Elbow (band)

Blue Tooth said:
My mate drives the tour bus and is really tight with them...he says they're not into football.

-- Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:42 am --

citygal1 said:
ChrisBee said:
I was in the same year at school as the lads out of Kid British, I think they're split between us and the rags.

I know this is going back a bit, but weren't 10cc blues? There's a whole list on here:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_City_F.C._supporters#Famous_fans

Alan Carr? ha doesnt strike me as a city fan.

His dad was the manager of Northampton.

I know im sure hes said on his programme though that he was made to go and watch and would take a book.

LeeOnePen said:
The band have said on a number of occasions that "none of us are into football". So it's clearly bollocks.

They're all from Bury and most have moved back there. Guy (singer) moved out of the city centre to somewhere near Heaton park. The only exception is Pete the bassist who lives up the road from me in Chorlton.

In terms of musicians who support city I think we're struggling. The gallaghers turn up to wembley and fulham away, badly drawn boy doesn't turn up, jimi Goodwin (doves) cracks on as a city fan but near block 120 there's a poster suing his first game was the mid 90s. Brought up a rag and converted. I don't know about kid British, but he could sit next to me at the ground and I wouldn't know who he was. Any others?

I know for a fact that both the Doves and Badly Drawn Boy go to most games as they all sit opposite me in Colin Bell stand Lvl 2 they sit below the big screen on the front row, the lad from Kid British sits near us too.

Elbow: We're just like Manchester City
Elbow's drummer Richard Jupp believes the band's slow rise to success is just like that experienced by his football team Manchester City.

The Bury rock band formed in 1991 but didn't hit the big time until their fourth album, The Seldom Seen Kid, went double platinum in 2008.

They further cemented their position at the top when their next album, Build A Rocket Boys, went to number two in the charts in March this year.

Jupp is now hoping City can follow suit by building on last season's FA Cup victory and confirming their place among the Premier League's biggest clubs.

'You could mirror Elbow with City. It has been a bit of a slow burner for the band - we've been together for 20 years now and it's amazing,' he told the Sun.

'A couple of tracks, Grounds For Divorce and One Day Like This, were the big players and they did us a load of favours.

'That's what makes our path so similar to City. We've been under the radar for so long.'

Elbow this week saw Build A Rocket Boys nominated for the Mercury Prize, giving them a chance to become the first act to win it twice, following their success in 2008.

given_is_ironman said:
LeeOnePen said:
The band have said on a number of occasions that "none of us are into football". So it's clearly bollocks.

They're all from Bury and most have moved back there. Guy (singer) moved out of the city centre to somewhere near Heaton park. The only exception is Pete the bassist who lives up the road from me in Chorlton.

In terms of musicians who support city I think we're struggling. The gallaghers turn up to wembley and fulham away, badly drawn boy doesn't turn up, jimi Goodwin (doves) cracks on as a city fan but near block 120 there's a poster suing his first game was the mid 90s. Brought up a rag and converted. I don't know about kid British, but he could sit next to me at the ground and I wouldn't know who he was. Any others?

I know for a fact that both the Doves and Badly Drawn Boy go to most games as they all sit opposite me in Colin Bell stand Lvl 2 they sit below the big screen on the front row, the lad from Kid British sits near us too.

In that case, I apologise.

Don't know about their football teams, but they are real ale drinkers and are about to launch their own cask beer called Build a rocket boys produced by Robinsons Brewery, launching it at the Manchester food and drink festival in October!

I sing in a band called Elbowroom and I'm a massive blue.

We get mistaken for Elbow (even though we sing at weddings and corporate functions)

I shall take the praise for being the Blue in Elbow........ room

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.