi and Iniesta seem to have an almost telepathic way of communicating on the pitch?

You can wax lyrical all you want about the rags, but the point is that we have beaten them in recent years with players that were nowhere near the class we had last night. Where they had finished in the table the season before had nothing to do with it.

Can't you see that? It is the essence of being a City fan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.