For those Blues that are no longer here

my dad......he was a blue ........there were 2 sons , 1 became a Trafford fan the other a blue............just how lucky was I , been a character building exercise over the last 40 odd years, lots of lows , but I wouldn't change it for the world ..........hopefully our day on Sunday !

My dad Dave Whittle lived on Margaret st Gorton told me how he and his mates cried watching the stand burn down at Hyde rd they used to walk to see the new ground progress in Moss Side,first took me in 1949.
My Mum Alice a good Ardwick lass she taught me to sing "who said City could'nt play".Miss them both may cry if we win on Sun.
Thanks a million to the fan who gave us this thread Gary James has my blessing to use my posting.

Sadly, my dad passed away last week, which is why I haven't been on here for a little while. He watched last Monday's derby, was really excited about the result and the prospect of us lifting the title, then died 36 hours later of a massive heart attack while he was out. Can't help thinking the sheer tension and excitement of that game must have played some part in that.

He wasn't originally a football fan but after trying a few teams to take us to, got hooked on City, like so many seem to do. We got season tickets in the newly opened North Stand in 1972 although he hadn't been to a live match for quite some time.

Sadly he ded jsut a few days before what we all hope will be a glorious day on Sunday but he'll be very much in the thoughts of me, my brother and his three grandsons at the game.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Sadly, my dad passed away last week, which is why I haven't been on here for a little while. He watched last Monday's derby, was really excited about the result and the prospect of us lifting the title, then died 36 hours later of a massive heart attack while he was out. Can't help thinking the sheer tension and excitement of that game must have played some part in that.

He wasn't originally a football fan but after trying a few teams to take us to, got hooked on City, like so many seem to do. We got season tickets in the newly opened North Stand in 1972 although he hadn't been to a live match for quite some time.

Sadly he ded jsut a few days before what we all hope will be a glorious day on Sunday but he'll be very much in the thoughts of me, my brother and his three grandsons at the game.

So sorry to hear of your loss PB.

RIP to all blues.

My step grandad who was on the city board in the 60's/70's - loved city so much - a legend

Prestwich_Blue said:

Very sorry to hear of you and your family's loss mate.

I'm sure he will be by your side and taken into the ground with you on Sunday as will thousands of others be by our sides and taken along with us. Without them all we wouldn't be there ourselves.

For my old man who i lost as a 14 yr old. Infact he is probably up there now saying "You dozy git, all the money you have spent without seeing anything and you dont get back from you 6 month trip until a fortnight after". Shit happens eh Dad :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.