Money changes everything....

After 30 years of watching City play I still pinch myself and actually still can't believe that the club is where it is right now.

Geez, I was watching teams with Jim Tolmie in them

I think the fans are the same....we've always moaned after a defeat or a not so great performance..

The key difference now is that same "what a load of bo**ocks" muttered to your mates as you walk out the ground back to the pub, couple of beers then "we'll challenge for the league next year" turns into a post on here that stays here. Everyone can reply to it, it doesn't go away, so your momentary frustration is taken as a really negative attitude.

For what it's worth last night we played a well organised, pacy team in -5 conditions, it was a very difficult fixture and we lost..it's made the 2nd leg very hard, but we're still in it.

tomhawley said:
fuctivino said:
if we fucked off sky and went back to the beeb an itv and players

on say 3 grand a week and us on 400 quid a week

but it wont happen cos every one goes to uni now...... G R E E D .....

Uni might have taught you that you needn't double tap the space bar...

Unis don't teach useful stuff like only tappin' the space bar once! This is why so many graduates are unemployed!

OxBlue said:
I think the fans are the same....we've always moaned after a defeat or a not so great performance..

The key difference now is that same "what a load of bo**ocks" muttered to your mates as you walk out the ground back to the pub, couple of beers then "we'll challenge for the league next year" turns into a post on here that stays here. Everyone can reply to it, it doesn't go away, so your momentary frustration is taken as a really negative attitude.

For what it's worth last night we played a well organised, pacy team in -5 conditions, it was a very difficult fixture and we lost..it's made the 2nd leg very hard, but we're still in it.

To an extent I agree, we've always had an element of fans who jump on the backs of the team and the players at the slightest error and possibly it does look worse now we have internet forums. At the same time my own gut feeling is that it's been getting worse for the last couple of years, there seem to be more and more fans at matches who are getting on my tits with their constant slagging off of any player who puts a foot wrong.

Tbh the banner that needs burning isn't just that one at the Swamp it's the one that says "MCFC The most loyal fans in the world", I won't know whether to laugh or cringe if it gets an airing on Sunday.

didactic said:
Soulboy said:
Why don't you just answer the question I posed earlier... tell me when this haven of loveliness was when all City fans and the club pulled together?

I can only think of one time all the fans pulled together... and that was when we all wanted Swales out!

We were never this bad though Soulboy come on you can admit that, now even a 1 nil win comes with "get rid", "not good enough", "poor attitude". Ill stick to my guns and say the money has mad us expect to win every single game which is simply not possible.

wrong......it's the way we play that grates....we don't expect to win, we hope (as always)...what we do expect however, is a better standard of football than is currently being played

lancs blue said:
To an extent I agree, we've always had an element of fans who jump on the backs of the team and the players at the slightest error and possibly it does look worse now we have internet forums. At the same time my own gut feeling is that it's been getting worse for the last couple of years, there seem to be more and more fans at matches who are getting on my tits with their constant slagging off of any player who puts a foot wrong.

Tbh the banner that needs burning isn't just that one at the Swamp it's the one that says "MCFC The most loyal fans in the world", I won't know whether to laugh or cringe if it gets an airing on Sunday.

Thats the point I was making.

didactic said:
In a period of four years we have gone from being the most loyal, faithful supporters in the country to worse than our scummy neighbours.

seinfeld.gif

GStar said:
didactic said:
In a period of four years we have gone from being the most loyal, faithful supporters in the country to worse than our scummy neighbours.

seinfeld.gif

pmsl ;-)

On a serious note, i think the club should look into stocking and selling a blue halo that all these super blues can wear at games.

That way they can see who the true blues are and just ignore the rest of us that are just not worthy!

didactic said:
In a period of four years we have gone from being the most loyal, faithful supporters in the country to worse than our scummy neighbours. Everything about every other team supporter that we hated me have now adapted, we moan, whinge and insult our own players, our manager and every single loss. We have become the worst set of supporters which is why everyone is praying for our downfall and celebrating our every loss.

To those that still remember the days when we stood together and backed the team through rain, sleet or snow I apologise. To those that have let the money get to their heads and become the annoying assholes who most think all City supporters are now, take a good look at yourselves.

I am going to have a drink.

I agree.

SWP's back said:
didactic said:
In a period of four years we have gone from being the most loyal, faithful supporters in the country to worse than our scummy neighbours. Everything about every other team supporter that we hated me have now adapted, we moan, whinge and insult our own players, our manager and every single loss. We have become the worst set of supporters which is why everyone is praying for our downfall and celebrating our every loss.

To those that still remember the days when we stood together and backed the team through rain, sleet or snow I apologise. To those that have let the money get to their heads and become the annoying assholes who most think all City supporters are now, take a good look at yourselves.

I am going to have a drink.

I agree.

And for doing so i hear the club are going to award you 10,000 super duper loyalty points ;-)

Non happy clappers are to be excommunicated from the Blue church with immediate effect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.