Champions League - seat relocations

Don`t recollect having a dig at you,as your thread was correct and to the point.
But for people to come on here and blame the Club,when it clearly states under the OS Heading "Tickets etc" that Cup Tickest cannot be guaranteed,for those expecting their usual ST seats.
If I and many more read the OS,why can`t others understand what the OS is all about ??
Its there as a reference point for various things connected to the club ie FANS !!<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:41 am --<br /><br />
Scooby Blue said:
oakiecokie said:
pedigreeblue said:
My point is me and what i can see as the majority of other season ticket holders where not aware of the implications of not being in the Cup scheme, so perhaps just putting a note about it on the OS is not sufficient. I feel the club could have gone to a little more effort to keep us informed. I realise they perhaps have a thankless task in keeping everyone happy due to the logistics of the champions league games, but it would help if we were kept informed in a more direct manner than expecting us to pick up everything that is posted on the OS.

I will state this again to you "YOU HAVE LOST THE BATTLE,GIVE IT UP AS A BAD JOB AND JUST ADMIT IT IS YOU WHO IS IN THE WRONG AND NOT THE CLUB"
Why is it that other supporters read the OS,which is there for YOUR benefit.
Moan for fucking moaning sake you saddo !!!

To oakiecoakie:
There is no need to be so offensive to other blues.
I started this thread to warn other fans, not as a moan...but it has turned into a name calling exercise (like so many threads on bluemoon) largely because of your heated contributions.

If you take the time to read the thread, you will see that contributors are split roughly 50/50 between disgruntled fans - unhappy about the lack of prior warning ....and the "shut up / take it like a man / stop whinging / you should have read the small print / its not the club's fault / I'm alright Jack brigade...of which you + gingerthai are the cheerleaders.

I read Bluemoon most days + check the OS most days as well...yet the first time I was aware of the Level 2 relocations for CL was a phonecall from the ticket office this week.
Running a business properly is about expectations management...not about the small print.
If I supply your firm with goods + deliver the next day for 10 years in a row...you may be a bit surprised when your latest order takes 2 weeks to arrive.
If you ring up + ask where your order is....and I say "read the small print ...I have never guaranteed next-day delivery ...its in the T+C...you will have to wait 2 weeks...tough luck....goodbye." You may be less than impressed.

If I ring up + explain that there is a problem with the delivery at the earliest opportunity (i.e. the next day) you may not be happy but at least you understand that I value you as a customer and am doing what I can to keep you informed.

As far as this relates to City....if I see one more post pointing out that Cup scheme membership does NOT GUARANTEE ME MY SPECIFIC SEAT....I will lose the will to live.

I GET IT. AND SO DO THE OTHER FANS THAT ARE UNHAPPY.

That is not what we are unhappy about.
In my particular case (and some others on this thread who have voiced similar concerns) I am disappointed that we were not informed earlier of the fact / possibility that despite being members of the Cup scheme we would not be able to access our seats for CL games.

I suspect the Ticket Office have been sitting on this over the summer...and whilst the NEED to move people is not their fault....the MANNER in which it has been handled is their problem.

You obviously don`t read it well enough then !!

oakiecokie said:
gingerthai said:
PistonBlue said:
I'm suggesting the club should have been more honest to everybody.

Are you suggesting the club were not as open with the truth as they might have been?

No. What i'm saying is what i said many pages ago. Those in the cup scheme who are being relocated get a choice on where they want to move. Your correct in your assumption that cup scheme members are being treated better than none cup scheme members. That's how it should be. There has to be perks to joining the cup scheme to make people want to sign up. People who pay up front get better privileges than those who don't. Thats not just at City its anywhere.

-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:29 am --

PistonBlue said:
It should have been in the membership booklet, if only for those people without internet access.

Many people who have internet access didnt bother reading it. So whos to say they would bother flicking through a book and reading it there?

I`m suprised by PistonBlue remarks over the booklet as even in this day and age people do suffer from dyslexia.
The adage "clutching at straws" certainly springs to mind for him !

How is it clutching at straws to suggest serious issues about membership and cup schemes should have been written in the Membership 2011/2012 booklet?

PistonBlue said:
oakiecokie said:
gingerthai said:
No. What i'm saying is what i said many pages ago. Those in the cup scheme who are being relocated get a choice on where they want to move. Your correct in your assumption that cup scheme members are being treated better than none cup scheme members. That's how it should be. There has to be perks to joining the cup scheme to make people want to sign up. People who pay up front get better privileges than those who don't. Thats not just at City its anywhere.

-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:29 am --

Many people who have internet access didnt bother reading it. So whos to say they would bother flicking through a book and reading it there?

I`m suprised by PistonBlue remarks over the booklet as even in this day and age people do suffer from dyslexia.

How is it clutching at straws to suggest serious issues about membership and cup schemes should have been written in the Membership 2011/2012 booklet?

Bloody hell PB-Are you still going on about this..I habe copied the following for you especially and put it on another thread.It would appear you are ignoring that one mate!! Take note...

For everyone who keeps blaming city for not highlighting these things.....

Here it is from the OS.

With City’s entry into the Carling Cup coming up later this month, we’d like to remind supporters of the benefits of signing up to our Carling Cup Scheme.

Holders Birmingham City visit the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday, 21 September, and those with Platinum and Gold membership who have yet to register with the scheme still have the chance to do so.

Signing up to the Carling Cup Scheme means that match tickets up to (but not including) the quarter final in this competition will be capped at £15, you’ll get priority access to Carling Cup away and Final tickets if applicable and bonus loyalty points will also be awarded.

Please be aware that unless you register with the Carling Cup Scheme, your regular Seasonal seat is not guaranteed to be available*. In instances where regular seats are unavailable, those on the Carling Cup Scheme will be given priority relocation options ahead of those who are not on the scheme.

To register with the Carling Cup Scheme, go online, call 0161 444 1894 or drop in to the box office at the Etihad Stadium, above the CityStore.

* unless it is otherwise unavailable due to the closure of an area or requirements of UEFA, The FA or The Football League.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
PistonBlue said:
oakiecokie said:

Bloody hell PB-Are you still going on about this..I habe copied the following for you especially and put it on another thread.It would appear you are ignoring that one mate!! Take note...

Here it is from the OS.

With City’s entry into the Carling Cup coming up later this month, we’d like to remind supporters of the benefits of signing up to our Carling Cup Scheme.

Holders Birmingham City visit the Etihad Stadium on Wednesday, 21 September, and those with Platinum and Gold membership who have yet to register with the scheme still have the chance to do so.

Signing up to the Carling Cup Scheme means that match tickets up to (but not including) the quarter final in this competition will be capped at £15, you’ll get priority access to Carling Cup away and Final tickets if applicable and bonus loyalty points will also be awarded.

Please be aware that unless you register with the Carling Cup Scheme, your regular Seasonal seat is not guaranteed to be available*. In instances where regular seats are unavailable, those on the Carling Cup Scheme will be given priority relocation options ahead of those who are not on the scheme.

To register with the Carling Cup Scheme, go online, call 0161 444 1894 or drop in to the box office at the Etihad Stadium, above the CityStore.

* unless it is otherwise unavailable due to the closure of an area or requirements of UEFA, The FA or The Football League.

Watch out your dealing in facts. They dont like that as they can't say anything against it. You will just be told your part of the i'm alright Jack brigade (a.k.a. i actually bothered to find out brigade.)

gingerthai said:
PistonBlue said:

Here it is from the OS.

Watch out your dealing in facts. They dont like that as they can't say anything against it. You will just be told your part of the i'm alright Jack brigade (a.k.a. i actually bothered to find out brigade.)

GT-I have even started another thread on this to let people know the offer is still there-JUST POSTED ON THE OS FOR THOSE THAT WANT PERSONAL EMAILS!

Makes me piss-it really does. City is a business and need to get bums on seats. The fact that our cup crowds were crap last season highlighted this. People blame the club,the date they get paid,or anything other than themselves!! Yeah..I am alright Jack because I bothered to look and make sure I was happy. Being in the south stand Level 2 I will probably be moved out for the Fa cup games-ala reading,Notts county last season but I accept that. What was the saying again..

There are none so blind as those that don't wish to see!!!!!!!

pedigreeblue said:
oakiecokie said:
gingerthai said:
That part he has put up was under the membership FAQs, you would have thought with membership being new this year most people would have taken the time to read it.

Correct ginge mate,but even thats too difficult for one or two on here or they couldn`t be arsed.
Thats the whole point of having an OS,so that supporters can get information on ticket sales etc.
Unfortunately some numpties still believe they should have received an official e-mail from Sheikh Mansour !!! ;)

-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:17 am --

pedigreeblue said:
My point is me and what i can see as the majority of other season ticket holders where not aware of the implications of not being in the Cup scheme, so perhaps just putting a note about it on the OS is not sufficient. I feel the club could have gone to a little more effort to keep us informed. I realise they perhaps have a thankless task in keeping everyone happy due to the logistics of the champions league games, but it would help if we were kept informed in a more direct manner than expecting us to pick up everything that is posted on the OS.

Is that a FACT or mere speculation on your part ????

Going by a little straw poll i have done amongst friends with season cards and the reaction of a number of people on this forum i would say it is a pretty good estimation, the following days and the night of the game will probably give us a better idea. If it is found that the vast majority of season ticket holders being effected feel hard done by, and were not aware of the implications of not being in the cup scheme would you perhaps adopt a little less patronising and smug atittude, and accept the club could and should have done more...( i some how feel you won't..!)

Think you`ll find that there are more people who know about the Cup Scheme that don`t, based on your "little straw poll"
On this thread alone the people who appear not to have understand are shinpads,lord lewis,pedigreeblue,pistonblue,santiago street and yourself TOTAL 6 !!
Those who know are squirtyflower,danebanksheik,gingerthai,el-bee,Rammy-Blue,St.Helens Blue and myself,TOTAL 7.
So now you backtrack and say "Well a straw poll with my friends ..." which indicates they too dont/can`t be arsed reading the OS.<br /><br />-- Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:03 pm --<br /><br />
gingerthai said:

Here it is from the OS.

GT-I have even started another thread on this to let people know the offer is still there-JUST POSTED ON THE OS FOR THOSE THAT WANT PERSONAL EMAILS!

Makes me piss-it really does. City is a business and need to get bums on seats. The fact that our cup crowds were crap last season highlighted this. People blame the club,the date they get paid,or anything other than themselves!! Yeah..I am alright Jack because I bothered to look and make sure I was happy. Being in the south stand Level 2 I will probably be moved out for the Fa cup games-ala reading,Notts county last season but I accept that. What was the saying again..

There are none so blind as those that don't wish to see!!!!!!!

And I bet a pound to a pint,that these will be the same people who would claim that their ST belongs to them and them alone.

frustrated_businessman_with_head_in_hands_at_desk_pe0074493.jpg

Pointless just pointless!

mcfc_ms said:
Has anyone been informed of where they have been relocated to?

I filled in the online form last week but didn't get a confirmation page or email back. Anyone else not get one either?
Yes me and they have taken the price of two adults just tried phoning them for three qtrs of an hour then it came up you have 45 more minutes, so I rang the ticket sales got through straight away he said not my department cannot do anything for you, talk about being fkd about

mancunial said:
mcfc_ms said:

I filled in the online form last week but didn't get a confirmation page or email back. Anyone else not get one either?
Yes me and they have taken the price of two adults just tried phoning them for three qtrs of an hour then it came up you have 45 more minutes, so I rang the ticket sales got through straight away he said not my department cannot do anything for you, talk about being fkd about

Now on that subject you have my sympathy and I cannot defend the Club.
That really is shit and needs addressing.

oakiecokie said:
mancunial said:
mcfc_ms said:

Now on that subject you have my sympathy and I cannot defend the Club.
That really is shit and needs addressing.

That's why I emailed Danny Wilson-He got back to me asap and sorted my issue.

Re the seat-Yeah I kicked off with City last year. Told them that I wasn't happy that someone from Nottingham had sat in my seat that I had "OWNED" for the last 8 yrs!!! FFS.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.