Ashton-under-Lyne (MCSC branch)

Re: Ashton-under-Lyne (MCSC branch proposal)

Raffles said:
lord lewis said:
I spoke to kevin parker at the ken barnes function last friday at eastlands.
he told me he was aware of your interests and that he had received a form that day !!!

Hi mate,

Interesting as to why he hasn't contacted me at all then. Yet 3 other members of the EC have!

The 'form' I think he is referring to is the web form I filled in as a last resort, due to nobody getting back to me prior to that.

In fact, according to my 'sent items', I first e-mailed Kevin on the 15th May. Over ten days later - and not a response from him. I do have e-mails from Alan Galley, Carol Darvill and Mike Young. So it's not as though Kevin doesn't know I am waiting on him (in fact, Carol Darvill was going to ask him to contact me as I have asked numerous questions about the MCSC).

I don't know what Kevin's problem is - but it's obvious he has one about this.

EDIT : According to the auto-response from the web form, I filled that in on 17th May - which is the Tuesday prior to the KB function. So, I am not sure where he gets 'received a form that day' from.

Don't forget that Kevin does this voluntarily. It might be that he just wants a break especially after the Wembley chaos. He's always been there for us when it really mattered - not saying that setting up a club doesn't matter but it doesn't need doing at this very moment - when we needed his help it did!

Best of luck with the club - just refer people who doubt your integrity and reasoning for setting up the club to your homecoming ticket exchange thread.

I agree about Kevin, as he's helped me in the past. This is why I find it so infuriating that even a simple "I'll get back to you later" was never sent. Yet, 3 other members of the EC did get back to me promptly.

This is the main reason I haven't called him on his mobile.

Oh well, here's to a good time Saturday afternoon ;)

So what are we waiting on now? What's the next steps we need to take etc?

BlueRoscoe said:

Get very drunk Saturday afternoon using the 'formation of a branch' as a ruse ;)

J/K of course. According to the forms that Carol Darvill sent to me, we need at least 20 members and a committee (can be from that 20). Hopefully, this bit can be sorted on Saturday (or, at least, get very close to being sorted).

This is the main reason I need Kevin's feedback. I have no idea what each members job description is (besides the obvious). There is supposed to be some sort of rule-book, but I am yet to see one (this is what Carol Darvill was asking Kevin to send me).

Also, there has to be strict financial regulations in place (membership etc) before we even start. This is not just for my protection, but for the protection of all members.

So, as you can see, I can't really do anything 'official' until I hear from Kevin & Co.

This is why I am getting frustrated at not being able to take things forward (I like to have everything sorted before hand - where possible).

Like I said - roll on Saturday afternoon :)

Why don't you speak to Arnie at the Bredbury supporters club - He's been running that for 20 yrs or so - They have approx 450 members at last count (We took 12 coaches to Wembley) - Organise brilliant trips home and abroad.

I'm sure he will be able to help you out - Contact no's are on the website

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bredburyblues.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.bredburyblues.com</a>

mancitytmdanttom said:
Why don't you speak to Arnie at the Bredbury supporters club - He's been running that for 20 yrs or so - They have approx 450 members at last count (We took 12 coaches to Wembley) - Organise brilliant trips home and abroad.

I'm sure he will be able to help you out - Contact no's are on the website

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bredburyblues.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bredburyblues.com</a>

Thanks for this. I'll be sure to give him a bell/e-mail/whatever if nothing emerges from the EC by weekend.

Thanks again

there's 16 blues that meet in the march hare before getting taxi's to home matches already (me being 1 of them) so the 20 members wouldn't be a problem. i usually watch some aways in there and if they cant get it on sattelite they hook up the laptop and put a stream on (as they did for sundays game) i'd say there was around 70 blues in there on sunday watching the game. there are a few rags in there but their games are shown in the smaller taproom and they aren't allowed in the bigger 'blue' room.

i spoke to the landlord at the march hare on sunday about a supporters branch at his pub and he said he would love it! he's recently redecorated the ceiling in the main room with loads of old city shirts

i'll ring round a few mates and see if i can get them to come on saturday, i'll be there

Raffles said:
BlueRoscoe said:

Get very drunk Saturday afternoon using the 'formation of a branch' as a ruse ;)

J/K of course. According to the forms that Carol Darvill sent to me, we need at least 20 members and a committee (can be from that 20). Hopefully, this bit can be sorted on Saturday (or, at least, get very close to being sorted).

This is the main reason I need Kevin's feedback. I have no idea what each members job description is (besides the obvious). There is supposed to be some sort of rule-book, but I am yet to see one (this is what Carol Darvill was asking Kevin to send me).

Also, there has to be strict financial regulations in place (membership etc) before we even start. This is not just for my protection, but for the protection of all members.

So, as you can see, I can't really do anything 'official' until I hear from Kevin & Co.

This is why I am getting frustrated at not being able to take things forward (I like to have everything sorted before hand - where possible).

Like I said - roll on Saturday afternoon :)

Raffles, if you want I'm more than willing to come down on Saturday and offer you any help and advice. I'm Membership Sec. of the SC and also Sec. of the Reddish Blues. Give me a call on 07731 846 194, cheers H.

Raffles said:
My sons mate is Bill's grandson - lol.

Small world.

Anyway, I've created a temp e-mail address for all things related - mcsc-aul@teambadattitude.co.uk

I'll register the domain name and sort out hosting this week also.

Anyway, 3pm in the MH?
sounds good to me raffels see you saturday

-- Thu May 26, 2011 8:24 pm --

ashton-blues said:
stardust1214 said:
Hi raffels march hare as been mentioned a few times! and i can say it is a fantastic place, i go in myself watching all the away games and the place is buzing with blues,and there is parking at the back of the pub for at least six 49 seater coaches, the landlord and the landlady are really nice people and they are BIG BIG BLUES which is allways a bounus, see what it is raffles a few people i know and myself used to run the ashton osc in the late 80s early 90s at the hare and hounds hurst cross, so if you want to get in touch and veiw the march hare email me at stardust12_14@msn.com, to talk in more detail abaut this,so i can get in touch with alan gally to get the ball rolling, hope to here of you soon

You say that you had something to do with running the Ashton SC in the 80s what part did you play in that?
hi ashton blues yes i was chairperson stu whitehead was travel sec

-- Thu May 26, 2011 8:34 pm --

Raffles said:
stardust1214 said:
hi raffels yes lets sort a date out at the march hare for everybodys veiws where to have the venue for the ashton branch iv all ready told you my email but if you have not got it here it is stardust12_14@msn.com cheers hope we can get the ball rolling.

This Saturday at 3pm. I've e-mailed this to you as well (in case you don't read this).

BTW - Some people have 'hinted' that I am starting this purely to be able to get tickets easily. Nothing is further from my mind - as I don't even know how that part of the 'system' works! In fact, due to lack of input from the EC, I know next to nothing about getting this MCSC branch set up (Kevin Parker STILL hasn't contacted me). Don't worry though, I'll get this bit sorted ASAP.

If anyone has any doubts about me running the branch, then I'll gladly hand everything over for someone else to use.

Thanks
raffels you av got my vote you sound like you would do a good job, ill get in touch with stu whitehead he,s got alot of input<br /><br />-- Thu May 26, 2011 8:39 pm --<br /><br />
BlueRoscoe said:
I've had a free this morning, so I came up with this:

Logo-1.jpg
love it blueroscoe

howard said:
Raffles, if you want I'm more than willing to come down on Saturday and offer you any help and advice. I'm Membership Sec. of the SC and also Sec. of the Reddish Blues. Give me a call on 07... ... ..., cheers H.

Hi howard,

It would be great if you could make it Saturday afternoon. I'm always open to advice - especially coming from people ITK.

I think Kippy from Mossley branch is coming as well. Will be a good chance to 'network'.

Looks like a great Saturday looming ;)

BTW - if anyone has a copy of this elusive 'rule book' then please fire a copy over to mcsc-aul@teambadattitude.co.uk

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.