Tottenham are better than us.

Rez you patronising gobsh*** ask us where being everyones 2nd fav club got us! Ask us if it made each defeat at maine road any sweeter.

You have some bloody gall coming on here and I can say without doubt a city fan on obe of your forums would get murdered for doing likewise.

You make it very difficult to remain civil.

rez9000 said:
I am frankly astounded by the amount of vitriol on this site!

Surely a club superior to Spurs woulnd't descend to this much paranoia and arrogance.

I've been on a Liverpool site, both before and after today's match and do you know what the overriding sentiment is there? Respect, mutual respect.

It is insane for Man City to hate us this much. We beat you in a cup final nearly 30 years ago and you still harbour a grudge?

We've been beaten by Blackburn, by Man Utd, by Coventry and a number of other clubs in cup finals. There is nothing resembling the quite frankly vicious levels of poison that some City fans spout from Spurs fans towards those who have beaten us. What is it about you people?

We beat you to fourth? Yes, but that's football. We missed out on fourth ourselves a few seasons ago. On the last day of the season. We were beaten by West Ham. Do we hold West Ham responsible? No. We don't like West Ham, true, but not because of that.

Do you know how classless you appear with some of the comments on this thread and the way some City fans behave? Is that what you want? For the dislike that's already built up over the last three seasons to get even worse? I used to like Man City a lot. I used to repsect them for being a historic, long-established side with a true football tradition. And that feeling was shared by may other fans. Now, you've become one of the most unpopular clubs in the footballing world.

Ask. Ask fans of other clubs (Man U doesn't count) and ask them if they like or hate Man City, and you'll see the dislike you've generated.

Is it jealousy? Yes, to a large extent. But when confronted with jealousy, what do many City fans do? Rub it in. Give it the 'big 'un'. Do you believe that that will somehow endear you to the rest of the footballing world?

The almost automatic reaction is 'well, we don't care what the rest of the footballing world thinks about us'. Methinks the lady doth protest too much. If you really didn't care, then you wouldn't have such nasty posts about Spurs or any other club bar Man U.

Let's be clear, we aren't your rival, except in our competition for fourth. We beat you to it last year, fair and square. If you beat us to it this season, then well done. But to suggest that we're cheating is frankly beyond paranoid. Are Chelsea, three points ahead of you cheating? Are Arsenal? Are your real rival, Man U? Do you know how idiotic that sounds?

And this sense of entitlement some of you carry is absolutely insane. You believe that you should be handed the title and the achievements on a plate. Like that City fan who tatooed 'Champions League Winners 2010/2011' on hs arm. If a Chelsea fan or an Arsenal fan or even a Man U fan had done that, how derided would they be?

Having money doesn't automatically mean you'll win. Blackburn won their title not just because they outspent the opposition, but because they had a great manager in Dalglish and worked for each other and believed that they had to work to achieve. The same goes for Chelsea under Mourinho and Ancelotti. And Arsenal. As a Spurs fan do you think I like seeing them win things? But I can acknowledge that they did so by having good players a highly skilled manager, and by working hard.

That's what real winners do - they work. They don't think they can just turn up and be given a result. The attitude of many City fans is that if they lose, or don't do well, then someone has cheated them out of it, and that they shoud have had the result.

You're money alone won't buy you the title. You need the right attitude, on and off the pitch.

I think this is the same disease that spread at Chelsea when Abramovich first arrived. The established fans remained the same, but they were then inundated with a bunch of plastic fans with no respect for football's traditions or respect for the idea of healthy competition.

There are a load of Chelsea fans with no class, no sense of tradition, no respect for the concept of football. Banter has turned into poison. Competition has turned into a verbal violence that undermines the spirit of sport.

Is that what you want for Man City? Is that the way you want to be viewed by other fans? Hateful, poisonous, harbouring a grudge for slights that only exist in your mind?

For those of you who still remember what football is about and understand that Spurs are not in anyway your rival, I salute you and wish you the best of luck. For those of you with a sense of entitlement and an idea that winning is more important than the game, then I hope Man City never win anything - because you (not the club, you the plastic fans) don't deserve it.

a handful of arrogant tossers on a teams forum doesnt speak for the quite majority. and dont confuse the tevez poster as arrogance its was a piss take and a great one that. it had the desired effect and pissed the rags and baconface off.

i watched todays game and loved it. end to end it was a shame one side had to lose.

it was a great advert for the prem. imho

tufty said:
Thank goodness they have cup committments or they would leave us for dead for fourth place!
When you say South Manchester, do you mean North London? Yes they have a better team spirit, because they have been together longer, but a better team? I don't think so. It was only City pressing the self destruct button last season that allowed them 4th place.

manimanc said:
fuck me,spurs fan comes out of woodwork after beating pisspoor liverpool..
where was you when bolton turned you over?
wind it in eh....
coming on a city forum and giving it the big i am,you got it all wrong fella..
fuck off back to your street party...WE HATE TOTTENHAM....

Bang on the Money!!!

Havnt been on for a while but very happy to make my return post this one.

rez9000 said:
I am frankly astounded by the amount of vitriol on this site!

Surely a club superior to Spurs woulnd't descend to this much paranoia and arrogance.

I've been on a Liverpool site, both before and after today's match and do you know what the overriding sentiment is there? Respect, mutual respect.

It is insane for Man City to hate us this much. We beat you in a cup final nearly 30 years ago and you still harbour a grudge?

We've been beaten by Blackburn, by Man Utd, by Coventry and a number of other clubs in cup finals. There is nothing resembling the quite frankly vicious levels of poison that some City fans spout from Spurs fans towards those who have beaten us. What is it about you people?

We beat you to fourth? Yes, but that's football. We missed out on fourth ourselves a few seasons ago. On the last day of the season. We were beaten by West Ham. Do we hold West Ham responsible? No. We don't like West Ham, true, but not because of that.

Do you know how classless you appear with some of the comments on this thread and the way some City fans behave? Is that what you want? For the dislike that's already built up over the last three seasons to get even worse? I used to like Man City a lot. I used to repsect them for being a historic, long-established side with a true football tradition. And that feeling was shared by may other fans. Now, you've become one of the most unpopular clubs in the footballing world.

Ask. Ask fans of other clubs (Man U doesn't count) and ask them if they like or hate Man City, and you'll see the dislike you've generated.

Is it jealousy? Yes, to a large extent. But when confronted with jealousy, what do many City fans do? Rub it in. Give it the 'big 'un'. Do you believe that that will somehow endear you to the rest of the footballing world?

The almost automatic reaction is 'well, we don't care what the rest of the footballing world thinks about us'. Methinks the lady doth protest too much. If you really didn't care, then you wouldn't have such nasty posts about Spurs or any other club bar Man U.

Let's be clear, we aren't your rival, except in our competition for fourth. We beat you to it last year, fair and square. If you beat us to it this season, then well done. But to suggest that we're cheating is frankly beyond paranoid. Are Chelsea, three points ahead of you cheating? Are Arsenal? Are your real rival, Man U? Do you know how idiotic that sounds?

And this sense of entitlement some of you carry is absolutely insane. You believe that you should be handed the title and the achievements on a plate. Like that City fan who tatooed 'Champions League Winners 2010/2011' on hs arm. If a Chelsea fan or an Arsenal fan or even a Man U fan had done that, how derided would they be?

Having money doesn't automatically mean you'll win. Blackburn won their title not just because they outspent the opposition, but because they had a great manager in Dalglish and worked for each other and believed that they had to work to achieve. The same goes for Chelsea under Mourinho and Ancelotti. And Arsenal. As a Spurs fan do you think I like seeing them win things? But I can acknowledge that they did so by having good players a highly skilled manager, and by working hard.

That's what real winners do - they work. They don't think they can just turn up and be given a result. The attitude of many City fans is that if they lose, or don't do well, then someone has cheated them out of it, and that they shoud have had the result.

You're money alone won't buy you the title. You need the right attitude, on and off the pitch.

I think this is the same disease that spread at Chelsea when Abramovich first arrived. The established fans remained the same, but they were then inundated with a bunch of plastic fans with no respect for football's traditions or respect for the idea of healthy competition.

There are a load of Chelsea fans with no class, no sense of tradition, no respect for the concept of football. Banter has turned into poison. Competition has turned into a verbal violence that undermines the spirit of sport.

Is that what you want for Man City? Is that the way you want to be viewed by other fans? Hateful, poisonous, harbouring a grudge for slights that only exist in your mind?

For those of you who still remember what football is about and understand that Spurs are not in anyway your rival, I salute you and wish you the best of luck. For those of you with a sense of entitlement and an idea that winning is more important than the game, then I hope Man City never win anything - because you (not the club, you the plastic fans) don't deserve it.
That´s a decent well thought out post sir. But having suffered some of my worst nightmares at your hands (3 QFs as well as 81 & 4TH)you might forgive my vitriol. I am certainly no plastic having been ST holder many years I still fly in from abroad to support the club engrained in my DNA. This is simply a case of a great club with a large and loyal following desperate to get a 35 year monkey off it´s back. Now we seem to be closer than ever the twitchier we are getting. I, and many blues I know of my generation would die happy men if we could win SOMETHING once more and frankly if we won the PL , I couldn´t give a flying toss whether we won anything again in my lifetime and I could actaully enjoy watching us play rather than having heart failure every week. At least we knew where we stood without the money - we were shit - perennially , but now there´s expectation. At times I´m not sure which I prefer - to be liked and gash and the butt of everyone´s jokes or now. I´ll take now for the time being if only to wind up those tossers just outside of our good city. I´ve been brow beaten into near submission these last 2 decades so why the fook should I give up now!

buzzer1 said:
halpo123 said:
negative again!! thats a suprise

Not negative mate, just the truth what he is saying, it hurts and it's direct, and so it should fkin be, to many bullshit false dawns at our club, the truth is the truth.

i can see just a truth. lot of wankers here , this is the truth.

Mancio said:
buzzer1 said:
Not negative mate, just the truth what he is saying, it hurts and it's direct, and so it should fkin be, to many bullshit false dawns at our club, the truth is the truth.

i can see just a truth. lot of wankers here , this is the truth.

Oy Mancio, drop the aggression. So we are wankers for saying we scraped by against Blackpool and Newcastle? its the truth pal, that is all.

sam the drummer said:
rez9000 said:
Yawn, quit being so fucking self righteous, we have fans of other clubs coming on here lecturing us every week about how we are doing things wrong.
Something which I didn't do. I didn't criticise your club for their behaviour.

People hate us because of the money, the same reason most people hate Chelsea.
Which I readily acknowledged, if you had read my post.

You think Spurs are liked? Think again, you're one of the most hated clubs in the league,
I'm sorry, pal, but you're wrong. A study conducted by Sport+Markt, a leading sport research and consultancy company (you can look them up on the net) has showed that Spurs are one of the Top 5 most popular clubs in Europe!

And an internet forum is not the best way to judge our actual views, there's probably about 3000 members on here and loads of them are rags and wums.
Which again, I qualified it by saying 'some' of your fans. I have deliberately refrained from tarring every Man City fan with the same brush

Oh and the whole tattoo shit is just part of the media's attempt at making us look bad, they are mostly photoshops. One last month about Rooney we even found the picture they had photoshopped, the thick wankers.
Sadly not. The fan was named. Kirk Bradley is his name, and he was quoted in all the media reports. Again, you can look him up on the net and he gets thousands of hits.

But the point remains: wouldn't you condemn a fan, regardless of allegiance, who acted that arrogantly?

For some reason, some Man City fans have targetted our club as the focus of all their woes. When you don't win and we do, they go ballistic. We've won four games (three League, one Champions League)on the trot. In the same way that the League table doesn't lie, neither do those results. We have a right to celebrate our success without being branded arrogant, or as somehow detracting from Man City's achievements.

Stoke fan here in peace....

City and Spurs both have great squads full of awesome talent and the quest for 4th spot will be an interesting one I am sure.

Where I honestly feel that Spurs have the edge though is in their desire to get the ball forward and create chances.

This is what the public want to see, not tippy tappying it about in your own half.

I think if Arry managed City instead of Mancini then you would piss 4th place but to me he just too cautious and this will surely cost you in the long run.

Roberto needs to be reminded that he's in the Premier League now not Serie A.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.