Converting my rag Nephew

Great Story,

I managed to get a mate of mine on board. He has always been into football, but never really supported a team. He used to support anyone Un*ted were playing against because he hated the way their 'fans' acted.

Took him to a few games, only took about 10 minutes in and he was fully converted. Loves coming with us when ever he can. and loves winding the rags up more!

Just had a txt off my sister saying he hasn't stopped talking about it to her :D

I had a feeling this would happen as even though both his parents are United fans they have never been to a game and neither has he. Once you get them to a live proper game everything changes.

Think I might be taking him a bit more often.. lol

r.soleofsalford said:
flipmode said:
My mate bailed out of the game yesterday so there was a spare seat for the game, asked my 7yr old Nephew if he wanted to come along and he jumped at the chance.

Picked him up and lay a few ground rules driving to the ground. No telling anyone your a rag, no mention of the word Un*ted and no talking about Shrek (Rooney to him!). Got to the ground earlier than I would have done normally and ended making the mistake of walking up Joe Mercer Way.
He saw both the inflatable goals and wanted a go on both, so I queued with him for both, all the while gasping for a pint!

Then took him into the ground and he wanted a burger, sweets and a drink, price was irrelevant as he was already in his element. Took him into the Family Stand to get them and he wanted to see how tall he was on the player height chart and have his photo taken with the Tevez cutout. The entertainers then kept him occupied whilst I sank a well earnt pint.

Took him round to where I sit at 121 and he absolutely loved it. Kept asking when Tevez was coming on and I think, screamed the loudest when he scored. Got him to do "The Poznan" at the 5th goal and he then asked the one thing I was praying he would do as we walked to the car, "Can I come again?".

I just thought I'd put on record my thanks to the club though. Things I don't normally notice because I am normally with my mate sinking pints and looking at the clunge became a big part of the day for us. The entertainment pre match in City Square and the entertainment over in the Family Stand. I was really impressed with everything they have going on.

keep up the good work mate
Its the duty of every City fan to make sure they convert one rag from the dark side to the path of the blue light. Dont forget a baby rag will grow into a big rag if not converted. Keep up the good work mate.

jimmymart said:
i converted my 7 year old cousin, who then converted his dad, who then converted his dad!!

Kin ell you'll be digging up relvatives next LOL

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.