something is wrong

tolmie's hairdoo said:
tonea2003 said:
i thought that was the reason he recinded his transfer request assurances that dzeko was in the bag!!!!

He didn't recind his request, he was told to shut the fook up and was going nowhere!

He was assured his pleas for more firepower were being met and that Dzeko was agreed.

Whether he feels it is Mancini or Dzeko with the current shortcomings, there is a clear disatisfaction projected in Carlos' game through current tactics.

So what you are saying is that, in his interview he lied when he said "no one loves the shirt more than me"?

I think you're over reacting a bit Bill to be honest. The team needs time to gel and progress. A lot of the top teams have stumbled through games and picked up wins, and lost a few as well. Our problem it seems is that if we don't get a couple of early goals we struggle to impose our superior quality as the game goes on and we seem to settle for a point. That will change though hopefully. It's all about confidence and mentality. Hopefully Balo will make a difference now, but it's a shame AJ isn't fit as he obviously can pull a rabbit out of the hat when we need it most.

Chill your bean fella, all will be well.

FEEDHIMGARY said:
tonea2003 said:
how the fuck have we ever won a game being this shit, unbelieveable

where did i say we were shit...? Just that we arent good enough. unbelievable

there were no positives in what you wrote
yet we are third with a mathmatical chance of winning the damm thing
still in two cup competitions with no reason to expect that we won't progess
we are even favourites in one, how strange for a team with no pace and style.
we have the pleasure of watching some fantastic footballers grace our team.
yes you didn't say shit but you might as well have
now that is unbelieveable.

We're third and something is wrong?

COME

ON

FFS. It's embarrassing. WTF have we to be depressed about? Perhaps some of you don't remember playing league games against the Macclesfield's and Stockport County's of this world (and losing!) We have no magic wand, but we WILL get there. It was never going to be an overnight project but it won't be long now. Leave the" divine right to win" shite to the Whinging Dipper Brigade.

Mods, this place seems to be crawling with rag WUM's.

glen quagmire said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
He didn't recind his request, he was told to shut the fook up and was going nowhere!

He was assured his pleas for more firepower were being met and that Dzeko was agreed.

Whether he feels it is Mancini or Dzeko with the current shortcomings, there is a clear disatisfaction projected in Carlos' game through current tactics.

So what you are saying is that, in his interview he lied when he said "no one loves the shirt more than me"?

It would be mightily unfair to label him a liar. That interview was done a few weeks after the whole saga.

In saying that, he doesn't love the shirt more than you or I. Splitting hairs, I know!

Whether it be lip service or sincerity, Carlos has made a habit of professing love for a football club, but ultimately, it wasn't enough to stick around.

Like I say, maybe Carlos' state of mind is better judged by his performances on the field.

City weren't about to be dicatated to by Carlos or his agent. An advisor he still retains, despite Carlos insisting he was misread.

tonea2003 said:
FEEDHIMGARY said:
where did i say we were shit...? Just that we arent good enough. unbelievable

there were no positives in what you wrote
yet we are third with a mathmatical chance of winning the damm thing
still in two cup competitions with no reason to expect that we won't progess
we are even favourites in one, how strange for a team with no pace and style.
we have the pleasure of watching some fantastic footballers grace our team.
yes you didn't say shit but you might as well have
now that is unbelieveable.

the OP suggested at shortcomings and something being wrong... i gave my opinion on those...

if you would like to start a thread discussing our positivies, i will happily contribute on that subject too.

Can you honestly tell me that you are content with the way we play?

glen quagmire said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

I'm going off memory here so might well be corrected, but I'm sure the club AND Carlos both confirmed that any transfer request was withdrawn. It was also alluded to on here by more than one person that it was the promised arrival of Dzeko that helped towards the apparent change of heart.

FantasyIreland said:
I'm convinced it's the midfield pairing of Barry and Yaya.Neither have the personality or character to impose influence on a game.
Both have little spark and appear soulless to me.

Last night we were badly missing a leader and inspiration(see Komps and DJ).
Tevez as captain is a joke,as talented as he is,he can't speak English and when he is having an 'off' day,as his last two games have been(understandably btw),he offers very little in terms of motivation.
Thanks for that comment mate, I got pelters on the MuEN for saying exactly that. Those two are cumbersome, awkward, slow, clumsy and uninspiring. Why didn't Mancio take one of them off and put VK in there? We will not reach the heights of expectancy with an half arsed M/F, David Silva can only do so much, he needs a bit of guile to go with his flair. To make matters worse is that we only have Milner or Viera as cover - not quite the Nasri player we need. However, Ballo's back lets hope he can get a decent run of games coz we needed him for the past 6 games!!

We've been a bit off since the inclusion of Dzeko. We just haven't looked the same since his arrival. Our attacking play hasn't looked that disjointed this season when we have a front three of Silva - Balotelli - Tevez. We know how to pick a defence apart, but since Dzeko's arrival, we just seem too top heavy. Tevez, Silva, Dzeko and Balotelli were all on the pitch at the same time yesterday, and we just looked so cramped. There was no space for anyone to move in there. And Tevez only came into the game when Dzeko left the field. Dzeko forces Tevez to drop away from the attacking play instead of him playing as the striker and the playmaker.

But Barry desperately needs to either get fast, or get out of the team. When Michael Johnson eventually comes back, Barry will not be around for much longer. Barry is old and slow. He can't pass, and the only time he makes a notable appearance is when he gives away a free-kick on the edge of City's area. He just seems to bundle around, and he slows down the attack so much when the ball comes to his feet. And apart from his lung busting runs that he takes ages to recover from, I'm slowly beginning to lose sight of what Yaya Touré adds to our play.

However, if we get rid of Barry and replace him with say, Sneijder in the summer, I think we'll be lethal. The new players like Kolarov, Boateng, Silva, Yaya Touré, Balotelli and Dzeko will have either 6 months or a year of Premier League experience behind them, and most importantly: a year together. We will be able to fight for the title. Luckily, for the first time in City's history, we only need a few tweaks to challenge for the heights of football's greatest prizes. The squad we have now is good enough to get us into the Champions League when everyone is fully fit, so a few more inclusions won't be bad things.

MCFC BOB said:
We've been a bit off since the inclusion of Dzeko. We just haven't looked the same since his arrival. Our attacking play hasn't looked that disjointed this season when we have a front three of Silva - Balotelli - Tevez. We know how to pick a defence apart, but since Dzeko's arrival, we just seem too top heavy. Tevez, Silva, Dzeko and Balotelli were all on the pitch at the same time yesterday, and we just looked so cramped. There was no space for anyone to move in there. And Tevez only came into the game when Dzeko left the field. Dzeko forces Tevez to drop away from the attacking play instead of him playing as the striker and the playmaker.

But Barry desperately needs to either get fast, or get out of the team. When Michael Johnson eventually comes back, Barry will not be around for much longer. Barry is old and slow. He can't pass, and the only time he makes a notable appearance is when he gives away a free-kick on the edge of City's area. He just seems to bundle around, and he slows down the attack so much when the ball comes to his feet. And apart from his lung busting runs that he takes ages to recover from, I'm slowly beginning to lose sight of what Yaya Touré adds to our play.

However, if we get rid of Barry and replace him with say, Sneijder in the summer, I think we'll be lethal. The new players like Kolarov, Boateng, Silva, Yaya Touré, Balotelli and Dzeko will have either 6 months or a year of Premier League experience behind them, and most importantly: a year together. We will be able to fight for the title. Luckily, for the first time in City's history, we only need a few tweaks to challenge for the heights of football's greatest prizes. The squad we have now is good enough to get us into the Champions League when everyone is fully fit, so a few more inclusions won't be bad things.

I posted many posts on here saying Dzeko would take us backwards for a few months and upset Tevez's rhythm. This exact thing has happened!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.