Please Play 4-4-2 On Saturday City

Colin_Bell said:
m27 said:
Where are you playing Silva?

I'm not - With no Tevez dropping off to link up with him I would change the system to suit what we have best – I will be looking for NDJ to hold and win the battle, Feed the wide men with Yaya with the latter supporting the forward play

I am glad you are not the manager... dropping Silva would be one of the worst decisions to make and I thought the game against Liverpool made that very obvious.

Please god no 4-4-fucking-2

We don't have to players for it, we got absolutley pissed on when we tried it against Liverpool in the midfield.

I'd play

--------------------------Hart---------------------------

Richards(if fit)------Komps-------Lescott-------Zab
---------------------------NDJ------------------------
---------------Yaya------------------Silva-------------
AJ------------------------------------------------Balo
-----------------------Dzeko-----------------------------

Colin_Bell said:
With plenty of width – AJ down one side with SWP down the other & plenty of crosses for Dzeko to book our place in the final – We are strong enough to win the midfield battle with NDJ and Yaya in there but we must attack the Rags down the flanks for a change as we will not play through them.

CTID

Absolutely not. 4-5-1 please.

AntonDonJuan said:

We don't have to players for it, we got absolutley pissed on when we tried it against Liverpool in the midfield.

I'd play

I wouldn't play Silva there mate. Put him in Balo's role and Balo up front. Put Milner in where youve got Silva. That would be more effective.

But I put it to you that hell will freeze over before the manager plays a game like this without two holding midfielders in his 4-2-3-1.

I think that's a given, and would work any team around that.

I'm not syaing it's right, but that's what he'll do.

AntonDonJuan said:

I'd play

I like that, but if Mancini wants to negate the impact of their wide men, do not be surprised to see Kolarov in front of Zab and Milner in front of Richards. I hope not, buit don't be surprised.

Personally, I don't try and guess his team and formation anymore. It's fucking impossible.

Richards--Komps--Lescott--Zab
--------DJ----Yaya------------
SWP-------Silva--------AJ
-----------Dzeko-------------

Our best shot.....

m27 said:
AntonDonJuan said:

I'd play

I like that, but if Mancini wants to negate the impact of their wide men, do not be surprised to see Kolarov in front of Zab and Milner in front of Richards. I hope not, buit don't be surprised.

Personally, I don't try and guess his team and formation anymore. It's fucking impossible.

Oh God that depresses me. He might, too. Hang on for the 0-0 and hope we go through on pens...<br /><br />-- Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:59 am --<br /><br />
FantasyIreland said:

Our best shot.....

I'd be delighted with that side, although I'd stick Balotelli in for Dzeko. I know' you've gone for Dkeko because of the wide men but he looks way off the pace of the English game to me, and Saturday will be frenetic.

No way he'll be so bold though. Expect Milner in one of the wide positions at very least.

FantasyIreland said:

Our best shot.....

That looks good to me. Is Richards fit though? If not I'd rather play Boyata on the right and Zab on the left than have kolarov starting at left back.

FantasyIreland said:

Our best shot.....
Agree

Didsbury Dave said:
AntonDonJuan said:

I'd play

I wouldn't play Silva there mate. Put him in Balo's role and Balo up front. Put Milner in where youve got Silva. That would be more effective.

But I put it to you that hell will freeze over before the manager plays a game like this without two holding midfielders in his 4-2-3-1.

I think that's a given, and would work any team around that.

I'm not syaing it's right, but that's what he'll do.
I think he's got a massive problem with playing Milner centre mid though. Silva will get stuck in playing as one of the 2 in midfield there, and will be creative going forward. Nige will provide the protection of 2 men as DM.

If he plays 4-4-2 though we might aswell not even bother turning up, we just cannot play 4-4-2 with the players we have

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.