The coalition has killed the recovery, well done.

fbloke said:
metalblue said:
Really?

GDP_450x413.jpg

And the world GDP figures -

rlfeb4.png

Not just the UK you know,it`s a European thing.

Euro hit by disappointing eurozone GDP figures
European economic growth slowed to a snail's pace in the final quarter of last year, raising fears that the region could experience a double dip recession and sending the euro to its lowest level against the dollar in nine months.

This was always going to be difficult.

The fact is we were living beyond our means as a country well before the credit cruch. People should remember that. Every pound that was wasted between (I would say) 2002 and 2008 has to be found and saved now when the economy really needs it.

Labour cannot escape that fact. And that is why they cannot blame all this on the global situation, although only a fool would say that it wasn't the biggest factor.

I think the Coalition has gone about the cuts with a little too much gusto, but the worse case scenario if they had not seen to be acting quickly would have had a much greater impact on what really matters to people: jobs, inflation and interest rates, rather than a somewhat moot debate about whether the weather (!!) had a material impact on these growth figures or not.

Also I don't think that inverted snobbery or waging class war adds anything to this debate. People would do well to remember where Tony Blair (who I still quite like - Iraq apart) went to school. Labour has had plenty of posh people in the past, and no doubt will in the future.

fbloke said:
The UK economy shrank by 0.5% last month.

There were expectations of between .2% and .5% growth but it is far worse than that.

So here's a hearty wel done to all the Conservatives and of course Lib Dem's who tell us that this needs doing.

The economy has been kicked in the bollocks and has nowhere to go, well done.

I would like to make a special mention to George Osbourne who is very, very likely, if this trend continues to have been the biggest failure as a chancellor in the modern era.

After the complete and utter mess that New Labour left the country in , any incoming government was gonna face a hard time ..... because there is so much to put right with so little money.

You will see a far different coalition from 2013 onwards .....

they said it wouldn't be easy , and they would have almost certainly assumed that their early 'rapid' decisions weren't likely to prove popular , which they say have to be implemented 'for the good of all concenrned' ...... but they will be highly confident that they'll be able to pull things around in the final years of their term , and will pull out all the stops to do so ........ and they will be hope that , by then , the economy and eveythin' else will be in a much better state too!

gordondaviesmoustache said:

The fact is we were living beyond our means as a country well before the credit cruch. People should remember that. Every pound that was wasted between (I would say) 2002 and 2008 has to be found and saved now when the economy really needs it.

Labour cannot escape that fact. And that is why they cannot blame all this on the global situation, although only a fool would say that it wasn't the biggest factor.

I think the Coalition has gone about the cuts with a little too much gusto, but the worse case scenario if they had not seen to be acting quickly would have had a much greater impact on what really matters to people: jobs, inflation and interest rates, rather than a somewhat moot debate about whether the weather (!!) had a material impact on these growth figures or not.

Also I don't think that inverted snobbery or waging class war adds anything to this debate. People would do well to remember where Tony Blair (who I still quite like - Iraq apart) went to school. Labour has had plenty of posh people in the past, and no doubt will in the future.

What I hear from many people is that the tories in the coalition seem to be enjoying the whole thing.

They seem too fixated with doing the tory thing from the 80's and 90's to see that its no longer the way the population apparently sees it.

The vast majority of the voters, me included, know we need to move back in terms of public sector spending and that less should be done by government meaning jobs have to go but the sheet 'gusto' of the re-balancing seems ill conceived and irrational.

The real sad thing is that you lot keep on debating and having a pissing contest on the most manipulated thing in the world, Politics(apart fromreligion of course). It does not matter who is in Shitehall as they are just placement puppets for the Agenda to be carried forward and to use us to carry it and look upon us as mere Rats.(not mere cats btw)

This is not a wake up sheeple post as each to his own and whose to say that anyone is better than the next man, we are all equal, but for fucks sake guys, a fkin child could see that it's a big cartoon, ccmmmooonnnnn.

fbloke said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:

What I hear from many people is that the tories in the coalition seem to be enjoying the whole thing.

They seem too fixated with doing the tory thing from the 80's and 90's to see that its no longer the way the population apparently sees it.

The vast majority of the voters, me included, know we need to move back in terms of public sector spending and that less should be done by government meaning jobs have to go but the sheet 'gusto' of the re-balancing seems ill conceived and irrational.

I am absolutely sure that public spending as a % of GDP will be significantly higher in 2015 (when the cuts have fully filtered through) than in 1997. So to suggest we will go back to the 80's and 90s in that regard is slightly disingenuous.

Labour won that debate at the turn of the century and then Gordon Brown, drunk on power, went on a spending spree that we could not afford. Public spending will not fall to the levels it did under John Major, of that I am sure.

Going slightly off topic,

Can anyone tell me what happened to some external organisation who approached a member of the house of Lords wanting to help rid the Government of £X billions of debt.

their is a youtube clip of the member who was approached officialy asking in the house of lords asking for a higher up member in the Government to contact him about this.

Some hidden organisation going through a middle man (the house of lords bloke), to get in touch with Government about paying off alot of debt!

Was a couple of months ago.

Anyone?

Grolsch30 said:
Going slightly off topic,

Can anyone tell me what happened to some external organisation who approached a member of the house of Lords wanting to help rid the Government of £X billions of debt.

their is a youtube clip of the member who was approached officialy asking in the house of lords asking for a higher up member in the Government to contact him about this.

Some hidden organisation going through a middle man (the house of lords bloke), to get in touch with Government about paying off alot of debt!

Was a couple of months ago.

Anyone?

Lord James is shown to be going incrementally gaga.

I keep sayin this but why cant the government just write off the debt (all governments for that matter), and reset the counter to a big fat zero and start again.

Or start by making the bank of England Government owned not private like the Federal bank in the US.

Feelin that there is one big feckoff agenda on its way in a country near you, courtesy of the main power holders behind the curtain!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.