New supporters/interest in City.

Didsbury Dave said:
What really matters at the moment are the kids. We lost a generation to united. Are we reversing that trend yet? I don't know, anyone with kids in Manchester schools?

Good post, Plus kudo's to the parents that kept the blue supporters coming through the hard times, i know some kids wouldnt have it any other way, but i'm sure there were plenty who needed their arms twisted.

Didsbury Dave said:
What really matters at the moment are the kids. We lost a generation to united. Are we reversing that trend yet? I don't know, anyone with kids in Manchester schools?

i used to take my nephew to football training about 10 years ago, he was 8, you only got the odd 1 with a city top, i take my own 8 year old lad to the same club today and there are about 30% so there is an increase. It is in bandit country though, but still.
I cant see us ending up like that other lot though.

Ticket For Schalke said:
Didsbury Dave said:

Good post, Plus kudo's to the parents that kept the blue supporters coming through the hard times, i know some kids wouldnt have it any other way, but i'm sure there were plenty who needed their arms twisted.

I only live in cheshire but at my sons sports day yesterday the kids in city shirts out numbered the rags for the first time i can remember.

i can only speak from this side of the water but were i am from jus outside belfast there has been little or no increase in city support that i have noticed , we r few and far between over here among the masses of dippers , rags nd plastic chelskis but i would say depending on success our numbers will certainly increase.To be honest in my youth i wasnt intersted much in english football i was brought up to support rangers as thats jus the way it is over here , My own personal introduction to city was during my last few years in school , what brought me to city was my infactuation with oasis and what confirmed me as a blue 4 life was gillingham 99 i still remember that day vividly and the emotion it brought

belfast blue 00 said:
i can only speak from this side of the water but were i am from jus outside belfast there has been little or no increase in city support that i have noticed , we r few and far between over here among the masses of dippers , rags nd plastic chelskis but i would say depending on success our numbers will certainly increase.To be honest in my youth i wasnt intersted much in english football i was brought up to support rangers as thats jus the way it is over here , My own personal introduction to city was during my last few years in school , what brought me to city was my infactuation with oasis and what confirmed me as a blue 4 life was gillingham 99 i still remember that day vividly and the emotion it brought
I'm the same, brought up Celtic mind. Got into City when I lived in Manchester.

I've noticed a good few blues (apart from the lads I met cup final day in laverys) up my way the past few years, we don't seem to walk about in kits or hats or scarves like the rags and dippers do, I've been stopped in the street or pub a good few times when I've got my City top on though. Even a couple of lads in my old work were big into City.

McnabsMustache83 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

i used to take my nephew to football training about 10 years ago, he was 8, you only got the odd 1 with a city top, i take my own 8 year old lad to the same club today and there are about 30% so there is an increase. It is in bandit country though, but still.
at my lads club under 7s in swinton last night there were 4 city tops (2 were my lads)and almost 30 united and 5 barcelona

goatinho said:
McnabsMustache83 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

at my lads club under 7s in swinton last night there were 4 city tops (2 were my lads)and almost 30 united and 5 barcelona

Its good when you tell him to get stook in then, no remorse, have you showed him the zab man video yet.

dowty said:
I live in cannock, staffordshire and have been a blue all my life, (renewed 2 weeks ago) only a few blues i know around here. I just hate it though when people i meet knowing there is not a big city following in this area just think ime a glory hunter and have just started supporting them GRRRRRR...

I hear that! I'm in sunny Shropshire and feel compelled to wear my old shirts these days for the very same reasons. Sick of justifying myself to all and sundry, just because we have finally won a pot! ho hum looks like I'm gonna have to learn to live with it ;-D

Didsbury Dave said:

Yess!! I have a son who is three already have him wearing his strip as regularly as possible can't wait to take him to his first game, i have two younger brothers in Trinty high school hulme who are obviously both City and cousins who are season ticket holders one in Kingsway one still in primary. They all tell me there are plenty of young blues floating about! Things will change and lets face it i went to school in sale moor stupidly out numbered by plastic rags about 20 to 1 but guess who regularly goes to matches home and away?? Think one of my mates from school is a regular at the swamp yet the few blues who went we all go home and away!! And a point to the op yes definitely more people roaming around Manc and fuck knows where else with City gear on but it is a welcome change from seeing plastic rags everywhere!! Maybe a few have crawled outta the woodwork now they are feeling a little more proud to be City??? I do recall always seeing people about in City strips from a young age though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.