Trouble in the East Stand??

tueartsboots said:
From Showsec:

Date: 17th October 2011
Official Showsec statement
RE: Ejection at Manchester City FC on Saturday 15th October 2011
Showsec’s operational role at Manchester City Football Club falls within the club’s match day
operation. In this instance we were directed by the club to eject a supporter for persistent
standing, which contravenes the ground regulations and followed repeated complaints from
other supporters in the area.
The ejection was carried out in line with the club’s policy and upon the gentleman’s refusal to
leave the ground we requested the support of Greater Manchester Police in order complete
the process.
The company will continue to support the policies of the club and any eschewing
investigations.
ENDS
As expected but interesting that it doesn't go as far as the club's statement which was outrageous.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
BufordUSABlue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
was just a suggestion to try and create maximum impact, I'm more than open to other suggestions/ideas.

So the lads are top of the league with our best start to the season ever and playing some of the best football i personally seen us play ever and what are we suggesting..........a boycott of a game! YCNMIU !!

Football is indeed a funy game it seems!

Can you imagine someone trying to explain why no one is in the ground to Aguero or David Silva..........priceless.

Come on chaps, i agree with some actions against Showsec based on the evidence ive seen and heard but a partition to the club requesting a firm and positive response should do it...... we have a history of listening to the fans.

read it back it was a suggestion!

but if Aguero and Silva being confused is more important to you than the welfare of fans then ok, but I'm sure they'd have plenty of respect for us if they were told unbiasedly why we weren't there, if you get my drift.

Calm down Joe, i am not the enemy here pal. I was just making a point. As i said, i do agree with actions and my own opinion is that we should sack them as they seem to court bad press and in turn it reflects badly on our great club....if they rumour is correct that they are rags, then enough said!

The beef is with Showsec and then the club if it continues to ignore the issue. Not the players, who would suffer surely as a result of a boycott.

tueartsboots said:
From Showsec:

Date: 17th October 2011
Official Showsec statement
RE: Ejection at Manchester City FC on Saturday 15th October 2011
Showsec’s operational role at Manchester City Football Club falls within the club’s match day
operation. In this instance we were directed by the club to eject a supporter for persistent
standing, which contravenes the ground regulations and followed repeated complaints from
other supporters in the area.
The ejection was carried out in line with the club’s policy and upon the gentleman’s refusal to
leave the ground we requested the support of Greater Manchester Police in order complete
the process.
The company will continue to support the policies of the club and any eschewing
investigations.
ENDS

Showsec haven't denied that their steward has comitted an assault, and that is the major part of this statement.

BufordUSABlue said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
BufordUSABlue said:
So the lads are top of the league with our best start to the season ever and playing some of the best football i personally seen us play ever and what are we suggesting..........a boycott of a game! YCNMIU !!

Football is indeed a funy game it seems!

Can you imagine someone trying to explain why no one is in the ground to Aguero or David Silva..........priceless.

Come on chaps, i agree with some actions against Showsec based on the evidence ive seen and heard but a partition to the club requesting a firm and positive response should do it...... we have a history of listening to the fans.

but if Aguero and Silva being confused is more important to you than the welfare of fans then ok, but I'm sure they'd have plenty of respect for us if they were told unbiasedly why we weren't there, if you get my drift.

Calm down Joe, i am not the enemy here pal. I was just making a point. As i said, i do agree with actions and my own opinion is that we should sack them as they seem to court bad press and in turn it reflects badly on our great club....if they rumour is correct that they are rags, then enough said!

The beef is with Showsec and then the club if it continues to ignore the issue. Not the players, who would suffer surely as a result of a boycott.

No I was just making light that to me how Silva and Aguero feel about it is the least of my concerns, that's all.

Stevie B said:
rcgf said:
For other fans to be complaining about this fan he must have been behaving inappropriately. When asked to leave he refused, therefore he had to be ejected.
The steward needs further training.
The supporter should get a lifetime ban.

obviously you wasn't there.....

I never seen/heard anyone complaining, infact everyone around him was supporting him.

Fair point !!

Will be at Swamp on Sunday and stood up for 90 mins plus Fergie time !!

Nervous times..............

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Didsbury Dave said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

So you reckon a thread on here and a Facebook page will result in an empty ground for the next match?

I think this is the funniest thing I've ever seen on this forum.

Not your finest hour, JMW. Not your finest hour.

really?

did I mention anything that even remotely suggested that a thread on here and a facebook page would result in anything, let alone an empty stadium?-No.

Did I imply we would even pursue this idea and did I offer it up in any other way than a suggestion?-No.

Did I suggest we do it at the next match, if at all?-No.

Funniest thing you've ever seen on this forum? You can't read many threads then.

Not my finest hour? Least you imply that I have enlightened this board with some great posts at some point unlike yourself who's repetitive misery and boring old fart syndrome leads to the vast majority labelling you as "dismal" and so enamoured with you that frankly a very small minority missed you when you pissed off for a month in a huff last year.

So, instead of trying and miserably failing to pick at a poster why don't you read the thread and contribute to the topic and stop making a complete and utter arse out of yourself?

Just ignore it JMW. He is trying to get a rise out of me for me getting a rise out of him the other day. I've chose to ignore it and ot give him the satisfaction he is looking for.

Good try Dave ;)

I'm not in favour of boycotting, my idea of a protest was more visual, as in doing the poznan whilst facing the pitch, also chanting sending out a message to the club we aren't happy with ShowSec.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Didsbury Dave said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

So you reckon a thread on here and a Facebook page will result in an empty ground for the next match?

I think this is the funniest thing I've ever seen on this forum.

Not your finest hour, JMW. Not your finest hour.

really?

did I mention anything that even remotely suggested that a thread on here and a facebook page would result in anything, let alone an empty stadium?-No.

Did I imply we would even pursue this idea and did I offer it up in any other way than a suggestion?-No.

Did I suggest we do it at the next match, if at all?-No.

Funniest thing you've ever seen on this forum? You can't read many threads then.

Not my finest hour? Least you imply that I have enlightened this board with some great posts at some point unlike yourself who's repetitive misery and boring old fart syndrome leads to the vast majority labelling you as "dismal" and so enamoured with you that frankly a very small minority missed you when you pissed off for a month in a huff last year.

So, instead of trying and miserably failing to pick at a poster why don't you read the thread and contribute to the topic and stop making a complete and utter arse out of yourself?

I'm boycotting this thread as of now.

I hope other like-minded blues do the same.

That'll show you all.

Stevie B said:
Bored of this now.... constantly reiterating the same points to those of us who think this man was in the wrong.

He wasn't, legally he is allowed to remain standing anyway so what's the issue?
and don't quote those FA guidelines... they are exactly that - Guidelines... not LAW

Why wasn't I told to Sit?
Why wasn't anyone in the away end/SS told to sit?

Because they are in Standing areas?????

Well we where told that 109 was a standing area.

Nobody complained around him, if they did they did it indiscreetly.

if you want to sit by all means, plenty of seats around the stadium, the most popular areas for tickets is these blocks where everyone stands.... because people want to stand there.
And have since been told they are not.

Stop labouring that point, it is moot.

Have a go at showsec etc but what you were told by the ticket office is of no relevance after the club have made it clear several times since that 109 is not standing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.