Some people will not like this thread re: home tickets......

I wouldn't dream of making money out of someone like this, whether I know them or not. Our whole society is full of greedy people and I'd rather be one of the decent ones. It's a tiny contribution towards making our society better. Profiteering out of people just doesn't sit well with me.

Last home game of the season I was given 2 tickets by Tangaroa on here. My brother and I were already going but this generosity meant my 7 yr old son and his grandad could watch the closing spectacle of the greatest season I have ever witnessed (ive only been a fan for 40 yrs lol).

some jolly decent chaps on here typify all thats blue.

Without wishing to dampen the love in, I think we need to be realistic. It's ok having a mutual back slapping scenario going on about how people don't charge for a ticket they can't use and I respect and admire those that are kind enough to offer their ticket free of charge. It's a great gesture towards people who perhaps couldn't afford to go otherwise.

By the same token a lot of people go without other things so that they can buy their season ticket. In my opinion such people shouldn't be criticised for taking a fair price for their ticket when, perhaps the money might go towards other things they might need at that time. I personally don't see it as taking advantage and from my own perspective as a non season ticket holder at present, I am happy to pay a reasonable price to use someone's season ticket. It matters not what they do with the money, but if it means that they are in the unfortunate position of not being able to go, and the money comes in handy for them, then its a win win.

Franny Lee's Barrel Chest said:
Without wishing to dampen the love in, I think we need to be realistic. It's ok having a mutual back slapping scenario going on about how people don't charge for a ticket they can't use and I respect and admire those that are kind enough to offer their ticket free of charge. It's a great gesture towards people who perhaps couldn't afford to go otherwise.

By the same token a lot of people go without other things so that they can buy their season ticket. In my opinion such people shouldn't be criticised for taking a fair price for their ticket when, perhaps the money might go towards other things they might need at that time. I personally don't see it as taking advantage and from my own perspective as a non season ticket holder at present, I am happy to pay a reasonable price to use someone's season ticket. It matters not what they do with the money, but if it means that they are in the unfortunate position of not being able to go, and the money comes in handy for them, then its a win win.

Nobody is being criticised for anything! I personally won't charge for mine, but will only give to a genuine blue and bluemooner. I thought it would be a good gesture, as we are mostly a big happy family on here.

Re: Re: Some people will not like this thread re: home tickets..

1_barry_conlon said:
Few of us always give ours away to mates for nowt. Something we've always done.

Though there has been times when we've not been able to give them away. Think the Pearce era!!!
Same as this

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

once i've paid for the season ticket thats it, i don't expect to then sell the ticket on to other fans if i can't attend. Then again I wouldn't give it to a complete stranger either, it has to be someone I know or my friends know.

beano46 said:
As the OP says the games are already payed for, I for one wouldn't charge anyone for the use of my ticket

That's not how I see it. You've paid for something you're unable to attend. If you'd bought on a Citycard then you'd go for a refund. Yet it's different on a Seasoncard?

Expecting payment when you're not helping a personal friend isn't unreasonable. For example, I couldn't make Leicester away last season so I sold my ticket to r.soleofsalford. He's a nice Fella but no chance was he having it for free!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.