The Liverpool Thread

Re: RAWK

JoeMercer'sWay said:
gingerthai said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Dear RAWK,

Prior to 1st Sep 2008 we had 7837 users registered to the site, we now 31171. That means that just over 25%(a quarter if you were looting bins instead of sitting your SATS) of our users were here before the takeover.

Now it wouldn't be hard to imagine that as this site has grown more and more city fans have heard about it and signed up. And, as the fortunes of our club have improved and technology has improved more and more city fans have sought to discuss their club with fellow blues? Added to the influx of other club's fans as we are the best football forum out there then you can see why our userbase has grown.

Of course, I expect that RAWK had 5 million users 20 years before Bill Shankly turned up, and I'm sure Thongchai, Klaus and Henning are among your most loyal supporters, real proper scousers eh?

As regards Bellamy, well you just bought a Championship player from last season, guy we don't need anymore, have fun.

To be honest you can't always go off peoples names. Mine came about because i like Thai food. I'm not from Thailand and have no links at all with the country. A few people have mistakenly thought i am because of the name. Maybe i need a name change.

I was referring to the perception that Liverpool have a lot of fans in Europe, Scandinavia and Asia, and poking fun that most likely people like that have more posts on their forum than actual Liverpool supporters, as they seem to think they are better than us because our forum is growing year on year yet it's all down to glory hunters.

I knew what you were getting at, and your right. They do have a lot of gloryhunters, but the way they talk on Rawk you would think only scousers support them. This forums growth may be partly down to our continued growth as a club but there is nothing wrong with that. The only reason i made reference to the names was to show sometimes all is not what it seems.

gingerthai said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
gingerthai said:
To be honest you can't always go off peoples names. Mine came about because i like Thai food. I'm not from Thailand and have no links at all with the country. A few people have mistakenly thought i am because of the name. Maybe i need a name change.

I was referring to the perception that Liverpool have a lot of fans in Europe, Scandinavia and Asia, and poking fun that most likely people like that have more posts on their forum than actual Liverpool supporters, as they seem to think they are better than us because our forum is growing year on year yet it's all down to glory hunters.

I knew what you were getting at, and your right. They do have a lot of gloryhunters, but the way they talk on Rawk you would think only scousers support them. This forums growth may be partly down to our continued growth as a club but there is nothing wrong with that. The only reason i made reference to the names was to show sometimes all is not what it seems.

i wasn't referring to anyone in particular, and if I was it would be real names, not usernames.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
gingerthai said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

i wasn't referring to anyone in particular, and if I was it would be real names, not usernames.

I know mate, i didn't think you where referring to anyone. I was explaining why i said that a username might not mean that a person is from a certain place.

gingerthai said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
gingerthai said:

I know mate, i didn't think you where referring to anyone. I was explaining why i said that a username might not mean that a person is from a certain place.

yeah I got you, I don't really care where people are from, it's hardly their fault lol.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
gingerthai said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

yeah I got you, I don't really care where people are from, it's hardly their fault lol.

Totally agree, i'm lucky enough to be from Manchester, but for those who aren't and decide to support us then i'm pleased they made that choice. If that means Rawk think we have a load of gloryhunters so be it. What it means in reality is we are growing as a forum and attracting new members. This will be down to differing reasons, people finding out about the forum as it got bigger then joining. People who read it for a while before joining up, and a few other reasons. One of which will include a few new supporters as would be expected.

Who's going to be to blame when they come nowhere near winning the title? They've got the best players, the best manager and their owner is giving the best manager the funds to buy the best players. Who're those scousers going to scapegoat?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.