London Based Blues-New venue

mdj0520 said:
Where's this then? I live in canary wharf at the moments, so I wound up in a rag infested pub there.

I did manage to upset the lot of the glory hunting plastic cockneys though.

I'd rather be with my own kind though.
The Blue Anchor, Chancery lane-place was packed to the rafters with Blues, we drank the place dry, some of us nipped to Sainsburys and bought cans as getting to the bar was nigh on impossible ! Awesome night ! will get some youtubes up later !

Most folk know i never ever miss a D'Day at ours or over theirs ...however havin forked out shitloads on me new business i had no choice but to watch the match in the smoke.

...tbh i can only echo wot BlueBoy n' TueartsBoots have already said ...twas fuckin crazy n' steamin hot like a furnace goin the bar (whilst bar were wet btw)

Tried convertin that fan of Liverpool Football Club to no avail tho an enemy of thy enemy n' all that stuff, reckon that Millwall n' his loud Tottnum mate fuckin Luv City deep down hahaha

...tho well into his mid 70's he's not a bad lad that TueartsBoots in sortin out decent waterin holes for fellow blues that for wotever reason can't make it to a match.

he's not really 70 odd years of age is TB buh' i could'nt be arsed puttin a smiley beside the initial 'mid 70s' plus he'l have to really swint to read this anyways lol

tueartsboots said:
... some of us nipped to Sainsburys and bought cans as getting to the bar was nigh on impossible ! Awesome night ! will get some youtubes up later !

And some of us jumped behind the downstairs bar (me and my mate [leeds fan], with permission from bar staff) to help fellow blues get served quicker!

Anyone got any pics or videos of us in there btw?

Maintainin said:
Most folk know i never ever miss a D'Day at ours or over theirs ...however havin forked out shitloads on me new business i had no choice but to watch the match in the smoke.

...tbh i can only echo wot BlueBoy n' TueartsBoots have already said ...twas fuckin crazy n' steamin hot like a furnace goin the bar (whilst bar were wet btw)

Tried convertin that fan of Liverpool Football Club to no avail tho an enemy of thy enemy n' all that stuff, reckon that Millwall n' his loud Tottnum mate fuckin Luv City deep down hahaha

...tho well into his mid 70's he's not a bad lad that TueartsBoots in sortin out decent waterin holes for fellow blues that for wotever reason can't make it to a match.

he's not really 70 odd years of age is TB buh' i could'nt be arsed puttin a smiley beside the initial 'mid 70s' plus he'l have to really swint to read this anyways lol
I lmfao before reading disclaimer ! You know I have a sense of humor (spelt that way so y'all understand ;) )

The Millwall fella gave me his betting slip to cash in City win 28/1 ! £2 !<br /><br />-- Tue May 01, 2012 12:56 pm --<br /><br />
dajd1984 said:
tueartsboots said:
... some of us nipped to Sainsburys and bought cans as getting to the bar was nigh on impossible ! Awesome night ! will get some youtubes up later !

And some of us jumped behind the downstairs bar (me and my mate [leeds fan], with permission from bar staff) to help fellow blues get served quicker!

Anyone got any pics or videos of us in there btw?
We've videos/pics from upstairs but I don't know about downstairs- will be putting on youtube when I get a chance but that was a mental night !

as said earlier it was an awesome atmoshpere in there last night,
although a few more bar staff would have been useful.

Excellent result and the best City match i've watched in London.

Yeah, was a great night, thanks again to tueartsboots for organising it all. The Landlord must have thought all his Christmases had come at once.

Will it be open for the Newcastle game?

DalstonBlue said:
Yeah, was a great night, thanks again to tueartsboots for organising it all. The Landlord must have thought all his Christmases had come at once.

Will it be open for the Newcastle game?
It will be open from 12pm but don't expect the number of Blues like Monday ! I used to live in Stokie (Peckham now) a couple of Blues used to meet in The Nobody Inn, Newington Green.
I won't be around, off to Tunisia Sunday-never let your missus organise a holiday !

Lol ! Etihad stadium is on the thumbprints roll ! We're not really here !

Yea mint night , packed n great atmosphere. I will be checking it out for Newcastle game, hopefully they will show it? Cos don't know fuck elsewhere to watch it, can't believe outta Manchester during all this.

Video from the sweaty downstairs of the Blue Anchor at <a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/du6dP-elug8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/du6dP-elug8</a>

Big thanks to those who staffed the bar - can't believe they ran out of bitter before the KO - but a memorable night and great to meet some new fellow Blues

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.