Scottish Football Wages?

samy

Anyone know how much SPL players get ?? The top players at likes of Rangers and Celtic ????

It was said that they need to save £1m a month. Two players left and three of their top players have agreed a 75% cut - and they still need more cuts.

We'd only our highest paid player to do that and we'd be there!

There's no way that they could match the PL or some of the better Championship teams salaries. There's not many people outside of Scotland interested in the SPL and, judging by the attendences at anything other than the 2 Glasgow clubs, not many in Scotland either. Sponsors and tv rights won't be anywhere near what English teams are getting.

Ias thinking the same players in the Championship must be on more then SPL, Wonder what Samrass is on hahah !

Two Rangers players, McGregor and Davis, are reputedly on 26K and 28K respectively. With the apparent 'hair-cuts' from the Sweeney Todd Administrators, however, this should now be significantly less.

Nobody in the SPL deserves to be on those figures.

Top ranking Old Firm players, maybe 30-35k a week.

At middle ranking clubs, the top wage for senior players would be around 5k, maybe with the odd higher exception.

At St Mirren, only the few most experienced, senior players break 1k a week.

<a class="postlink" href="http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa9/stuarthd/splwages.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa9/ ... lwages.jpg</a>

I guess there`s the difference between Rangers and most other clubs. It is a club where the majority of its players grew up as supporters (think City`s team of the 60`s, early 70`s). Its in their heart. Imagine anyone at City today being asked to take a 75% pay cut to help the club survive and avoid others being made redundant?? Aye, righty ho...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.