Autograph hunting on matchday

lanzablue

As I mentioned in another topic, I'm taking my littlun to his first game tomorrow and it would be nice to get the odd signing or two for mementos.
Any tips re. where to go pre or post match would be useful.

Cheers

If you want random football celebs/ex players/managers etc, wait outside the main entrace an hour or two before kick off. There is always someone of note knocking about! If you're after the first team you might have to wait till after the match, they arrive from their hotel on a bus which stops the other side of a barrier so don't think they sign autographs then.

After the match the players usually drive out from the underground car park, its next to a car park where you'll see the Sky TV trucks etc. The players drive out at the far end of that and usually wind down their windows to sign autographs etc.

Best of luck mate, enjoy the day and hopefully we'll have 3 points!

you could meet the team outside a few years back.

now they arrive on a coach and go straight in so you've no chance before the game.

best bet is to find out which hotel their out, wait about outside, normally they go for a walk after breakfast about 10.30ish.

cant help you fella but this is how close you could get at training, long gone are the days.

chgav.jpg

dwandkidz.jpg

many thanks to our kid for showing his son

Try the malmaison hotel in manchester, opposite picadilly. I saw the team early on in the season before the liverpool game, the hotel sponsors us so thats your best bet for the hotel, could be wrong though as they may have changed.

Depending where you are sitting... If you can get down to the tunnel before the game starts, usually you can pick up a couple there... One steward told my son to call them by their first names and sure enough he got Mancini's, AJ's and Richards. Also look for players not selected or injured as they tend to loiter around the tunnel

Also after the game (about 30-50 mins) if you loiter near the car exit at the athletics stadium then you can usually grab the players as they exit... Again lads got zabbas and givens earlier in the season this way

Best of luck of he enjoys it

chrisf100 said:
Try the malmaison hotel in manchester, opposite picadilly. I saw the team early on in the season before the liverpool game, the hotel sponsors us so thats your best bet for the hotel, could be wrong though as they may have changed.

Yeh, they are still here every home game mate. They leave about two hours before kick off.

Cheers guys, the last time I went autograph hunting I was about 12 and I got Mike Doyle + Bernard Halford !

I've taken my lads for autographs a few times and to be honest I wouldn't bother trying at home games. You might get the odd one who isn't in the squad or some of the ex players. You are much better off at away games. Bolton is ideal because they can't get the coach close to the entrance and have a long walkway to it. You could also try Carrington. We had a major success last week but it is pot luck as to which days they are there.

Posted these on another thread but you'll see my lad got quite a few the other day.
1104280379.jpg
1104280375.jpg
1104280362.jpg
1104280347.jpg
1104280339.jpg
1104280336.jpg
1104280304.jpg
1104280399.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.