Grown Men Crying....

I was teary-eyed in 99 but didnt think I'd ever actually cry at a football match no matter how big or fantastic the occasion was.

I did however blub like a little girl. Was pathetic really. For about half an hour after the game I was reluctant to speak to anyone because it just prompted more tears. Its been a bit of a shite year for me thus far and I guess everything came out with the euphoria.
There was snot and everything!

m27 said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Like a 6 week old baby

was more the old couple sat in front of me who set me off - genuine love and warmth, it was my ET moment all over again

Anyone who doesn't cry at ET has no soul.

I cried at the end... and again on the way home.. and again when at home... and again Sun morning!!!
BUT tears of joy.... smiling whilst crying

It was probably the thought of all that humble pie you'd be eating ;)

I didn't cry but I did get a huge feeling of satisfaction. The kind of deep satisfaction that doesn't come around too often

Lucky Toma said:
I was teary-eyed in 99 but didnt think I'd ever actually cry at a football match no matter how big or fantastic the occasion was.

I did however blub like a little girl. Was pathetic really. For about half an hour after the game I was reluctant to speak to anyone because it just prompted more tears. Its been a bit of a shite year for me thus far and I guess everything came out with the euphoria.
There was snot and everything!

My girlfriend, who I've been with for nearly 4 years, looked at me on Sunday morning and just said "i've never seen you like that before". We've been through a lot together, but I think what City means to me finally registered with her.

I also think it's been one of the toughest seasons emotionally for me because I've felt so disconsolate at times. There's a lyric by a band called the hold steady which goes "crushing one another with colossal expectations..." which sort of sums it up. There was something overwhelmingly cathartic about the entire experience on Saturday...

after the final whistle had gone i was hugging my 9 yr old boy and he then said to me "Dad i think im gonna cry" and that set me off,but that moment will live with me forever,he made me so proud

I cried at the end and again after Billy posted on Saturday night; I am actually amazed at how well I coped with the build up, the Match itself and the celebrations. At the best of times I can be emotional and a Drama Queen but I guess the real test will come in a few weeks time when I get one of the greatest days of my life or one of the most dissapointing.

i didnt think i was going to...... then bluemoon played at the end and seen the players doing the poznan.... turned round to see my mates in tears and it set me off.... not embarased though i just hope im in tears again for the final because iv seen city win a trophy for the first time in my life :D

About ten seconds after the final whistle blew the floodgates opened. Calmed down by the time the team walked over to the supporters, but as soon as they started the Poznan, I was totally overcome.

Only felt like that once before watching City, Boxing Day '77, halftime, when Colin returned from injury.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.