Please Play 4-4-2 On Saturday City

City_Shirts

With plenty of width – AJ down one side with SWP down the other & plenty of crosses for Dzeko to book our place in the final – We are strong enough to win the midfield battle with NDJ and Yaya in there but we must attack the Rags down the flanks for a change as we will not play through them.

CTID

Colin_Bell said:
With plenty of width – AJ down one side with SWP down the other & plenty of crosses for Dzeko to book our place in the final – We are strong enough to win the midfield battle with NDJ and Yaya in there but we must attack the Rags down the flanks for a change as we will not play through them.

CTID

Where are you playing Silva?

m27 said:
Colin_Bell said:

CTID

I'm not - With no Tevez dropping off to link up with him I would change the system to suit what we have best – I will be looking for NDJ to hold and win the battle, Feed the wide men with Yaya with the latter supporting the forward play

We might win the midfield battle although im not sure which two we would play but we couldnt play silva in the middle in a 4-4-2. We would also get roasted alive on the wings since there would be noone to double up on their wingers with evra etc overlapping against our fullbacks which is obviously one of uniteds main strengths and our weaknesses.

Colin_Bell said:
m27 said:

I'm not - With no Tevez dropping off to link up with him I would change the system to suit what we have best – I will be looking for NDJ to hold and win the battle, Feed the wide men with Yaya with the latter supporting the forward play

You're not playing Silva? I'm afraid that's astonishing.

m27 said:
Colin_Bell said:

CTID

Behind Dzeko.

FantasyIreland said:
m27 said:

Behind Dzeko.

spot on its the only way to beat these twats attack them there right back will be shit there left back has been there weak spot all season and there always scared of shauny silve could have a field day in the free role behind dzeko feeding both wingers.

I'd like to play with width because I think United are vulnerable in both full back areas. With no Tevez I'd like a 4-5-1 with Silva in the "hole" behind Balotelli. But there's no way he will. He will focus on winning the midfield battle and go back to his favourite formation with Ya Ya back where he's least effective. Ont he assumption he does this the biggest danger for me is playing Milner wide at the expense of AJ. WE won't have enough creativity. And it's impeeative that the holding two, I assume GB and NDJ, do not defend too deep. That's how United will beat us if they do, playing in the space left by those two sitting on the edge of their own box. If those two step up and dominate their midfield, who aren't that strong, we've got a chance.

I'd love to see SWP because he always always troubles Evra, because of the way Evra plays. He doesn't like players who get close to him and play close to him. SWP does that, and AJ too in a different way.

But I don't think there's any chance at all of seeing SWP unless we're chasing the game. And if we go a goal behind we might as well pack up and go home because Mancini's City don't do comebacks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.