Cook, Marwood - Tevez : who's fault ?

gio's side step said:
SWP's back said:
The old "I go to games and so do my mates and we know best" routine.

It's weird, I missed it while you were away.

(to think I actually backed you up in your absense, but the majority were right about you I think.)

Who is doing a Bellamy? What do you define a "Bellamy" as being?

No one is saying he is shit. They are saying that he IS A shit.

But you two power wank each other away, it is nice you have company.

The point here Shaun, is not whether he is shit, or whether he is a shit, the majority who seek blame can look after those arguments. The point being made, is if you look at it with honesty and truth, it is a disaster for us at present, where we are, and where we aspire to continually be this season. It is terrible news. Whoever is to blame or whatever the reason. I understand people rallying behind the club, trying to protect it from outside criticism, trying to support the manager, but as fans, we owe it to ourselves to be honest with each other.

I agree that I could have received better texts in the Venus on Sunday morning at 2am than the one I received saying he had handed in a transfer request. But no amount of crying on here will change that fact.

When you say that we should be honest with each other, I am unsure what you are getting at. Who or what are you saying is to blame? Tevez has ruled out Mancini so it leaves us with money for new contract, money for Kia and Tevez for a move to Real or.... well that's it really.

I tend to look at Tevez's history and allied to that, the fact that Kia is persona non gracia with the club now, as he was the leak earlier in the season. Tevez is a great player on the pitch but can be a little cunty off it.

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
I think it's pretty undeniable that this is not good for the club right now. It's hard to gauge what if any long term repercussions there may be for our season as it's hard to know if there's any truth to the suggestions that this isn't about money. If it is about money, I expect Carlos will sign a new contract in the coming weeks, and all will be well again.

There's a lot of anger and resentment towards the player and although it's seemingly justified, I do think we should keep a healthy distance from the whole ugly affair. Dealing with difficult players and agents is part and parcel of wanting to be a top club, and we as supporters need to be a little more philosophical about the whole thing.

Blaming Cook or "certain executives" does stink of sour grapes from Kia, and it shouldn't be forgotten that he also represents our former manager. Equally, I do think those executives need to have a long hard look at themselves. As a club we should never ever be in a position where a contract dispute, or a personal situation with a player, is so grossly misjudged that it implodes mid season in this manner.

I don't really want to stop the show
But I thought that you might like to know
That the singer's going to sing a song
And he wants you all to sing along
So let me introduce to you
The one and only Billy Shears

Welcome back, mate. Not much to discuss at the moment as usual ;-)

:- )

Cheers DD. All quiet on the home front as usual.

I said to someone this morning - I feel completely detached from this situation. It's hard to fear losing a player when we literally can go out and buy pretty much anyone we want. On a personal level Carlos has been my talisman for the new era at City. He has epitomized on the field, what City is all about. He's shown class, he's shown aggression, he's literally dragged the team forward on so many occasions. I don't know. I just find it really hard to turn on him.

It would be really easy for me to turn on Cook and Marwood over this, but I can't bring myself to do that either. I'm not a massive fan of either man, but I do know that they do what they think is best for the club. Hughes had to go, and maybe as I said, Kia's wreaking havoc because of his close association with the man.

Skashion said:
SWP's back said:
But what would a match going blue think?
Alas, I know fuck all because I don't go to every away - where we have poor form.

I can tell you don't go away much as you would know our away form is the best in the Prem. ;-)

Easy.....it's Tevez's fault....simples!!
What more can he want? He's apparantly the best paid player at the club, was made Captain ( wrong decison IMO ), team play revolves around him, players probably have everything done for them, thousands of adoring fans, plays at the richest club in world football and will go on to win many major trophies.
Our club will be here long after all these players have departed as they are only temporary custodians of the shirts....personally I only want players who are grateful for the oppotunity to play for our great club as I'm sure the majority on here would give anything to play once for. Yea I get all this goals to games ratio stuff and yea he's a great player etc but as a City fan I just support the team no matter who pulls on the shirt and those who disrespect that can just go and get f**cked!!

lets end these malicious act by Tevez,which isn't good for us at alll we need to make a stand on this one as we need the fans to make it decision now before the 2nd round starts.

Well the journos on Twitter are mostly in agreement that this is Kia's way of getting back at Cook and Marwood for clipping his wings.

It also seems Cook and Marwood aren't particular popular amongst the agents fraternity because they refuse to let the powerful ones ride roughshod over the club.

I'm feeling a bit better about this now, I can see Carlos staying and I couldn't last night.

SWP's back said:
gio's side step said:
The point here Shaun, is not whether he is shit, or whether he is a shit, the majority who seek blame can look after those arguments. The point being made, is if you look at it with honesty and truth, it is a disaster for us at present, where we are, and where we aspire to continually be this season. It is terrible news. Whoever is to blame or whatever the reason. I understand people rallying behind the club, trying to protect it from outside criticism, trying to support the manager, but as fans, we owe it to ourselves to be honest with each other.

I agree that I could have received better texts in the Venus on Sunday morning at 2am than the one I received saying he had handed in a transfer request. But no amount of crying on here will change that fact.

When you say that we should be honest with each other, I am unsure what you are getting at. Who or what are you saying is to blame? Tevez has ruled out Mancini so it leaves us with money for new contract, money for Kia and Tevez for a move to Real or.... well that's it really.

I tend to look at Tevez's history and allied to that, the fact that Kia is persona non gracia with the club now, as he was the leak earlier in the season. Tevez is a great player on the pitch but can be a little cunty off it.

I try and look at ALL reports through a critical lens. That's not because I'm a miserable twat. I appreciate the workings of PR and the politics of power. I'm not certain of why this has happened. However, I don't buy 'just because he has made a statement which states he has no problem with Mancini for example' that .. that means he doesn't. You might ask, well why state it then? Perhaps he has a few issues, and he see's it in his interest to market one particular issue through the press publically. On evidence, it does seem to me like he has had issues with Mancini. I appreciate he may respect him, but all is not well. In terms of Kia and money, again, I sense that is part of the picture. As is perhaps Madrid (which I stated on here yesterday morning).

What I was getting at, was being honest about, the effect. Whatever has happend, it's VERY bad news. That's being honest. I might not always agree with you, but surely you can weed out the fickleness of many on here, 'hero to zero'. Is 'so significant to us', and now 'we are fine without him'. In terms of what it represents, his actual presence on the pitch, yes his goal ratio (and id disagree with your earlier point about City's team making his ratio better, I would argue starting on a more regular basis at City than he did at Utd effected this) the types of goals he fashions out himself, makes it VERY bad news.

I understand people taking a moral stance. I understand the feeling of 'fuck him', etc, but merely stating things like CTID, doesn't disguise the reality. I was just asking fans to be honest about the effect of this, whilst at the same time, expressing their own anger, frustration or whatever else it is they feel

sounds like this has a been cooked up by kia, tevez and madrid. some on here would have us sitting in a corner, rocking back and forth with our thumbs in our mouths. fuck that ! why should we let these c***s trample all over us and ruin our season ?

although i find the thought of ade and crazy balo up front on their own disturbing, it is something we must do for the time being. then as soon as the window opens we get dzeko. tevez will have splinters in his arse until madrid pay either £50m or £30m and benzema. fergie didnt take no shit off them and neither will we.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.