FA CUP final 2012

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
It's because of the Euro's. Only three teams in the entire history of the FA Cup since 1923 have retained the trophy. I hope we make it number 4!

Spurs are definitely two of them, they won it again the year after beating us and also won it the year after doing the double in 1961.

lancs blue said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
It's because of the Euro's. Only three teams in the entire history of the FA Cup since 1923 have retained the trophy. I hope we make it number 4!

Spurs are definitely two of them, they won it again the year after beating us and also won it the year after doing the double in 1961.

Newcastle, Spurs and Chelsea are the three teams who have retained the FA Cup. Spurs have actually done it twice.

blueshortshorts said:
scheduled for 5th May...premiership finishes the week after. Why is this, I could understand it last year because of the CL final, but we need to get back to having it as the final game of the season
There will actually be Premier League games on the same day again and it will kick off at 5.15pm. They want to have a 4-week break before the Euros start and the Premier League's broadcast contracts stipulate that a certain amount of games MUST take place at weekends.

For that reason, there's no free weekend to hold the FA Cup final on and it can't take place on the final weekend of the season because of the need for every team to play their last game at the same time. Agent Dave says it should be back to normal from 2013.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/12/2012-fa-cup-final-premier-league" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... ier-league</a>

sos to change the subject slightly, anyone know when the charity shield tickets will b going on sale? and how many we get.?
thanks

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.