Day trippers/tourists

Some of us don't have much choice, only to be a day tripper. Unless someone wants to fund my air travel, accommodation and reimburse for me days missed at work for a season; then I'll buy a season card!

Some of us don't have much choice, only to be a day tripper. Unless someone wants to fund my air travel, accommodation and reimburse for me days missed at work for a season; then I'll buy a season card!

Same here.

When I lived locally to Maine Road (up to 1988 - so I know how to suffer!!) I used to watch us home and away, now that just isn't possible

I get to games when I can at a cost of around £300/£400 a game, so I'll have to stay a "day tripper" or a "tourist" if that's ok?

I don't mind them tbh. I would rather them than the season ticket holder which sits behind me in 132 who constantly slags off Balotelli.

Kinkyboots10 said:
You would have been considered a day tripper when you went to your first game. Like being behind a learner driver, just remember we all have to start somewhere... Arses on seats will ultimately pay for more David Silvas. City are infectious and they'll soon be bouncing around like the rest of us. Don't be so elitist, we need 'em!

exactly.

ellan_vannin said:

Same here.

When I lived locally to Maine Road (up to 1988 - so I know how to suffer!!) I used to watch us home and away, now that just isn't possible

I get to games when I can at a cost of around £300/£400 a game, so I'll have to stay a "day tripper" or a "tourist" if that's ok?
Same here. Lived on Claremont Road, then Longsight for my first 20 years and went to every home game and a fair few aways for the second 10 of that 20 year period (hope that makes sense!). Try to get over for 3 or 4 games a season now, but it is expensive. You're talking a minimum of £200-250 per game. Been over for three so far; B/burn, Villa (lge) and B/pool. Will try to get one more in if possible (has to be a saturday game though, and they're getting rarer these days).

(has to be a saturday game though, and they're getting rarer these days)

This a huge part of the problem for me.

So many games get moved around for TV that it is a tremendous leap of faith to book a flight early enough to get it cheap enough to make it affordable and then pray the game doesn't get moved

I`d love to go to COMS for all the matches, as I`m unemployed and trying to keep the bills paid I cant.
If my 6 numbers ever come up season card is #1 purchase.

till then its TV matches and cheap beer and munchies from ALDI for me, like de niro said "Count your blessings you can attend games regularly"; and peace be with you!!!

HDB

To answer this i'll just talk about my own experience living in OZ following city at all hours of the morning evening and dead of night buying what little bits of kit become available over here.Jump forward to long awaited trip back to England and I hit the souvineer shop like a junkie in an open methadone clinic(but i refused the half and half scarf thanks anyway Liam).Yes i had the home shirt the keepers jumper the away shirt and the pint pot,but i will say the highlight of the 2 games i saw was the reception given to us by City fans they were great.Its great to see the passion you give to city but even as a tourist or day tripper I too am passionate.Ooops forgot to mention the permanant reminder i got inked on my back in Manchester as well

I know plenty of southern based blues that i have met
over the years of following City
some of them have southern accents,some have no links
to Manchester
but i know that lots of them have followed us through the shit years
making 300 mile round journeys on weds nights against the likes of
York
they are still here getting to every home and away games
which is more than some Manc based blues can be bothered to
do even when they live within 10 miles of Eastlands

i suppose these would be classed as daytrippers by the OP

It`s easy supporting City living in Manchester...try it living hundreds of miles away

bluevengence said:
It`s easy supporting City living in Manchester...try it living hundreds of miles away
Amen to that. Try supporting City over here, surrounded by swamp dwellers (who've never actually been to the sty, naturally).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.