Strike on 30th June

SWP's back said:
Lucky13 said:
Got a letter off the daughters school yesterday , year 9 and 10 have got a day off on Thursday.

As this strike is about paying more into their own pension, why couldn't they have had a protest march in their own time , they've got a 6 week holiday in 3 weeks time.

Because no one would give a shit. Whereas the lovely teachers just want to disrupt and don't give a shit if it means you having to take time off work/spend money on childcare or just that your kids lose a days teaching.
Any industrial action that doesn't cause disruption is worthless. It's meant to fuck up the system, otherwise why would anybody take any notice?

tommyducks said:
SWP's back said:
Lucky13 said:
Got a letter off the daughters school yesterday , year 9 and 10 have got a day off on Thursday.

As this strike is about paying more into their own pension, why couldn't they have had a protest march in their own time , they've got a 6 week holiday in 3 weeks time.

Because no one would give a shit. Whereas the lovely teachers just want to disrupt and don't give a shit if it means you having to take time off work/spend money on childcare or just that your kids lose a days teaching.
Any industrial action that doesn't cause disruption is worthless. It's meant to fuck up the system, otherwise why would anybody take any notice?

A bit like streaking at a sports event instead of at home and just as worthwhile.

Good to see my old school still open tomorrow though.

tommyducks said:
SWP's back said:
Lucky13 said:

My post was tongue in cheek , obviously they're not going to disrupt their six week holiday.

Please can no one reply to BB2 as he us just an attention seeking whore who is obviously unhappy in his own life. To judge all public sector staff as he has shows a distinct lack of intelligence and knowledge. I think the general rule on BM is that he is an idiot anyhow.

Chrisja1000 said:
Please can no one reply to BB2 as he us just an attention seeking whore who is obviously unhappy in his own life. To judge all public sector staff as he has shows a distinct lack of intelligence and knowledge. I think the general rule on BM is that he is an idiot anyhow.

My CV and headhunters may well disagree. Weak.<br /><br />-- Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:47 am --<br /><br />
gordondaviesmoustache said:
brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Can everyone note the following;

Public sector workers DESERVE a higher than average pension.

Public sector workers MUST retire earlier than the rest of us.

Public sector workers HAVE to have their precious 'flexi time'

They are among the most lazy, work-shy incompetent numb skulls this country have to offer and yet they have the neck to hold the rest of us to ransom and blame those nasty tories (NOT Tony and his cronies who let the bankers play Russian Roulette with our futures!)

Utterly, utterly thick, blind individuals who HATE to see people getting rich from hard work and risk taking.

I really hope Cameron steps up to the plate here and sacks the lot of them- ANYONE who strikes- lets see how they get on in the real world.

People in the private sector know what it's about.

Good to see you're not generalising as only a halfwit would do that.

My brother and mother both work in the public sector and they both work longer hours than pretty much anyone I know in the private sector.

Just because the public sector (and pensions) need reforming doesn't mean that we can function as a civilised society without one.

As for the 'real world' what exactly is that? I bet you wouldn't survive five minutes in the industries I've worked in, especially as the first pre-requisite was engaging with people and having a personality.

My CV and headhunters may well disagree. Weak.

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Chrisja1000 said:

-- Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:47 am --

brooklandsblue2.0 said:

They are among the most lazy, work-shy incompetent numb skulls this country have to offer and yet they have the neck to hold the rest of us to ransom and blame those nasty tories (NOT Tony and his cronies who let the bankers play Russian Roulette with our futures!)

Utterly, utterly thick, blind individuals who HATE to see people getting rich from hard work and risk taking.

I really hope Cameron steps up to the plate here and sacks the lot of them- ANYONE who strikes- lets see how they get on in the real world.

My brother and mother both work in the public sector and they both work longer hours than pretty much anyone I know in the private sector.

Just because the public sector (and pensions) need reforming doesn't mean that we can function as a civilised society without one.

As for the 'real world' what exactly is that? I bet you wouldn't survive five minutes in the industries I've worked in, especially as the first pre-requisite was engaging with people and having a personality.

I like you BB, you rarely fail to make me smile

The strikers want the following -

1. to pay about the same proportion of their wages into a pension scheme as private sector workers.

2. to retire 6 years earlier than private sector workers.

3. to get much higher pension payments when they retire than private sector workers.

4. to have their pension schemes subsided by billions of pounds of tax cash from everyone so they can retire early on these fantastic pensions.

What a selfish, greedy bunch they are.

urmston said:

1. to pay about the same proportion of their wages into a pension scheme as private sector workers.

3. to get much higher pension payments when they retire than private sector workers.

4. to have their pension schemes subsided by billions of pounds of tax cash from everyone so they can retire early on these fantastic pensions.

Top one is wrong. They want to pay 6% in.

Most in private sector are advised to pay atleast 15%

urmston said:

Its so funny that this day has arrived. The picnic is over kids- step in line or face the consequences!

brooklandsblue2.0 said:
Chrisja1000 said:

-- Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:47 am --

brooklandsblue2.0 said:

Your CV? Anyone can create a work of fiction. A bit like your persona.

And headhunters? What is this? 1988?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.