Anyone shed any light on....

Nelly's Left Foot said:
FantasyIreland said:
It annoys me.We are a far better,more fluid and threatening side with our first choice fullbacks as they are simply better footballers and offer us far more creative options.

Had they played,our goal difference could have improved by a greater margin and i would have some fingernails left .....

Not 100% sure if we have first choice full backs! Most might think it's Micah and Clichy but the manager has rung the changes so often it's not easy to tell.

I assume he changes them as they do so much work up and down the line (more than other positions?) and he thinks they need resting but maybe it's not just that and he plays the ones he thinks are best suited to the opposition.Or are they all as good as each other in their roles

But surely he sees that Clichy is a far far better left back than Kolarov. I would guess 95% of fans/pundits agree with this. It really is quite amazing when you think about it. You never see Assou ekkotu or Evra being rested do you ? Perhaps i'm overrating Clichy too much but to me there is no competition he is clearly a better footballing left back.

brad the blue said:
Never mind the full backs. Why didn't he go with two up top against a very poor villa side? I know we won but it should have been a comfortable win.

Because we only have two fit strikers, with one in particular out of form. We completely bossed the game, controlled the midfield, stopped Villa getting a foothold in the game. That suggests to me our tactics worked, bizarre to criticse the formation.

citymad said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
FantasyIreland said:
It annoys me.We are a far better,more fluid and threatening side with our first choice fullbacks as they are simply better footballers and offer us far more creative options.

Had they played,our goal difference could have improved by a greater margin and i would have some fingernails left .....

Not 100% sure if we have first choice full backs! Most might think it's Micah and Clichy but the manager has rung the changes so often it's not easy to tell.

I assume he changes them as they do so much work up and down the line (more than other positions?) and he thinks they need resting but maybe it's not just that and he plays the ones he thinks are best suited to the opposition.Or are they all as good as each other in their roles

But surely he sees that Clichy is a far far better left back than Kolarov. I would guess 95% of fans/pundits agree with this. It really is quite amazing when you think about it. You never see Assou ekkotu or Evra being rested do you ? Perhaps i'm overrating Clichy too much but to me there is no competition he is clearly a better footballing left back.

What do you think this forum would be like if Mancini played Micah and Clichy and they got injured? Everyone would be asking why he used his best full backs against a weak Villa team when we have Porto coming up.

I think Kolarov and Zab both had a decent game today, they done their job.

20sbc07 said:
citymad said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:

What do you think this forum would be like if Mancini played Micah and Clichy and they got injured? Everyone would be asking why he used his best full backs against a weak Villa team when we have Porto coming up.

I think Kolarov and Zab both had a decent game today, they done their job.

This.

It's even better winning without Clichy, Micah, Nasri, Edin, Balotelli and Yaya. Rested players are usually stronger in the next game and it shows our strength in depth

Marvin said:
It's even better winning without Clichy, Micah, Nasri, Edin, Balotelli and Yaya. Rested players are usually stronger in the next game and it shows our strength in depth

Great win don't get me wrong but we'll just brush over the fact we were clinging on at the end after creating very few real chances throughout the game.

Down purely to poor team selection.

FantasyIreland said:
Great win don't get me wrong but we'll just brush over the fact we were clinging on at the end after creating very few real chances throughout the game.

Down purely to poor team selection.

Are you for real? Every away game in the prem is difficult and yet we let the home team have 5 minutes of possession in 98 mins of football which included our keeper having to make ONE save whilst we had 17 shots....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.