lokeren pics/vids?

I have one of the fanzines from around that time although I wasn't there.

There was something in one of them about it kicking off but there was also a rumour about it being a fan of another Belgian club just stirring it up, i've no idea if that's true.

crizack said:
was absolutely out of it and remember it (the away leg) being in nelson on the top road in swinton watchin it. was it kicking of in the stands? i seem to remember seeing some lad gettin smacked round the face.

From what I got told at the time, the lad who got a good hiding was another Belgian lad.

I saw no trouble in Lokeren, although after the game it was very heavily policed and in your face.

As an aside, we stayed in Bruges 80km away and we found a small local boozer. They had no idea we were there until we turned up, but as we walked in this was playing on their stereo:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnRX6_Txpaw[/youtube]

was there. really enjoyed it. first european away trip for me. seemed like we completely invaded the place. more city fans in the ground than them. and i used to love the chant where we all swung our scarves around. i think it would be good if we chanted that tune while we all do the poznan.

Funniest thing was seeing a lad go in a portaloo behind the stand for a piss and
then a load of his mates tipped it over

he was`nt too pleased when he got out

Blue Punter said:
crizack said:
was absolutely out of it and remember it (the away leg) being in nelson on the top road in swinton watchin it. was it kicking of in the stands? i seem to remember seeing some lad gettin smacked round the face.

From what I got told at the time, the lad who got a good hiding was another Belgian lad.

I saw no trouble in Lokeren, although after the game it was very heavily policed and in your face.

As an aside, we stayed in Bruges 80km away and we found a small local boozer. They had no idea we were there until we turned up, but as we walked in this was playing on their stereo:

which is the reason why i always try and save up to go to away games, especially europe now..impeccable.

My first euro away game! I remember it kicking off in the stand to the right of the away stand, there were rumours about it being Antwerp fans.

The song was something like "Oh oh ohoooo, oh oh ohoooooo, oooooooohoooo oooooohooo", hope that helps haha!

crizack said:
Blue Punter said:
crizack said:

which is the reason why i always try and save up to go to away games, especially europe now..impeccable.

it was an antwerp fan that got punched, i was right next to it in the lokeren end

crizack said:

hiya crizack hope yr well pal!

What happened was there was some city fans in the seats next to where we were. Before the game and during the match they were shouting over to blues they knew and even singing songs. they were in their end.

During the match it kicked off in these seats near us in their end so all the city fans started running from our end onto the fences and started climbing over to help the city fans in their end. Mayhem broke out for a few minutes and the city fans were telling everyone to leave it....it wasnt them it was a couple of Anderlect fans causing trouble! we stayed in Gent (sp) was brilliant.

Top Top trip...youd have loved it crizack!!

berger1985 said:
My first euro away game! I remember it kicking off in the stand to the right of the away stand, there were rumours about it being Antwerp fans.

The song was something like "Oh oh ohoooo, oh oh ohoooooo, oooooooohoooo oooooohooo", hope that helps haha!

Was my first euro away as well (if you don't count TNS at Cardiff). When it kicked off in that stand to the right I remember this lad in front of me taking his shoe off and hurling it either over the fence or at the riot cops. I was pmsl thinking what a dickhead, he's got to get home to Manc now with one only one shoe.

Also remember the match ball coming over and a City lad nicking it. Then someone else managed to nick it off him and legged it off. He was hiding in the crowd near us with the other lad searching all over for him.

berger1985 said:

I remember it as...

"aye di aye di oooh, aye di aye di oooh"
"aye di aye di oooh, aye di aye di oooh"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.