Where do the majority of city fans come from?

Manchester.

THIS MIGHT BE OF INTEREST.
Just before we moved to the COMS, the Northenden Branch of the Official Supporters Club held their inaugeral club meeting which was attended by Dennis Tueart and others.
One of the topics of conversation was the proposed size of the new stadium and consideration was being given as to whether it would be made into a 50 or 60 thousand seater stadium.
Part of the clubs reasoning behind the now 48000 capacity was that the then current fan base and ticket damands indicated that 50000 ish would be enough.
What Dennis said next was quite a shock as he told us that 35%, yes 35% of our then current fan base lived in the south east, taken from ticket sales and season ticket holders membership details!!!!!!!
I visit Surrey and the Eastbourne/Bexhill area quite often and on 2 occasions have tried to return back to Manchester early by seeking a spare seat on a coach/mini bus, or in a car run from supporters clubs with no luck as they were full!!
I also remember travelling back early doors from Dorking for our final game at Maine Road and remember seeing dozens of cars, mini buses and a number of coaches carrying blues, the number increased from Shroppshire onwards.
Now I know we take the piss out of the rags for their out of town supporters but in all honesty it's obvious we have a fair few who travel from all over the country and even from abroad so this little exercise will be interesting, so long as it's honest of course??!!

Stockport.

i`m from irlam .... which is in stockport.................

stockport . by the way is a MASSIVE 4 miles from city centre manchester...

Born and bred in clayton, just down the road from where city play now.
I used to go to ravensbury junior school,thats the school where you can park on matchdays....left in 81,so I'm giving my age away.
Any one else go there then?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

From Stretford - but have lived in many different cities/ towns around the country. Chelmsford is my latest haunt.

A LOT of City around here. Seem to be the second best supported team in Essex (after West Ham).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.