New home kit?

Shaelumstash said:
Pigeonho said:
Shaelumstash has made my day with his rant! Losing our identity? More dramatic than an episode of eastenders that! It's still City, just City in different colour shorts. Not a big fan of the blue shorts thing myself, but at the end of the day, and when all is said and done, who really cares?!

If City turned up to play our home games next season wearing white shirts, what would your reaction be? City, just City in a different colour?

The only City "tradition" is a sky blue shirt, and even that has been varied shades and had hugely varying trim.

We've had maroon socks, navy socks, striped socks, sky blue socks. We've had plain white shorts, shorts with trim and for periods in our history we've had blue shorts.

When I grew up City wore all sky blue with umbro trim.

It isn't a sacred cow, it doesn't matter a jot. Worry about something important like how we're going to replace Tevez or whether we will change our italian style.

Life's too short mate...

Shaelumstash said:
Pigeonho said:
Shaelumstash has made my day with his rant! Losing our identity? More dramatic than an episode of eastenders that! It's still City, just City in different colour shorts. Not a big fan of the blue shorts thing myself, but at the end of the day, and when all is said and done, who really cares?!

If City turned up to play our home games next season wearing white shirts, what would your reaction be? City, just City in a different colour?
But the shorts are different to the kit. As mentioned previously, Liverpool used to wear white shorts but changed to red ones. We used to play in white ones but are now changing to blue ones. The powers that be obviously believe it looks better to have all the same colour. Changing the shirt is an entirely different thing altogether and wouldn't happen.

Didsbury Dave said:
Shaelumstash said:
Pigeonho said:

The only City "tradition" is a sky blue shirt, and even that has been varied shades and had hugely varying trim.

We've had maroon socks, navy socks, striped socks, sky blue socks. We've had plain white shorts, shorts with trim and for periods in our history we've had blue shorts.

It isn't a sacred cow, it doesn't matter a jot. Worry about something important like how we're going to replace Tevez or whether we will change our italian style.

Life's too short mate...

Haha you just cant help yourself. Im guessing you hate the video's on the official site seeing Mancini getting on with the lads?

All blue? Who cares?

[bigimg]http://shop.sportsworldcards.com/ekmps/shops/sportsworld/images/manchester-city-brian-kidd-85-topps-1978-orange-back-football-trading-card-8492-p.jpg[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSufT9Mr7dSW8PB7TRaMPJ1XX97OVarF8pprhu7xaAR4BOGdrWFpg[/bigimg]

Remember lazer blue shirts?
I'm just glad to be back in our own fucking blue!

Ticket For Schalke said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Shaelumstash said:

Life's too short mate...

Haha you just cant help yourself. Im guessing you hate the video's on the official site seeing Mancini getting on with the lads?

Ooooooh an attack dog. PMSL

Wasn't expecting any in this thread but it just shows you can't be too careful...

Down boy, gnaw on a bone or something. This thread's for melodramatic traditionalists, not you and your angry ilk ;-)

Sultana of Brunei said:
Ric said:
uncle charlie wilson said:
Haha. You weren't joking then when you said he was "fairly vocal"?

I'll bet the atmosphere immediately following was of jovial goodwill punctuated with gratuitous backslapping.

Good ol' Umbro.

To be fair, I think he left of his own accord eventually. To the next boozer down the road.

Don't think he was particularly aggrieved with the sky blue shorts, seemed more of a rant about life in general. I'm not convinced he knew entirely where he was.

Great entertainment though, love him or loathe him he's a Mancunian institution in himself. Surely Umbro knew what they were getting. It'd be a bit rich if they suddenly complained he didn't tow the corporate line.

I remember at last year's kit launch seeing a visibly drunk Smith "debating" City's transfer policy to a very sober, very straight laced member of the board of directors outside a bar in the Northern Quarter. It was a sight to behold.

It was one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time though a bit embarassing as he was sat next to me and he was attracting more attention than the Umbro fella on stage.

His rant started the minute he walked through the door and covered topics as varied as 'Mike Doyle should have kicked George Bests head off' through to 'that Liam knobheads suddenly a big blue eh?' . His views on stripey socks and engrained soundwaves were a continuation on that theme.

"Come on Mark. Let's go outside for a smoke"

Possibly my finest hour. Especially as when we got outside Cressa from the Roses was there!

"....and the soundwaves represent...." (MES blows loud raspberry) Absolutely hilarious.

Didsbury Dave said:
Shaelumstash said:
Pigeonho said:

Life's too short mate...

thank you for making this point.

Didsbury Dave said:
Shaelumstash said:
Pigeonho said:

Life's too short mate...

We've had lots of sock variations - so have the Rags, Arse, etc. etc. - however if you have a look, around the early 60's all the top teams seem to have settled on their kits and from then on there is very little variation - the rags always red/white/black etc.
Whereas we are all over the fucking place that's all i'm getting at!
We have had sky blue shorts before - and in the 70's/80's it was acceptable as it was just sky blue and white. I think it's the inclusion of navy blue that really takes it away from truly being a City kit!

Pigeonho said:
Shaelumstash said:
Pigeonho said:

But the shorts are different to the kit. As mentioned previously, Liverpool used to wear white shorts but changed to red ones. We used to play in white ones but are now changing to blue ones. The powers that be obviously believe it looks better to have all the same colour. Changing the shirt is an entirely different thing altogether and wouldn't happen.

I'm not sure that bit in bold makes sense? Surely the shorts are part of the kit? 'The powers that be' aren't always right though. I'm not sure what's important to you, maybe it's the cheese, the cup scheme, Garry Cook's sometimes misguided comments, I'm sure there are things you think the powers that be have got wrong. For me this is one of them.

Yeh Liverpool changed to all red in the 60s and have stuck with it since. The don't have white shorts one season, red the next, stripy socks, white socks, they wear all red every season. They don't mess much with that kit now because it is the de-facto Liverpool kit. Same with United, Juve, Inter, Real, AC, you don't see them wearing different colour shorts or socks from season to season. I think City deserve the same amount of respect for tradition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.