Something Changed on Saturday

Blue2112

Apologies for the long post but I need to get this off my chest.

Went down to Wembley on Saturday and had a great day out with my wife, three daughters and a mini bus full of friends and in all honesty it was the best atmosphere and excitement Ive ever had the pleasure to be a part of with City over the years. Everything we've had to take over the years came home to roost in those 95mins.

When we arrived at Wembley Park around 3pm we got off the tube and admittedly we was boisterous singing City songs and having banter with any reds that gave it back. We had a walk around and found ourselves outnumbered and had the usual typical insults and abuse thrown at us, nothing wrong with that in my book and it makes the day all the better for having that egde. My daughters got abuse and we gave it back and fortunately found no serious trouble. No punches were thrown but plenty of verbals on both sides. Half way up Wembley Way I unexpectedly met a very good red mate, was surprised he was there because he doesn't normally go but he was offered corporate tickets and so went with his brother-in-law. We had a laugh and the banter and shook hands along with friends of his I didn't know.

After the game we headed back to Wembley Park and was again fortunate to only witness and be a part of verbal banter on both sides. However I know some of my good mates were unfortunately caught up in more serious trouble elsewhere and have also read all the stories on here. Heading back up the motorway we caught the tail end of trouble in service stations and saw Hilton Park had been closed off by a police land rover presumably due to more trouble.

Now I know City fans aren't all angels but it seems they do breed a nasty type of arrogant supporter over at Old Trafford. There are three types in my opinion:

1) Those that follow from out of town and latch onto their success and do actually go to a handful of games but feel superior due to this very reason that they're out of town supporting reds. I actually know quite a few of these and they do encompass an awful lot of corporate fuckers that feel quite proud to have been to the Theatre of Dreams.
2) Those that live here in Manchester but never actually go, you know the 'Can't get a ticket brigade', we've got them all living next door, in the family or down the pub mates.
3) Those that actually do support United as a normal fan would, out of town or not. Well i'm 45 years of age and have lived in Manchester all my life and yet I can honestly hand on heart say I know of only 1 United friend whom I consider a proper fan and goes every week. Not corporate, not arrogant, not self conceited and not violent.

Saturday and the actions of their supporters both outside the stadium with violence and inside with their lack of support and quick departure added to more acts of petulance on the field with Scholes and the Balotelli incident has made me detest them even more than I thought possible before Saturday ever came. Once again Fergurson excuses Scholes tackle when he said something along the lines of 'yes the red mist came down but because he's such a good player over the years we let them go' - That kind of ignorance is just not acceptable, is it any wonder he's been dismissed 10 times now in his career.

I'd like to know why Rio and his hard mates just didn't ignore Balotelli, afterall he was in the semi circle waving his shirt at an half empty stadium, let us for fucking once have our moment and clap your own fans Rio and walk off. Instead you just had to get involved and ignore your own fans and then somehow accuse our player that he should go to his own fans.

Its now three days later and the dust has settled. I've met a few mates (those that never go type) who have said 'C'mon then lets get this over with and give it to me' and yet strangely enough I don't want too and didn't. I've yet to see my rag neighbours, funny as they always manage to appear in the street whenever it's the other way round, as it more often is. Why not be gracious and say on the day the best team won, lets look forward to more of these big games together. No it's not possible with them and this time something has changed for me. I actually don't want to see them and I honestly do not want to talk to any of them about saturdays game, about football in general or about City or United because they simply don't get it and never will.

I'll chew the cud with a genuine rag if I ever meet one but as for the rest go FUCK YOURSELVES!

That club needs a period without any success to rid itself of the dickheads that now follow it. I'm serious. I'd love to see them go back cap in hand to their core support after all the prawn sandwich munchers and out of towners have ditched them when the going gets tough. Thing is, most of the decent reds I know are out of the habit of putting their hands in their pockets and braving shite weather to go and support their team, so they'll take some convincing to start going again. Wonder if they'd cope with sharing a City with a very successful team whilst winning bugger all themselves for years with the same grace and humour as we have? I think I know the answer to that one.

I havnt said a lot to the Rag fans over here that I know. I dont want to jinx it as I have never seen the Blues win a cup in my lifetime it would be nice to win the Cup. I was in a pub packed with Rags watching the semi final and as usual the place was empty with all the rags heading for the doors in stopage time. Since then I havnt seen many about even the neighbour has been avoiding me. I know what those fuckers are like and if we dont win the Cup I wont hear the end of it over here. Fuck them is what I say most know fuck all about football and they always think there fucking right about everything.

In my experience, the "thoughtful" rags are the older ones who remember when they were a piss poor team and know what its like to flounder mid table or get relegated.

Its the generation of younger rags who have grown up knowing nothing other than success who are nearly always the arrogant ones. They think success is a birthright to them, and they think that by default they will win something big over a season, and it will always be that way. A bad season for them is only one trophy, or second in the prem.

When i lock horns with these dicks, i point out that they are not football supporters, they know nothing about the game, because the game is not just winning all he time, the game is winning AND losing, its following your team through shit and shitter, seeing the humour in your situation, and living with your failures way more than any of your successes. And the successes you do get, you really appreciate (Gillingham in '99 ffs, it was a div 2 play-off, but fek me did we enjoy it!).

So ignore the arrogant twats, nature abhors a vacuum, their days of mediocrity WILL return, Fergie WILL die, there will be jelly and ice-cream on the day, and lets see the true colour of their support then.

We stopped at Newport Pagnall services on the way back (I needed a nap - only I drive).

Rags attacked a mini-bus of City supporters until a bus-load of Blues arrived and started heading towards them.

Then the police arrived and those off the bus left it to the dibble.

Lostockblue told me she heard a police officer say that scum are the worst of all supporters when they lose.

Enough said, really.

Good post.

The main reason their levels of hate and bitterness towards us have gone up several notches is that they simply never believed we really would be in a position to ever knock them off their perch. Imagine that you are in their shoes, living for years and years in the shadow of Liverpool and their 18 Titles.

Suddenly though,just when the magical 19 is in sight, the club they could always guarantee would be there to sneer and laugh at are coming up the rails and looking to be serious contenders for years to come. They are not prepared for us being so strong and the thought of us ramming all those insults over the years back down their throats absolutely terrifies them. As with all bullies, this fear often manifests itself in violence towards those they know they can beat. As I posted yesterday - Always from behind. Always safety in numbers.

For a club that apparently means nothing to them, isn't it strange they take great delight in attacking said club's 'scarfers', kids and women. This bullying gets worse every single Derby and if I was a red I'd be embarrassed. The problem is, it's done on such a grand scale by them it's practically the norm now.

Who'd have thought that after all these years it's actually THEM who are more obsessed and hateful than us? The Bitters? Too right they are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.