Is it a myth that we've got the best squad in England?

blueyorkie said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
We do have a large squad but alot of the squad players are either not utilised like tevez and nedum or are just not good enough e.g kolarov, savic, johnson and de jong.

No we have a squad of 25, it's the league rules, or did you miss that?
You don't have to have a squad of 25 just a limit of 25, and also unlimited under 21s thats the rules or did you miss that? Also what does have to do with my post.

SWP's back said:
Bazzmand Show said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
We do have a large squad but alot of the squad players are either not utilised like tevez and nedum or are just not good enough e.g kolarov, savic, johnson and de jong.

Can't agree with that. Johnson and De Jong would make most top sides starting team.
Define "top sides"

I'd say that De Jong could quite comfortably make Liverpool/Chelsea/Arsenal and Uniteds first 11 most weeks. Johnson could also easily play quite a bit of football for them.

Er no...thats why we are top..

samharris said:

yeah, but imagine if we were without kompany all season like they have been without vidic. hell the four game ban on kompany has been nightmare for us. They have more complete squad, we have better first 11....to me its very clear.

Calcio said:
samharris said:

yeah, but imagine if we were without kompany all season like they have been without vidic. hell the four game ban on kompany has been nightmare for us. They have more complete squad, we have better first 11....to me its very clear.

we have won both our prem games since losing Vinnie so its not that bad..Imagining Vinnie out for the season doesnt come into it til it happens so in reality cant be used as an argument.

we were robbed by cuntish refereeing at the Dippers. Vinnie is not allowed to stand in front of a penalty kick so if he was playing it wouldnt matter..

we have the strongest first eleven in the league for me but ideally we need stronger cover for kompany,yaya and maybe aguero without those 3 we are a lot weaker and silva maybe but that's where nasri should come into his own

new ross blue said:
we have the strongest first eleven in the league for me but ideally we need stronger cover for kompany,yaya and maybe aguero without those 3 we are a lot weaker and silva maybe but that's where nasri should come into his own

But getting stronger cover for Yaya,Komps,Aguero and silva means top top players being brought in who will not like to be deemed as 'cover'..

Thats the problem managers face..
Who is The scums cover for Rooney ?? Or liverpools cover for Suarez ?? Arsenals cover for van persie?? they have to be lesser players or they would be off in no time..

The top players are at the top cos they are better than the rest..

MCFC BOB said:
Manchester City
Team A
Hart; Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy; Yaya, Barry, Nasri, Silva; Aguero, Balotelli

Team B
Pantilimon; Zabaleta, Savic, Kolo Toure, Kolarov; Hargreaves, de Jong, Johnson, Milner; Dzeko, Tevez(?)

Manchester United
Team A
de Gea; Rafael, Jones, Vidic, Evra; Anderson, Cleverley, Nani, Young; Rooney, Hernandez

Team B
Lindegaard; Valencia, Evans, Ferdinand, Fabio; Park, Carrick, Fletcher, Giggs; Berbatov, Welbeck

Tottenham Hotspur
Team A
Friedel; Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto; Parker, Modric, van der Vaart, Bale, Lennon; Adebayor

Team B
Cudicini; Corluka, Dawson, Gallas, Bassong; Huddlestone, Sandro, Livermore, Pienaar; Pavlyuchenko, Defoe
Much of a muchness squad wise. I think we have the seven of the eleven best players in the league though (Yaya, Hart, Kompany, Silva, Agüero, Richards, Barry - Rooney, Vidic, King, Modric, Bale). Them second teams are all as good as each other.

danburge82 said:
MCFC BOB said:
Manchester City
Team A
Hart; Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy; Yaya, Barry, Nasri, Silva; Aguero, Balotelli

Team B
Pantilimon; Zabaleta, Savic, Kolo Toure, Kolarov; Hargreaves, de Jong, Johnson, Milner; Dzeko, Tevez(?)

Manchester United
Team A
de Gea; Rafael, Jones, Vidic, Evra; Anderson, Cleverley, Nani, Young; Rooney, Hernandez

Team B
Lindegaard; Valencia, Evans, Ferdinand, Fabio; Park, Carrick, Fletcher, Giggs; Berbatov, Welbeck

Tottenham Hotspur
Team A
Friedel; Walker, Kaboul, King, Assou-Ekotto; Parker, Modric, van der Vaart, Bale, Lennon; Adebayor

Team B
Cudicini; Corluka, Dawson, Gallas, Bassong; Huddlestone, Sandro, Livermore, Pienaar; Pavlyuchenko, Defoe
Much of a muchness squad wise. I think we have the seven of the eleven best players in the league though (Yaya, Hart, Kompany, Silva, Agüero, Richards, Barry - Rooney, Vidic, King, Modric, Bale). Them second teams are all as good as each other.
Barry has been great for us, but I don't think he is in the top 11 players in the league.

MCFC BOB said:
Manchester City
Team A

Team B

Manchester United
Team A

Team B

Tottenham Hotspur
Team A

Team B

United's B team is better than our's man for man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.