Pulling A Sicky...Any genius ideas?

Bugs Bunny said:
I have NEVER pulled a sicky. Judging by many of the replies in this thread it would appear that I'm in the minority thinking that it's a twats trick. It's unfair to the rest of your work colleagues & it's unfair to your employer.

Oh well, each to their own. I just hope your boss gets to read this, you get sacked & somebody gets the job who realises how important it is to be in work, epecially in the current climate.

You dont know anything building up to me asking the question though.... Im not the kind of person who would leave my coworkers in the shit. Unfair to my employer?....If you knew my employer you would probably change you're mind! I think suggesting im a twat is a bit much really

CTID1988 said:
Bugs Bunny said:
I have NEVER pulled a sicky. Judging by many of the replies in this thread it would appear that I'm in the minority thinking that it's a twats trick. It's unfair to the rest of your work colleagues & it's unfair to your employer.

Oh well, each to their own. I just hope your boss gets to read this, you get sacked & somebody gets the job who realises how important it is to be in work, epecially in the current climate.

You dont know anything building up to me asking the question though.... Im not the kind of person who would leave my coworkers in the shit. Unfair to my employer?....If you knew my employer you would probably change you're mind! I think suggesting im a twat is a bit much really

Fair do's, but I think there's a aubtle difference between calling you a twat and suggesting that pulling a sickie is a twats trick ;-)

Depends if you are happy risking your job. If so then do it, if not don't bother. You would probably get away with it, but there is always the possibility that something you don't expect happens. You might phone in sick then something could happen at the festival, or someone from your work might also be at the festival & see you there then mention it.

I used to work with someone who said that their dad had died on 2 seperate occasions with different managers, to get time off work. He got rumbled when his previous manager told his latest manager that he had been off the year before due to his dad dying. He was suspicious so called the family home to pass on his respects only for his dad to answer the phone. He didn't get sacked but got a final warning & was then known as a lying twat. His dad wasn't too happy either.

Juan King said:
Depends if you are happy risking your job. If so then do it, if not don't bother. You would probably get away with it, but there is always the possibility that something you don't expect happens. You might phone in sick then something could happen at the festival, or someone from your work might also be at the festival & see you there then mention it.

I used to work with someone who said that their dad had died on 2 seperate occasions with different managers, to get time off work. He got rumbled when his previous manager told his latest manager that he had been off the year before due to his dad dying. He was suspicious so called the family home to pass on his respects only for his dad to answer the phone. He didn't get sacked but got a final warning & was then known as a lying twat. His dad wasn't too happy either.

Was this guy you speak about in cahoots with Ireland?

Pigeonho said:
It's not going to look a bit suspicious is it when you are off work sick for the 2 days you have been refused leave for!

My advice? It's hard lines. You should have just rang in sick on the days and not tried to book them off.

Agreed. If you were a member of my team, I would have your card well and truly marked. Really not worth it.

coming into work ''feeling ill'' on the Wednesday, act miserable and keep complaining.

On the Thursday ask if you can leave early as your ''really not feeling well''

Ring thursday night and say you are booking the Docs for the Friday ...

enjoy the weekend

come back Tuesday ... will all be forgotten

Put the feelers out for a nurse or doctor friend. Say you fell down the stairs and being taken to hospital. Get your pal to plaster cast your arm and hey presto! You will have to carry on wearing it for a good month or so but drastic times.....

asae said:
Put the feelers out for a nurse or doctor friend. Say you fell down the stairs and being taken to hospital. Get your pal to plaster cast your arm and hey presto! You will have to carry on wearing it for a good month or so but drastic times.....

Lmao think we have the solution here.

Why not just send your tent down with your mates and turn up in the evening.
Then all you need to do is ditch ya stuff in your tent and get on it.
Then monday try and get up early and go straight to work.

Your fatal error was asking for the time offin future don't risk it just go on the sick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.