Can gay footballers ever come out?

BlueCityfan said:
I hope they never come out. If i heard that one of my favourite players would be gay he wouldn't be my favourite player anymore.
Each time you would see an openly gay player on the field...you would think: "that guy is gay"...and you should concentrate on what they do on the pitch.

And it could ruin their future plans. But i also think there are not many professional gay footballers. And i hope this is the case. Dont blast me for having this opinion.

I can not believe people hold the opinion that you do,in 2011.
Very sad.

BlueCityfan said:
I hope they never come out. If i heard that one of my favourite players would be gay he wouldn't be my favourite player anymore.
Each time you would see an openly gay player on the field...you would think: "that guy is gay"...and you should concentrate on what they do on the pitch.

And it could ruin their future plans. But i also think there are not many professional gay footballers. And i hope this is the case. Dont blast me for having this opinion.
I ain't gonna blast you. It's not your fault that you're backwards.

One famous rugby league player, Ian Roberts came out years ago. He was one of the hardest bastards to pull on a jersey. He copped heaps of stick. One match ex Balmain and Australia fullback Gary Jack called him a poof and Roberts chinned him. Broke his jaw.
I'd like to see anyone call Sol Cambell a poof to his face.

Don't get this whole 'coming out' thing. Why do they need to make a statement....like it's a requirement to tell the whole world before you're officialy classed as 'gay'. Who gives a f*ck ??

BurnCK said:
Don't get this whole 'coming out' thing. Why do they need to make a statement....like it's a requirement to tell the whole world before you're officialy classed as 'gay'. Who gives a f*ck ??

No it's more a case of footballers are having to hide who they are to fit in, rather than wanting to tell the world they're gay. How would you like to live your prime years hidden in a closet out of fear of prejudice and persecution from fans and players?

BlueCityfan said:

Whilst I respect you for openly airing what seems to me to be a quite juvenile opinion, you don't need "blasting" but you certainly need educating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.