ancoats

is this what everybody can see happing at manchester city
we will need a bigger ground if the plans they have set for the club take off

forget adding the 2 levels behind the goals and making it 60.000
i would pop for a 80.000 stadium with more seats for away fans in the top level
give the away fans upto 10.000 it makes for a better atmosphere for the game
and it will give our own fans something to sing about

gary111 said:
Why give teams 10k when most have trouble selling 3k?
and

why build a 60,000 seater stadium (let alone 80,000) when we still, on a regular basis, fail to sell out a 47,000?

No. Can't see it at all.

Chelsea built it, they've dne everything bar win the CL (been in the final though).

Yet they get fewer fans than we have/do.

We won't need a stadium increase unless we dramaticaly change the prices and imo bring in 'safe standing' areas.

gary111 said:
Why give teams 10k when most have trouble selling 3k?

dont be silly they shud only get 3k /4k max look at the swamp they only give about 3k away tickets in the shittiest part of the ground aswell.

Things will have to change to get 60K in week after week. At the moment I think we are maximising our existing supporter base but we aren't attracting many new ones. Hopefully that will change soon follwing the last few weeks.

What the club do not understand and I belive passionaately, is that to attract young fans from under the noses of ManUtd we need a better atmosphere in the ground, not free hats. Moving the away fans to the other side of the south stand would be the easiest way. It gives the fans one voice, songs catch on round the ground, there's a breeding ground for new songs. That's what the kids want, not a balloon.

The more we win, and especialy as and when they decline, the more fans we will attract.

We need to be a lot more successful before considering a stadium expansion. I've no doubt we have players, and will soon be playing teams everyone wants to come and see, but you can't just drum up another 20,000 fans with one cup and a stint in the champions league. We'll get there, but it's massively premature to be talking about 60k stadiums.

The only way the club will attract new fans is if the potential fans have ticket access.

I know we have issues about the johnny come lately's but this is what the club as a business wants.

Right now SC numbers is what 35k so this leaves 12.5k for the rest (the club want the 12.5 coming more regularly, so offer discounts and so on like we've seen)
if they could increase this non-sc capacity and throw deals at them they have the potential to increase the sc number for the season after that.

For a lot of casual City fans who want to go to a few games a season it's a hassle to get tickets and it's`expensive.

That's why we don't sell out every week. Make it easier and it will sell out now.

Make it more affordable and we would sell out 60k.

I know many blues who have got out of the habit of going for many reasons but were all made up when we won and will go to the victory parade.

What other business treats it potential Customers like football.

Have the club contacted ex-season ticket and club card holders to find out why the don't go to Eastlands anymore?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.