AVB: "I refuse to build a team like City...

I don't care what style we are playing, some of the football this season has been breath taking. We play arguably the most attractive football in the country at the moment. Who would have thought that even 3 years ago? I

AVB has shown he is clueless. If Italian football is so bad how come Napoli battered them so easily in the CL?

Well he also said that Chelsea wouldn't make the same mistake against Everton and underestimate them like Manchester City did, then straight afterwards lost to Everton!

Funny thing is we play more like his old Porto team than Chelsea do! Chelsea are one of the most boring sides in the league at the moment, only Mata and Sturridge offer any excitement.

bluemoon05 said:
These quotes are contradictory

"And that's what City is doing right now: attacking efficiency above all"

And also that we "belong in Italy"

How exactly can those two statements be reconciled?

Because Italian teams don't play the stuffy, crap defensive football English people are lead to believe they do. Italian teams defend well, are tactically brilliant and attack efficiently (Eg, 3-0 against Liverpool, 4-0 against Porto.) I hope no one here is suggesting that Napoli are a shite team to watch?

bluemoon05 said:

Outside of English stereotypes, "playing Italian" doesn't really mean playing defensively. We all have different stereotypes of each other. The Italians think we're all shit plodders who can't control a ball.

Dom38 said:
bluemoon05 said:

Because Italian teams don't play the stuffy, crap defensive football English people are lead to believe they do. Italian teams defend well, are tactically brilliant and attack efficiently (Eg, 3-0 against Liverpool, 4-0 against Porto.) I hope no one here is suggesting that Napoli are a shite team to watch?

I'm aware that the stereotypes of Italian football aren't accurate but they are still more tactical and defensive than the prem. How then do we belong there if we put 'attacking efficiency above all'. And how would we have comfortably the best defence in the prem?

Damocles said:
bluemoon05 said:

Outside of English stereotypes, "playing Italian" doesn't really mean playing defensively. We all have different stereotypes of each other. The Italians think we're all shit plodders who can't control a ball.
and their probably right....

is it now any wonder that his team will be playing in the Europa League, and without him, next year?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.