Anyone see Caicedo against Barca?

Ronnie the Rep said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Some people appear to have a different memory to the Caicedo that I remember. I remember him having a shit first touch, no pace and didn't know where the net was.

I seem to remember that a lot of people were glad to see the back of him.

you've just described Dzeko!

Dzeko hasn't left yet, much to my disappointment.

always liked Big Phil, would defo have him in my squad as 4th striker.

Don't remember him being as good as people here do and not seen much of him this season but I'll always remember him for that goal in the UEFA cup when he had unbelievable strength to roll the defender. Not many strikers could do that to a centre half...

de niro said:
Blue Haze said:
Scored a goal and troubled Pique with his speed and strength. Never got any service but still managed to create on his own. He should be our third option next year.

Got to be worth at least 10m. If it turns out we have given him to Levante for 1m and they turn around and sell him for 10x that amount, whoever at City was involved in that deal should be terminated. Why would we give an option in any contract to buy at a set price? That's illogical, as the loaning club can always renegotiate a lower fee if fair market value is lower.

i read this and immediately checked the date, no its not april the 1st so this guy actually means it.

weird.
So you've not actually watched Lavante at all this season have you? and you're basing your judgement on Phillipe on a season with us when he was 18/19 years old?! Brilliant!

He's playing in a team that was favourites to finish bottom but has been their star player when they've pushed hard to get into Europe. His first touch is excellent; his front-man hold up play is excellent; his pace is excellent; his strength is excellent; he's improved immensely since he played for us and is MILES better than Jo/Santa Cruz and shows miles more determination and passion than Adebayor ever EVER would! As a footballer i think he's technically better than Dzeko, although Edin has proved to have a better eye for goal throughout his career.

That's not weird!

nevilletogoater-in said:
Some people appear to have a different memory to the Caicedo that I remember. I remember him having a shit first touch, no pace and didn't know where the net was.

The thing is he was a naive, nervous, unconfident teenager with no experience when he was playing for us. I heard Ray Wilkins saying recently that a player develops most, not when he's 15 in an Academy but, when he's between the age of 20-23. I could use examples of dozens of playersw who looked average or just okay players when they were 19 who, by the time they were mid to late 20's were excellent footballers playing at a high level; the one example i will use is Xavi - he was actually not rated that highly at all when he was a teenager, TOLD HE GAVE THE BALL AWAY TOO MUCH (Clarence Sedorf said this during last years World Cup when he was a pundit on the BBC!).

CTID_92 said:
nevilletogoater-in said:
Dzeko hasn't left yet, much to my disappointment.
"City fan in early judgement shocker" ;)

I want him to succeed, i really really do but when you can't control a football from a throw in it's time to wrap up. As I've said previously, you don't get the nickname 'the lamp post' for nothing and so far he's not done anything to prove to me that he's good enough for the premier league.

Hopefully I'm proved wrong. As for Caicedo, he's playing at Levante there's a reason for this. Many players playing for the smaller clubs stand out but when they move to the bigger clubs they don't appear to be a good.

SWP at Chelsea, Sidwell at Chelsea/Villa, Parker at Chelsea etc etc.

danburge82 said:
nevilletogoater-in said:

The thing is he was a naive, nervous, unconfident teenager with no experience when he was playing for us. I heard Ray Wilkins saying recently that a player develops most, not when he's 15 in an Academy but, when he's between the age of 20-23. I could use examples of dozens of playersw who looked average or just okay players when they were 19 who, by the time they were mid to late 20's were excellent footballers playing at a high level; the one example i will use is Xavi - he was actually not rated that highly at all when he was a teenager, TOLD HE GAVE THE BALL AWAY TOO MUCH (Clarence Sedorf said this during last years World Cup when he was a pundit on the BBC!).

Please don't tell me you're comparing Big Phil to Xavi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.