I need to get this Balo' question out there....

I am rapidly loosing faith in him, has a face like a smacked arse, looks like a complete twat when dressing in shite atire, couldn't give a fuck about the club or the fans. If he fucked off back to Italy tomorrow i wouldnt bet an eye lid. Has he got talent, yes, loads potentially, but when he starts to display that on the pitch then i will start to like him. Iremember some people thought Robinho was a drama queen and a mard arse, this guy is in a whole new league!!!

cleavers said:
If we'd signed C*ntona in his pomp, he'd probably have been hounded out after 6 or 7 games.

The lad has all the talent in the world, he just needs a manager who knows how to channel it, and we've got one in Mancini, he'll be left out like yesterday, and he needs to know how to avoid a suspension every 5 games.

FFS give the lad time to settle, getting on his back now won't help him.

i say get on his back just to see what other daft things he can do,for example threw his shirt on the floor after being subbed.imagine if he did that?

Mancio said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Personally, I believe it will all end in tears.

I acknowledge the talent that he has and acknowledge that somewhere in his career, wherever he is at that point, he will probably hit heights that most players can't (although how long that lasts for will be the thing that defines him).

However, I would put money on that not being here.

I was against his signing, not because I don't rate him, but because I can't see the move working.

I don't see why, in City's position, we have to gamble with players. He is a 20 year old who doesn't speak English, who has fallen out with managers, has consistent on and off pitch troubles and who seems to have mental problems. On top of all that, we ask him to come and play in a foreign league at such a young age, when he has never spent time working abroad.

It is a recipe for disaster imo and a pure gamble. One in which the odds are not on City's side.

However, I put that to one side as I rate Mancini, know what he expects from players in terms of discipline and assume that he knows what he can get out of the player.

On the flip side, the lad seems to be even more unbalanced than I realised. One would think that even the nuttiest of people, when settling in somewhere, would at least keep their head down for the first few months. But it is something new every week with him. Quotes about Milan, getting sent off, moaning, not trying, arguing with the manager, having an attitude that causes the manager who is his biggest ally to publicly rebuke him, slagging off Wilshire, the list goes on.

I'm not bothered if City lose money on him (which is a pathetic and arrogant thing to say as a fan, but that is the situation we are in). But I am bothered if he has a negative affect on the dressing room. And, as well as the rumours that circulated a while back about some not being happy about the treatment he gets and favouritism (which I hope is just bullshit), there are obvious signs on the pitch to anyone attending games that some of his team mates (and not just one or two) are unhappy with his efforts and have let him know about it.

Signing nutters or well known loose cannon players is just not a policy that I can support in City's position. Everything about his move to City is setting him up to fail. If it were just a gamble that only affected a year or two of the player's career then I wouldn't be bothered. I'm more concerned with the negativity such players bring to the club, the squad and the dressing room though.

Not needed imo.

But here's to hoping that he proves all that wrong, applies himself, acts like a professional and doesn't become the negative here that all the evidence suggests is likely.

PS: some refs are looking for him and are, as usual with English refs and their biased application of the laws, a disgrace to their profession. However, perhaps he could look at himself and ask himself why these idiots have been looking for him. They didn't just draw his name out of a hat. Why aren't they looking for Milner or Johnson?

in this post there are more bollox than words , are you looking for a world record ?

question for you but did you ever disagree with mourinho about mario?

Post by JMA and the pathetic retort to it sum this subject up for me.
Those who 'suspect' Balo almost all conclude that they hope he proves them wrong, me included.
The 'pro' Balo lobby very often tend to be disparaging and dismissive of anyone who does'nt share their view.
We all want the same thing, if there has been a post saying get rid I have'nt seen it. All we all want is for him to succeed, just that some of us do'nt think he's doing his best to achieve it.

bags of talent but little application so far.

seems to think he doesnt need to try as he has such natural talent - thats just not possible in the prem.

he is either not used to busting a gut as he hasnt had to do it in italy, or is simply not that arsed to be here..

For Mancio and other big balo fans - i hope he does come good obviously - but you simply cannot defend what we have seen in a blue shirt so far. Basic effort in this league is a must - you simply cant survive without it

aphex said:
who knows what goes through mario's head? it seems he is playing a part (panto villain), and the longer he is vilified for his sulkiness, the more questions are asked

even anelka looked like he was trying

for all his talent he isn't a team player and the only option for him is to buck up. no team likes to play with ten men, and he is a liability

i'm not a fan to be honest.

This is the crucial part of the Mario pantomime. Undoubted talent, even puts Dave Ewing in the shade, but if his team mates are having to do the donkey work for him and even for the few moments he was on the pitch yesterday it seemed he was hell bent on getting another red, they won't thank him for walking down the tunnel when he needs to be striking. He turns Anelka into St. Francis.

JMA has articulated my thoughts precisely. I really hope he comes good, but not sure we needed to take the risk at this stage of the team's development. I hope its more a case of Anelka when he first joined Arsenal, when he had a torrid time for the first few months but really started to turn it on after Christmas.
I'm also with Rammy when he says we have two home games now wher e we need him to perform and no more excuses.Lots of people his age and younger go abroad to find work. They are called migrant workers, and many if them have endured far tougher upbringings than Mario. And they are not being paid millionaire wages and having their every need and whim being taken care of by their employer either. He is 2O, ffs, not a child.
I really want Mario to be the best he can be, but he has to take personal responsibility for his performances and his behaviour.

LongsightM13 said:
JMA has articulated my thoughts precisely. I really hope he comes good, but not sure we needed to take the risk at this stage of the team's development. I hope its more a case of Anelka when he first joined Arsenal, when he had a torrid time for the first few months but really started to turn it on after Christmas.
I'm also with Rammy when he says we have two home games now wher e we need him to perform and no more excuses.Lots of people his age and younger go abroad to find work. They are called migrant workers, and many if them have endured far tougher upbringings than Mario. And they are not being paid millionaire wages and having their every need and whim being taken care of by their employer either. He is 2O, ffs, not a child.
I really want Mario to be the best he can be, but he has to take personal responsibility for his performances and his behaviour.

I agree largely with these more balanced views; of course the lad is young and precociously talented, but also arrogant. Often the positive attributes are accompanied by the latter negative one, but as stated in the above and articulated by JMA, we have to trust the manager. If RM can unlock this lads undoubted talents and get him playing for the club, not just himself he could be the next piece in the jigsaw and a world class signing.

wow lets give the lad at least ten games before we shoot him down eh!
yes hes miserable but if he hits form and starts scoring he will be, our lovable rogue mario, and we will all be eating humble pie.
I still remember the tevez is shit thread. people should go have a read before they comment further about a 20 year old whose played 7 games (not even all starts) in a new league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.