No Manchester C o A on the FA Cup final shirt

Thaksinssoldier said:
Looks to me like umbro had surplus shirts and is looking to cash in rather than give fans what they want.

Exactly my thoughts.

The only difference seems to be a patch and some embroidery.

I just read the email from the club but didn't start a thread just in case I'd missed one.

Pretty short term thinking in my opinion, which suprises me for how the club now seems to be run.

MANCHESTER-CITY-SHIRT+-1981-FA-CUP-+FINAL-crest.jpg

3271951591_244d4ef6e7.jpg

Manchester-City-F.A-Cup-Final-Retro-Shirt-1969.jpg

AS-015_full.jpg

EBAY%20&%20CITY%20ITEMS%2014%20MAY%20O9%20020.jpg

fbloke said:
80s Shorts said:
No he doesnt, he wants to slag the club off as has been his want of late.

I reckon you will be in the minority on this one chuck.

Thats ok fbloke, ive never been one to court popularity. Prefer my own opinion. Dear.

80s Shorts said:
ellan_vannin said:
It really is a kick in the teeth for tradition

Our tradition has been to win sod all for how many years. We need to get rid of this backward lookin sentimental bollox imo. Couldnt be arsed if we play in bright pink lycra as long as we win the thing.

Tradition isnt what has stopped us winning things, being shit is what has stopped us winning things.

Don't post often but this really, really pisses me off.

This has shown me that despite all the reassurances the 'Sheikh' has decided we don't represent Manchester anymore. We represent Him and his investment and rescue of this club.

As far as I'm concerned this is as big a step as trafford taking 'Football Club' off their badge.

Mansour, there is acknowledement at what you've done for us but to pull the rug from under our feet as the Manchester Club is a big decision. Maybe too big a decision.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
This is a real strange one, they would have sold 1000s of them, by adding just this they will move hardly any.

Its even stranger to me that you think thousands would be sold for the sake of a badge. Far from the truth imo

I also think that its a poor decision, there is no reason why we can't have, the club crest, the coat of arms, and umbro on the final shirt, it only needs a one off shirt to be made, and I'm sure it would be a big seller.

Unless Manchester City council have said no, then I don't see why not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.