Pleased For Hodgson

Markt85 said:
IH8MUFC said:
hate to be a party pooper and spoil this Hodgson love in but last night was a shambles. Starting fat shrek was a terrible decision unless of course your Ukrainian because 95% of the time he passed to a Ukraine shirt. The team has much more balance when Chamberlain is playing. Yet Hodgson continues with Young and Milner down the flanks. Even Walcott has done more than both combined with in the little time he has played.

lol, started him and he scored the winning goal, now got a game behind him and fitness back to scratch, no manager in the world would have left him out.

I have to say Rooney's performance the other night was genuinely woeful. It really was (another) very poor display. As for the goal anyone, and I mean anyone could / would have scored it. Rooney lives on the media hype (which is completely and totaly off the scale) and his 'reputation'. Vastly over rated and as a player he has gone down hill noticeably since his transfer request saga. An impact sub for England at best IMHO.

Roy as a bloke seems genuine and I'm glad they can't rip him apart in the papers, however I think he has been helped by injuries, the centre of midfield would have been completely different had Barry and more so Lampard not been injured, they have been taken out the equation and made his job a lot easier in picking Gerrard and Parker. Some of his squad decisions have been very dubious, but if we win it I suppose all will be forgiven, especially Richards exclusion. I still don't see Rooney as the saviour, I think sometimes he drops too deep and drags players in with him, when he was subbed I thought there was a lot more space for the players to run into and pass the ball and I could have scored that goal and that's saying something.

The proof will be how we do in the next game(s).

England aren't a bad team but have rarely looked great over the years whoever was in charge. Scrappy wins are the norm - and if we get a few more scrappy wins under Roy then he's done the job.

He's clearly decided on a defence first policy, which is why Milner is playing (and probably why Downing was chosen over Johnson).

Gerrard is having his best tournament so far - he knows he won't have many more chances, and I think the 'underdog' theme has been hammered home by Roy to get the players onside and following instructions.

Rooney did look off the pace, but in that one game he had as many shots as any other player in the team over the three games (only Gerrard has had as many). We're told that he's played badly for Utd this season, yet he got 35 goals, and he showed why. Even when his form is iffy, he knows where to be to get the chances. It's interesting that Hodgson has downplayed our chances, and told the players they are being written off, whereas he's spoken of Rooney in the same breath as Pele. Obviously Rooney needs to do something special if we're going to play so defensively, and it looks like he's trying to give him some freedom in the hope that he creates a little magic.

Interesting times!

Damocles said:
Picked Jones in front of Richards.

Can get fucked.

boo fucking hoo

unbeaten, topped our group and in the quater finals - and all you care about is a right back who's always on the bench for your club not being picked for the England squad.

Markt85 said:
Damocles said:

Can get fucked.

boo fucking hoo

unbeaten, topped our group and in the quater finals - and all you care about is a right back who's always on the bench for your club not being picked for the England squad.

Always on the bench? He started the majority of our league games you numpty.

Markt85 said:
Damocles said:

Can get fucked.

boo fucking hoo

Always on the bench? Do one, idiot.

Damocles said:
Markt85 said:
Damocles said:

Can get fucked.

boo fucking hoo

Man Citys last 13 games -

QPR - Bench , didnt feature

Newcastle - Bench , didnt feature

Man U - Bench , didnt feature

Wolves - Not in squad

Norwich - Bench , didnt feature

West Brom - Played

Arsenal - Bench , didnt feature

Sunderland - Subbed Half Time

Chelsea - Played

Swansea - Played

Bolton - Not in squad

Blackburn - Bench , didnt feature

Aston Villa - Bench , didnt feature

Markt85 said:
Damocles said:
Markt85 said:
boo fucking hoo

Wolves - Not in squad

West Brom - Played

Chelsea - Played

Swansea - Played

Bolton - Not in squad

Erm...you do realise he was injured for some of the games towards the end of the season don't you? As a City fan who's watched every game this season, I can tell you that Richards has probably been our best right back, and is far better than that donkey Jones.

BlueEagle said:
Markt85 said:
Damocles said:

Wolves - Not in squad

West Brom - Played

Chelsea - Played

Swansea - Played

Bolton - Not in squad

Erm...you do realise he was injured for some of the games towards the end of the season don't you? As a City fan who's watched every game this season, I can tell you that Richards has probably been our best right back, and is far better than that donkey Jones.

Ignore him mate, he's just pissed off that no one on here rates the love of his life, Brave Scotty Parker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.