Any fans of "The Boss"

ickle~blue said:
same as ob first time the 84/85 tour but at Roundhay Park and fortunately four more times after that, he can do no wrong for me....does make me wonder how he will fill the gap on the left of the stage now that "the big man" is no longer with us :(

I was at Roundhey Park too - towards the back.... he was like a spec on the horizon lol.

On the OS now.....£55 at ticket, onsale Sun Dec 3rd at 9am.

Wonder if we Season Ticket holders will get a pre-sale like the recent Coldplay date?

First saw him at Apollo in 1980......then Wembley 85 and most recently at Old Trafford Cricket a few years back....as he sang 'There's a darkness on the edge of town', just as the sun was setting, I could see a corner of the other Old Trafford......quite apt.

Brilliant news !!! Seen him tons of times but to see my all time favourite artist at City is ****ing superb.

Just sad that the Big man won't be there alongside him.

Gaudino said:
On the OS now.....£55 at ticket, onsale Sun Dec 3rd at 9am.

Wonder if we Season Ticket holders will get a pre-sale like the recent Coldplay date?

First saw him at Apollo in 1980......then Wembley 85 and most recently at Old Trafford Cricket a few years back....as he sang 'There's a darkness on the edge of town', just as the sun was setting, I could see a corner of the other Old Trafford......quite apt.

We've usually had a pre-sale day for SC Holders in the past - I remember buying mine in this way for the Ricky Hatton Homecoming.

I also saw the 1980 Tour (but at the NEC - couldn't get tickets for the Apollo).
In fact I've seen Bruce & the Band on every tour since. The gig at The Swamp a few years ago wasn't as good as the others - the acoustics there were awful. Something to do with all that scaffolding.

The Lancs Cricket Ground gig in 2003 was one of my favourites, mainly due to the fantastic weather, the great set list and it was the first time my son had seen Bruce (he was only 9 at the time).

BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester said:

I also saw the 1980 Tour (but at the NEC - couldn't get tickets for the Apollo).
In fact I've seen Bruce & the Band on every tour since. The gig at The Swamp a few years ago wasn't as good as the others - the acoustics there were awful. Something to do with all that scaffolding.

The Lancs Cricket Ground gig in 2003 was one of my favourites, mainly due to the fantastic weather, the great set list and it was the first time my son had seen Bruce (he was only 9 at the time).

I was also at one of the NEC gigs but I think you'll find it was 1981 not 80. Were you at the one where Townsend joined them on stage ? I went to the Apollo but had tickets for the Thursday night which ended up being the night of the FA Cup Final replay. SO sold my 6th row tickets for that night for face value and ended up paying a tout for rear stalls for the Wed night. Still great to be there though.

Was at the swamp and remember others saying the sound was bad but we were right at the front so didn't notice it.

I also saw Springsteen in 1981 on both nights at the Apollo, thereby missing the FA Cup Final replay (which I couldn't have got to anyway). You couldn't give away the tickets that night iirc. He was absolutely superb and I must say I think I made the right decision, given the ultimate result in the final. I also went down to see him at the NEC the follwoing Sunday and each show was different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.