Bayern one of only six teams better than us now

Blue Elmo said:
I am relishing this game , finally we can test ourselves against a top team that isn't in our league. Bayern are a very good team and have had a very good start to the season. Mind you , they aren't unbeaten like we are...
They haven't been tested yet, we will be their sternest test and we can beat them.

They have largely inferior players to us and play in an inferior league than us. We needn’t go there hoping that we can ‘snatch’ something. Sure, it’ll be a tough game, but no more difficult than going to Chelsea, Arsenal or even Spurs away. Utd away is definitely more difficult. We could go to any of these places and feel that we could get a result. Bayern are no different.
I’m with Silva - we should attack them, because as Corporal Jones confirmed, the Hun don’t like it up ‘em.

LesBleuMiserable said:
alera said:
I don't think Chelsea are ahead us now. We have a much better ground and facilities. Better youth team setup. Better first team and squad.

We are much better supported in the uk at least most likely worldwide soon.

worldwide very soon!
Hmm. A bit off topic this but I think chelsea are probably better supported than us on a nationwide level. You see Kids all over the uk wearing their shirt . Armchair fans of course, but that's what kids do now I'm afraid. We aren't getting that yet.

Chelsea have found it difficult to build an overseas fanbase but so will we.

Royaloak said:
They have largely inferior players to us and play in an inferior league than us.

Not really, take away the top four or five in England and the rest are cannon fodder, same as any other league.
As for inferior players you are having a laugh, Ribery, Schweinsteiger, Gomez, Robben, Lahm, Rafinha, Neuer, Badstuber, Müller, Luis Gustavo. City have a great squad but to say ours isn't on the same level is utter crap.

Chelsea played to humongous crowds in Asia in pre-season.In my unscientific calculations and estimations, they are the 2nd most supported team here in the States, behind the rags and ahead of Arsenal.

bayern blade said:
Royaloak said:
They have largely inferior players to us and play in an inferior league than us.

Not really, take away the top four or five in England and the rest are cannon fodder, same as any other league.
As for inferior players you are having a laugh, Ribery, Schweinsteiger, Gomez, Robben, Lahm, Rafinha, Neuer, Badstuber, Müller, Luis Gustavo. City have a great squad but to say ours isn't on the same level is utter crap.

Okay, I'm an Everton fan (remember us? we beat you 3-1 in the semi final of the European CW Cup in 1985, back when we had a real team) and I will try to be as objective about this as possible.

Robben and Ribery - the so-called "Robbery" combination at Bayern - are major creative forces, but I don't believe either are as good as Silva or Nasri (for example).

Schweinsteiger would be good enough for any team on earth, along with Neuer. And Philip Lahm is certainly as good if not better than anyone at City. Mueller too is a great young player, but not better than or even equal to any of City's major hitters.

Rafinha and Badstuber are not that hot, IMHO. Maybe only Gomez is worthy out of Bayern's current squad to join Schweinsteiger and Lahm as truly elite standard, but I'm still not sure because he's doing it in Germany against weaker teams than he would face in England.

Bayern are Germany's only super club in terms of finances and honours; England has 4-5, so even when some of them are in decline (like Liverpool or Arsenal), there are always other major powers to come up against. This year, City have Man Utd and a sneakily improving Chelsea to contend with. When Bayern are having a good season, nobody can ever seemingly resist them; other sides only win the BL when Bayern have injuries, in-fighting, in other words, an "off season".

So... I'm not saying City will win, but they should pose a much greater threat to Bayern's defence than any side they've come up against so far this season.

bayern blade said:
Royaloak said:

The bundesliga hasn't got four or five teams that would cut our league. Bayern are and have been dominant over the years because it is a poorer league. No matter what you think Robben was not that good in our league, yet storms yours, Boateng simple could not handle our league and often pulled out of tackles, yet again does well in germany. How many of your team are actually better than what we have? Ribery has only played in the poorer leagues he has never done it in a top league over and over. Doubtless he is a good player but i think in his career he has taken the easy option. Gomez is your main.threat but again will he do it against higher quality defenders?
I guess I am talking uttet crap because I do think your players are inferior to ours.

They're good, don't get me wrong but the winners of their league were Dortmund. Can anyone on here(besides people who come from or live in Germany) name any dortmund players if it wasn't for computer games? They've got some big names but I think we have a lot more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.